All other rights go to Naruto© Creator: Masashi Kishimoto

You are not connected. Please login or register

Death of the Red Clouds, Birth of the Sleeping Dragon[Invite Only]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Poncho

Poncho
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Death of the Red Clouds, Birth of the Sleeping Dragon[Invite Only] 82fd4360023c72fb94df5f7cb45b48b5
It had been a couple of days since the invasion of the Sound had come a to a conclusion and only three of the participants were to be found. Those being Junpei, a woman by the name of Kurage, and then the assumed leader Saika. Waking in a daze, again the teen had nothing on his agenda. Sitting up he off the traditional tatami flooring in the house he had been sleeping in, his eyes lifelessly scanned the room. From the bland blue coloring that crept into the room from the window to his left, Junpei deduced it was early in the morning. "Shit, I can't get used to letting days roll by like this . . ." He stood from his position and walked to the window to take a peek outside. Only the flare of roadside torches were visible in the misty dawn. Looking further, the sight of the dense jungle and silhouettes of mountains surrounding the village made him notice how secluded the village actually was. The village was known, but hardly considered and entity in the world. He wanted to change that, but perhaps not in the negative manner. A semi embarrassed grin slid onto his face as he felt that Hikaru's traits had rubbed off on him rather than vice versa like he had hoped. "Guess I should consult the old lady first . . ." He nodded as he moved to change out of his resting wear.

All white haori, a black plate guard that covered his chest, then an off white gi underneath. On his hands he wore his old Anbu gloves from his days as a Snow Ninja and these covered his forearms and the backs of his hands. Dark, maybe hunter green shinobi pants adorned his lower body and were met by shin bandages then shinobi sandals. Ruby red eyes that seemed to have lost their flames and his pure ivory white hair that messily rested on his forehead. Out of the building he was resting in, he moved to the one that Saika was supposedly operating in. Across the street and down a few blocks, he knock on the door of the cottage . . . no answer. "Come on ya old bat, I know you haven't gone senile already open up." After about another half minute, he just pressed against the door and it opened. From where he was standing he didn't need to proceed any further to know what had happened here. The smell of death was evident, but it didn't surprise him. Word traveled to his ear pretty quickly about how her rally went and needless to say the citizens were fine with Tsubasa's death, but weren't to keen on Saika as the new Daimyo. Walking into the dark room, he found her body and saw the quick work made of her. A simple slit throat, but obviously not manageable by a simple citizen meaning the ninja's in the village had organized it.

He wasn't one to let things do to waste, so crouching down he dug into her pockets and withdrew a nice sum of Ryo. Though the thought of consumption was tempting, for some reason he just hadn't the drive to dispose of her corpse by eating it. Instead he grabbed the limp body out of the house letting her head hang to her chest and once outside he continued dragging her leaving a minor trail of blood until he arrived at the village center. Some villagers looked at Junpei in fear of his reaction, but in truth he could care less about the death of his "leader". Clearing his throat he wasn't sure what to say. "Hmmm . . . Well . . . since she got killed, I guess I'll assume the role of the Daimyo. I'm not much of a corrupt ruler though, so maybe we can just settle down and become a peaceful little village or something ya know?" Th people looked at him a bit skeptical like wondering if he was telling the truth or not. "Hmm, don't believe me, I'm not surprised. How about this, just give me a test run and if I suck at the job . . ." He lifted Saika's limp body a bit gesturing he would suffice with death. "Then you guys can take me out too. I'll leave the body here for you guys to do whatever, I'll be doing uhh, Daimyo stuff I guess hehe." Waving he walked off to the site of the destroyed Daimyo building. It was currently being repaired by some workers and Junpei simply watched them.

"Hey guys . . ." He gestured for the workers to come near and after exchanging looks with each other they did. "What do you want?" Scorn was in the mans tone, but Junpei didn't blame him after how things went down. "Take a break from rebuilding this thing . . . I won't be needing it for awhile, so think of it as a side project and get it done whenever . . . Right now I guess just focus on your own lives . . . families and stuff yeah?" One man looked at Junpei as if he were crazy and quickly snagged the teen by his collar. "You think this is some sick joke?! My son died because of you monsters! He died and I'll never get him back!" Junpei didn't react to the mans reaction for the man was only acting the way most humans would. Soon enough tears of rage and sadness were streaming down his face and the other workers looked at Junpei wondering how he would respond. "I can't say I understand your pain . . . but I do understand the rage you feel towards me and I don't blame you. This isn't anything near enough to compensate for your loss . . . but it's the best I can give you." Digging in his yukata his withdrew a pouch that held a nice sum of Ryo in it. "I accumulated it on my travels and don't use much of it, but I figure your family could use it . . . sorry for your loss." Truly a new side of the teen and for some reason he didn't know why he was acting in such away. Maybe he was finally maturing into a man and this was the type of man he was fit to be.

Looking at the pouch, the man looked as if he were going to deny it, but once he looked at Junpei, he seemed to notice he was different than the others. "Th-thank you . . . Thank you Daimyo-dono." The man removed his hands from Junpei's collar and graciously took the money wit a bow.  Scratching the back of his head with an embarrassed grin he brushed off the good deed that would normally sicken him to his stomach. "Just call me Junpei . . . please." He spoke to them all this time and they nodded before gathering there things and heading off.

Junpei remained behind and simply stared at the destroyed tower that had its frame being built. He was wondering what he was experiencing and wondering where it would place him in the future. Would he really settle down and become the ruler of this land or was this just a phase for the teen? He needed Hikaru. The boy was young, but he was well beyond his years when it came to wisdom and he was also a great sounding board. Nodding to himself he then walked to the previous cottage he was staying in. Most villagers gave him shady looks and some children even tossed rocks at him, but he stayed meek and waved to those who didn't seem to mean any harm or didn't give him a grim expression. Arriving at his cottage he walked in to see it had been ransacked. The floors torn up, walls busted, ceiling stabbed though, the whole shebang. Sighing, he stepped out of the house and was welcomed with the sight of villagers outside expecting a reaction out of him. Of course they wouldn't earn the one they were wanting though, Junpei was far smarter than that.

"Does anyone have some utensils I could use to write a letter?" The villagers looked around at each other, none wanting to answer or maybe to not permit the demon inside their home. "Understandable . . . I'll be in the jungle if I'm needed." He knew it would be a long journey earning these peoples trust. Not only from the display the Akatsuki had put on before, but also from the way they had been treated by the previous Daimyo Tsubasa. Still deep in thought, he entered the rain forest that surrounded the village and he soon found himself resting on a tree branch, still making laps around his pink matter.

As time ticked by he woke to a pebble tapping him in the head, then another, then another. Looking down a few meters below to the source he saw a smile child. "Hey there little one, shouldn't you be in the village where it's safe. I'm sure your parents wouldn't want you around a demon like myself." A bit of Junpei's held back anger escaped, but only in his words as his tone remained calm and soothing. "The villagers want to see you in the town square." The teen looked towards the village as if he could pierce the thick vegetation with his eyes to see far enough. "Ok, I'll be there . . ." Letting the child run off back towards the village, Junpei relieved himself in the jungle then headed to the town square.

There it seemed all of the village was lined up on one side and he stood alone on the other. Those that were ninja were also on the side of the villagers and some even perched on buildings, the vibe to Junpei felt like a modern day assassination, but as long as he had the three of his blades with him, they wouldn't succeed. Stepping forward was one older man, probably in his late forties. We have come to the decision as a whole to let you remain in our village as its protector. Though you'll stay under heavy surveillance and we will judge you every step, we will accept you as our Daimyo, because we have no one more experienced in your particular line of work and also because it seems you show promise. Not once did you retaliate to our shenanigans and it shows that you may be trying to turn a new leaf." Junpei's expression turned a little surprised, though some villagers held disappointed looks on their face and some a bit shameful at their acts of hazing, he was being accepted. "I'll do my best . . ." He gave a slight bow to the columns and rows of villagers sided against him and soon they all dispersed. The ones that walked by him only gave him a glance and nothing more and the only one to speak to him was the man. "It's gonna be a tough road for you, but I think you can do it kid. I'm Don Roku by the way, you'll be staying at my place until we get the Daimyo's castle rebuilt. Come on." Junpei smiled to the man and graciously followed him to his home. Entering he saw that the man had a family that consisted of a wife and two kids. One seemed about seven years of age and was a girl and the other a boy maybe fifteen, awkwardly not far from Junpei's own age. Taking off his shoes respectfully, he also bowed to the family. "Thank you for having me in your home." The wife nodded acknowledging his bow and the children seemed a bit confused. "Your rooms right here, enjoy your stay." Opening the door to the room he saw it was a simple room just like his other one. Tatami flooring, traditional Japanese wall and ceiling, then a mat and blanket in the middle for him to sleep. "Thank you, I'll be heading to bed for the night." Don nodded to him and Junpei closed the door and went to bed as the new Daimyo of the Sound.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum