Chronus
C-rank missing ninja
C-rank missing ninja

Code:
[center][img]http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1723/73m2.png[/img][/center]

[b]Name:[/b][a realistic name, please.]
[b]Rank:[/b][What rank is this Jutsu?]
[b]Type:[/b][ninjutsu, genjutsu, etc.]
[b]Used For:[/b][Is this a Offensive or Defensive Jutsu? If both just state so.]
[b]Element:[/b][Does this jutsu have an element?]
[b]Range:[/b][how far can this Jutsu reach?]
[b]Duration:[/b] [How long does this jutsu last for?]
[b]Hand Seals/Charge up:[/b][How many seals does this jutsu require or how long does it take to charge before use?]
[b]Description:[/b][What does this Jutsu do? What does it look like etc.. details are important.]
[b]Weakness:[/b][EVERY CUSTOM JUTSU MUST HAVE ONE, NO BUTS.]

Last edited by Chronus on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total

2Chronus' Forge Empty Re: Chronus' Forge Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:57 am

Chronus

Chronus
C-rank missing ninja
C-rank missing ninja

Chronus' Forge 73m2

Name: Soulsmith (魂鍛冶屋, Tamashī Kajiya)
Type: Ninjutsu, Fighting Style
Used For: *varies upon technique*
Element: N/A
Range: *varies upon technique*
Duration: *until cancelled or destroyed*
Hand Seals/Charge up:  *varies upon technique*
Description: A signature technique of Chronus, born a Tamashī. Using his clan's ability to interact and use the power of souls and their own spirit, Chronus learned to "forge" items made of souls and spirits. In part with his imagination, he acquires a spirit/soul and "imagines" it into the desired form. Simple weapons cost the least to form, while more complex creations cost a higher amount. Items like armor, or even abilities have effects on the enemy soul itself are higher-costing abilities with equally higher risks. Larger constructs  (i.e large-scale defenses like giant shields)also require more effort and more siphoning of spiritual energy to maintain.

*(This is the base technique that is the skeleton for specific Soulsmith techniques. Items cannot be created with this alone, this technique is however required to utilize Soulsmith techniques ICly and OOCly. With this technique, Soulsmith techniques cannot exceed B-Rank)

Weakness: *varies upon technique*

Name: Soulsmith: Specter Sword (魂鍛冶屋・妖怪の剣, Tamashī Kajiya: Yōkai no Ken)
Type: Ninjutsu, Fighting Style, Kenjutsu
Used For: Offensive
Range: Three feet max
Duration: D-Rank upkeep (E-Rank upkeep with an existing weapon)
Hand Seals/Charge up: One post charge + Ram (if creating a weapon)
Description:

Chronus' Forge Tumblr_meyok8kBmp1rtjz1ko1_500

Chronus, once charging his chakra for a single post with the Ram seal, forms just before his sword hand a floating specter of what was once a samurai with a sword within its being. This blade has the sturdiness, durability and lethality of a katana. It is controlled with mimicked hand gestures with a limited range of three feet. It's effective as the user does not necessarily have to be as close to an opponent to fight them, reducing the chances of close combat by a significant amount.

Alternately, with an existing sword in hand, Chronus can concentrate his chakra into the item as a magnet of sort for a wandering spirit to be attracted to. The meandering spirit is forcibly fused with the sword, forming the same technique at a reduced cost

Weakness: It is unable to cut through and/or harm objects with chakra channeled through their beings (ie. Lightning Release Armor, Flying Swallow) and raw chakra (ie. Rotating Heaven). If extended past three feet the technique cancels automatically with a two post gap before it can be utilized again.

Last edited by Chronus on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:09 am; edited 3 times in total

3Chronus' Forge Empty Re: Chronus' Forge Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:52 am

Nira Sjane

Nira Sjane

Chronus wrote:
Chronus' Forge 73m2

Name: Soulsmith (魂鍛冶屋, Tamashī Kajiya)
Type: Ninjutsu, Fighting Style
Used For: *varies upon technique*
Range: *varies upon technique*
Duration: *varies upon technique*
Hand Seals/Charge up:  *varies upon technique*
Description: A signature technique of Chronus, born a Tamashī. Using his clan's ability to interact and use the power of souls and their own spirit, Chronus learned to "forge" items made of souls and spirits. In part with his imagination, he acquires a spirit/soul and "imagines" it into the desired form. Simple weapons cost the least to form, while more complex creations cost a higher amount

*(This is the base technique that is the skeleton for specific Soulsmith techniques. Items cannot be created with this alone, this technique is however required to utilize Soulsmith techniques ICly and OOCly. With this technique, Soulsmith techniques cannot exceed B-Rank)

Weakness: *varies upon technique*

Name: Soulsmith: Specter Sword (魂鍛冶屋・妖怪の剣, Tamashī Kajiya: Yōkai no Ken)
Type: Ninjutsu, Fighting Style, Kenjutsu
Used For: Offensive
Range: Three feet max
Duration: D-Rank upkeep (E-Rank upkeep with an existing weapon)
Hand Seals/Charge up: One post charge + Ram (if creating a weapon)
Description:

Chronus' Forge Tumblr_meyok8kBmp1rtjz1ko1_500

Chronus, once charging his chakra for a single post with the Ram seal, forms just before his sword hand a floating specter of what was once a samurai with a sword within its being. This blade has the sturdiness, durability and lethality of a katana. It is controlled with mimicked hand gestures with a limited range of three feet. It's effective as the user does not necessarily have to be as close to an opponent to fight them, reducing the chances of close combat by a significant amount.

Alternately, with an existing sword in hand, Chronus can concentrate his chakra into the item as a magnet of sort for a wandering spirit to be attracted to. The meandering spirit is forcibly fused with the sword, forming the same technique at a reduced cost

Weakness: It is unable to cut through and/or harm objects with chakra channeled through their beings (ie. Lightning Release Armor, Flying Swallow) and raw chakra (ie. Rotating Heaven). If extended past three feet the technique cancels automatically with a two post gap before it can be utilized again.
Please explain where the spirit comes from. How do you know if there are enough spirits in the area for use? and how many spirits do you need to use for this technique? Does the technique kill or consume the spirit? Do the spirits need to be human or are they the spirits of lesser animals? Does the jutsu fail if there are not enough souls around?

4Chronus' Forge Empty Re: Chronus' Forge Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:04 am

Chronus

Chronus
C-rank missing ninja
C-rank missing ninja

• It is a meandering spirit. Has no purpose but to roam about
  • My clan allows for the ability to sense souls. Click this link to see what Poncho has said for his concerns of souls and metagaming, if that ever becomes an issue
  • One spirit is used for this technique, the most I ever plan on using is two, since I plan on using these with weapons. Although I have the notion of more souls for higher techniques with the drawback of longer cooldowns and the like, but I'm sticking with what I stated at first.
  • The technique uses the spirit. If the user cancels it, the spirit wanders off for a bit. If broken by another technique, the spirit can't be used (making the technique in particular unusable for the rest of the thread)
  • Spirits vary. There is no real need for a difference between human and non-human NPC spirits. As spirits whatever differences they had when they were alive are useless, as they're all reduced to the same amount of spectral energy. The only thing it could amount to, as to the differences between human and non-human spirits are the aesthetic qualities of the techniques
  • Going on the prospect that I can use most of these techniques once per topic, exempting the C-Rank and lower ones since they do not require such a strain on souls/spirits as higher level techniques would

5Chronus' Forge Empty Re: Chronus' Forge Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:10 am

Nira Sjane

Nira Sjane

the thing is that canonly, theres an afterlife, and the god of death keeps them. So your jutsu's ability to separate spirits from the shinigami is kinda....yea. I'd personally ask that you only use non-human spirits, but that's just me. Or make it so that the utsu just siphons energy from the spirit, not using the spirit itself. Also is it possible for a spirit you run into to be strong enough to resist your jutsu? or worse, turn it on you and possess you? there's just alot that could go wrong.

6Chronus' Forge Empty Re: Chronus' Forge Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:19 am

Chronus

Chronus
C-rank missing ninja
C-rank missing ninja

• Non-human, that's fine.
  • With energy siphoning, am I allowed to use the techniques as freely as I would with, per-say, elemental Ninjutsu?
  • I mean, difficulty could be increased if the user is using a technique above their own rank, but then how would you work that logic out ICly?
  • The possession thing follows what I said above. I wont' lie, that sounds like something good for character development. I like it. I would like to suggest something to that, but I will await your response

7Chronus' Forge Empty Re: Chronus' Forge Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Nira Sjane

Nira Sjane

Chronus wrote:

• Non-human, that's fine.
  • With energy siphoning, am I allowed to use the techniques as freely as I would with, per-say, elemental Ninjutsu? You're the one basing it off souls, you'll likely have t make a system that decides how many of a jutsu you can get before the soul has no more energy for it. So...probably no
  • I mean, difficulty could be increased if the user is using a technique above their own rank, but then how would you work that logic out ICly? that's your job :D
  • The possession thing follows what I said above. I wont' lie, that sounds like something good for character development. I like it. I would like to suggest something to that, but I will await your response coolio

8Chronus' Forge Empty Re: Chronus' Forge Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:48 pm

Chronus

Chronus
C-rank missing ninja
C-rank missing ninja

List 1 | SoulSmith Technique Uses until Soul Exhaustion

• D-Rank: 10 Uses
  • C-Rank: 8 Uses
  • B-Rank: 6 Uses
  • A-Rank: 4 Uses
  • S-Rank: 2 Uses

List 2 | SoulSmith Technique Uses until Forced Possession

• D-Rank: N/A*
  • C-Rank: 4 Uses
  • B-Rank: 3 Uses
  • A-Rank: 2 Uses
  • S-Rank: 1 Use (S-Rank Shinobi have 3)

*D-Rank SoulSmith techniques (or any other soul-related abilities) siphon the least amount of spiritual energy from souls, and thus eliminate the threat of a Forced Possession

As to how the lists work.... If a Genin would have all 10 D-Rank ability uses to use in a thread before he/she causes Soul Exhaustion (eliminates the ability to use soul-related abilities until the end of the thread).

However, if a Genin were to use C-Ranked+ soul-related abilities, they follow the second list. Once a Genin attempts to use a C-Ranked ability a fifth time, that chakra is spent in initiating a Forced Possession. Going over the limit is termed Soul Exasperation

Chronus' Forge 73m2

Name: Forced Possession (憑かれ強制, Tsukare Kyōsei)
Type: Passive
Used For: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Duration: Varies
Hand Seals/Charge up: N/A
Description:

Chronus' Forge Tumblr_m07q5lkncf1qb4blxo1_500

The costly side-effect to the overuse of soul-related abilities. Once the user goes past their limit in usage of soul-related abilities, their own soul weakens. A malevolent spirit temporarily "replaces" the user's spirit, and for a certain amount of time the evil spirit rampages, attacking friend and foe alike. Forced Possessions induce a a feral, wild behavior. The user become quite dangerous, animal-like and behaves on pure instinct.

Soul Exasperation Duration

• C-Rank: 3
  • B-Rank: 4
  • A-Rank: 5
  • S-Rank: 6 (S-Rank shinobi has 8)

Weakness: Automatic Soul Exhaustion once the form ends. B-Rank Forced Possessions cause the user to not use soul-related abilities for the next two proceeding threads, as the soul adjusts itself back to its body. A-Rank is three threads, S-Rank is four. The body must heal naturally, also prompting the discontinue from battle that has the duration of the time the body recovers their ability to use souls. A user under Forced Possession cannot act on their own or give judgement, meaning the demon takes the full wheel.

9Chronus' Forge Empty Re: Chronus' Forge Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:23 am

Kamina

Kamina
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

need a better way to tell how much the costs are for soulsmith other than complexity of the weapon.

10Chronus' Forge Empty Re: Chronus' Forge Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:34 am

Chronus

Chronus
C-rank missing ninja
C-rank missing ninja

I believe I've done so now v__v

11Chronus' Forge Empty Re: Chronus' Forge Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:12 am

Kamina

Kamina
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Approved

12Chronus' Forge Empty Re: Chronus' Forge Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:40 am

Chronus

Chronus
C-rank missing ninja
C-rank missing ninja

Chronus' Forge 73m2

Name: Beckon (手招きする, Temaneki Suru)
Type: Ninjutsu
Range: One meter radius
Duration: Instant
Hand Seals/Charge up: One Post Charge
Description:

Chronus' Forge Bleach_____kenpachi_vs_ichigo__1st_fight__by_skullmuffins-d5mooxy

The user exerts their spiritual force into the area as a mean to exert a sense of heavy feeling and pressure onto nearby people, spiritually aware or not. Different people will have different colors of their corporeal spiritual force. This is solely used for intimidation, but other techniques can be branched from this.

Weakness: Doesn't give protection?

13Chronus' Forge Empty Re: Chronus' Forge Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:43 pm

Syndra

Syndra

Chronus wrote:
Chronus' Forge 73m2

Name: Beckon (手招きする, Temaneki Suru)
Type: Ninjutsu
Range: One meter radius
Duration: Instant
Hand Seals/Charge up: One Post Charge
Description:

Chronus' Forge Bleach_____kenpachi_vs_ichigo__1st_fight__by_skullmuffins-d5mooxy

The user exerts their spiritual force into the area as a mean to exert a sense of heavy feeling and pressure onto nearby people, spiritually aware or not. Different people will have different colors of their corporeal spiritual force. This is solely used for intimidation, but other techniques can be branched from this.

Weakness: Doesn't give protection?

I don't really see anything wrong with this, unless stated otherwise. I approve!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum