Paper Chimes

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Paper Chimes Empty Paper Chimes Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:36 am

Expression of Will

Expression of Will
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

The village moved around him, people flocking from one outdoor market to the next, shopping bags clutched strongly in their hands as they made more and more purchases. Having walked through some of the larger streets earlier in the day, the man had decided to take a minute to sit down, electing to take up temporary residence on a large park bench which overlooked, on one side, a lovely garden filled with a truly impressive amount of wind chimes and, on the other side, a large market street filled with the aforementioned people on their shopping excursions. Everything seemed, at least on the surface, quite peaceful, and the man had not stayed in the village long enough to think any other way.

He tilted his head a bit as his gaze swept over the street, over the people, over the salesmen and their wares, and up towards the buildings, low and looming over the street. The construction style seemed far removed than what he saw most of the time, the buildings with less rounded corners and the decorations consisting of many more adornments that he typically saw. The affect was nice, creating a lovely aesthetic and he found himself marveling over the intricacies of the tiny paper lanterns that seemed to dangle from every available surface. Everything, even the air, felt different, not exactly quaint, but certainly of a tighter nit. People looked as though they recognized each other on the streets.

The blue haired man sat a while longer, his eyes moving lazily from scene to scene, taking in all that they saw. Eventually he would need to look around some more and see some of the sights of the grand Village Hidden in the Sound, but for now he felt content to remain as he was. Perhaps he could find someone to point out the hidden gems of beauty that the common tourist tended to miss. A faint gurgling rang through his ears as the Ocean pointedly ignored him.

2Paper Chimes Empty Re: Paper Chimes Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:07 am

Talim

Talim
Otogakure Genin
Otogakure Genin

Talim skipped through the streets a bit more jauntily and exuberant than her previous rounds. Humming as the skip slowly turned the bend into a merry walk. Walking quite hastily Talim would hardly realize where she was going, luckily Mara was home, for the next thing she noticed was she was in the garden with chimes and and flowers, giddy with life and gorgeous to view even when passing by. If only mom and dad could see how beautiful Otogakure really is. A person could get lost in the wonders and graces of i- In her moment of observing the world around her she failed to pay attention to a dog that was crossing her path.

Her legs didn’t move that fast but the dog growled and yipped as she flopped over onto the ground bracing only enough to help guard her head from impact. The dog meanwhile barked unpleasantly from her failure of footwork and then sprinted off to find a place where people wouldn’t be tripping over him. The dog ran off toward the east from what she noticed and would take a turn around the tree and sit grouchily curling up for a nap. Talim however tumbled down freely her back take most of the fall and her hands clasping onto the back of her head to cushion it. She squished them slightly but they would only be sore for a few seconds as oppose to a cracked skull.

Laying on the ground she then would let out a reasonably loud, “Ow.” Followed shortly by, “Such a klutz how am I ever going to get better then genin if I can’t even watch where I’m going.” Helping herself up as a full body effort. her pointer fingers nail on her left hand had cracked minutely but enough to let out an exasperated sigh. “Guess I’m going to need to trim all of them now.”

3Paper Chimes Empty Re: Paper Chimes Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:11 am

Ryu Yamazaki

Ryu Yamazaki
Otogakure Chunin
Otogakure Chunin

As Ryu walked through the streets of Otogakure, he considered his fashion taste. It might have been weird, but it definitely attracted a bunch of girls. It was hot today, which was why he wasn't wearing his jacket. For his shirt, he wore a skin tight pink shirt with the Otogakure symbol on it that made you wonder how he was breathing and showed his perfectly chiseled abs. Flexing a bit, he layed a kiss on both of his massive muscles. It was true, he was a bit in love with himself, but if ya didn't love yourself you just weren't right.

"I think I might take a walk through the park today...it's certainly nice enough, and everyone seems to be so lively. I might even get a few training sessions in!"

Currently in the market district, it took him about five minutes to reach the park, where he almost fainted when he saw his bestie and his soon to be girlfriend.

Walking up to Talim a bit nervously, he seemed shy. When he wasn't dressed up, the Chuunin was just a normal guy, completely different from his dominating personality once he was playing a little dress up. He brought along some lunch since he expected to be outside all day, and with his appetite, it was much more then one person. He could probably spare a snack.

"U-Uh...Hi Talim. I made some food...I'm really good at doing that. If you want any, I can spare some...I got sweets, sandwiches, meat..."

He probably looked like a clown right now. Why was it so difficult to talk to girls he actually liked?

WC: 320

4Paper Chimes Empty Re: Paper Chimes Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:45 am

Expression of Will

Expression of Will
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

As the man sat and observed the village he saw a great many things, people milling about as usual, a tall, slender woman purchasing a set of cloths far too large for her, a couple men fawning over a group of younger girls, a couple shadier people in the darkness of alleyways and street corners vending god knew what. The village moved about him effortlessly, the people doing what they, presumably, always did. A young girl walked through his field of vision, strolling casually down the avenue as she went along. A small dog wandered into her direct path though the girl seemed not to notice, lost in her daydream or her thoughts or whatever else occupied her head, and she thus tripped herself up and fell backwards, the rear of her head impacting the ground audibly. The man shot up from his seated position, his body lifting up from the park bench only to stumble a bit in his haste, his hand moving around to grab the arm of the bench to steady himself.

Having risen from the small park bench the man made his way over to the fallen young girl, approaching her slowly and remaining in her field of vision as he did so, his hands held out in front of him, palms upturned and offering purchase for the palms of the poor girl. “Oh are you alright miss? I saw you fall, a nasty spill that, and it looked a bit painful. Would you like some help up?” As he spoke another arrived, a boy arrived dressed in a shirt far too tight for him, though at least fitting of the weather for today. The blue haired man thought to himself about his own attire, simple dark blue pants and a teal tank the same color of his hair, a white jacket of long sleeves covering the shirt. The day radiated heat just to the point of discomfort, but the man could deal with it. He looked on as the newcomer began talking to the fallen girl.

The boy offered the poor girl some of his food, listing off a short recount of what kinds of eats he would offer. How… strange a gesture that was. A pair of electric blue eyebrows shot up at this, the left moving farther up the man’s face than the left, the look of perplexed confusion fixing itself upon the handsome, angular face. Why would the boy not simply offer to help the girl up, or perhaps grab her an icepack or something of that nature? He seemed a bit nervous, shifting in slight quivers of bundled nerves and uncomfortable unsureness. Perhaps the thought had simply not occurred to him. His nervousness did little to calm the older man though, but for now he resolved to simply wait to see how the girl reacted. Would she accept his aid, or would she decide to remain laying upon the ground and take the food offered her?

495 | 826

5Paper Chimes Empty Re: Paper Chimes Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:58 pm

Talim

Talim
Otogakure Genin
Otogakure Genin

Talim would slowly recoil from her fall a bit disappointed in herself that she once again fell ill to her own powers. She was brushing off her kimono and skirt still lying against the serpent when a familiar voice showed up asking her whether she wanted a meal. She smiled shaking her hands that were a scuffed up from it but she would live. "No thanks I'm actually quite fine now but I'm sure I will need something to nibble later on in the day." She looked at the boy recognizing it was the same one that had been on her mission with Sensei Zanji. The awkward atmosphere between them was still enough to cause unsettling grumble in her stomach that would be mistaken for hunger. Then another man walked up to her and asked to help.

She waved her hands a bit and flexed her fingers to have Mara help push her against the ground, "No no I'm really fine." She wasn't a fan of conversation specifically when she was the center of attention. Talim much preferred sitting on the side lines and listening, because when everyone is looking at you that meant you were expected to talk and she wasn't great with formal or informal conversations. Just a few days ago with the kage she made herself look like ditzy fan girl which wasn't the first impression she was hoping for and now more men were talking with her. Curse of the lone outsider is what she blamed this upon. "Really I'm ok in both departments, I'm not all that hungry and I've been hurt worse in far klutzier falls.

6Paper Chimes Empty Re: Paper Chimes Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:58 am

Itome Hikaraku

Itome Hikaraku
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

Ryu played with his fingers, still rather nervous...and when she didn't accept his food, the Chuunin frowned. It seemed that Talim still believed him to be a creeper, which tore his heart into little Ryu pieces. Clenching his fists, tears almost beginning to flow out of his eyes, he turned around quickly so Talim wouldn't see, his voice quickly choking up.

"I-I'm sorry...but I just remembered I have a mission! Arigato Talim-Chan!"

Running back home so he wouldn't make more of a fool of himself, once Ryu got far enough he would be crying his brains out on a bench nearby, stuffing his face into his hands so he wouldn't make too much of a scene.. He had ruined his only chance at getting the girl he loved with his perverted antics, and now there was no turning back. He cursed his cross-dressing tendencies. It was just insane how insecure the girl made him feel...while he usually was nice, outgoing, and still a little shy and nervous, just her presence alone turned him into a nervous wreck. Once finished crying, he wiped of the tears from his face using his shirt, and began to eat some lunch, watching the man and Talim interact.

"At least today is pretty nice outside.."

WC:213

7Paper Chimes Empty Re: Paper Chimes Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:33 am

Expression of Will

Expression of Will
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

The girl rejected the blue haired man’s proffered extension of help and, with such a rejection, so too rejected his proffered hands, held towards her in a sign of good will as he offered to aid her in recovering from such an unfortunate spill. He retracted his arms slightly, backing up his body as he allowed the girl a bit of space, seeing as she allowed the big snake-like… thing to prop her back up. She looked to be mostly unharmed and so the older man shrugged slightly, more to himself than anything, as his smile broadened more than previously, his good-natured attitude spilling off of him for a bit.

As he watched this occur the young boy who had previously approached the girl and offered her some of his food was likewise turned down, the girl politely saying that she didn’t feel hungry as of right now. While this seemed perfectly reasonable to the blue haired man, the young boy seemed to have a different attitude towards the whole situation. He turned his back and paused for a moment before telling the girl that he was busy, had a mission no less, and needed to away. He moved, rapidly moving away from the pairing but, curiously, seemed to find a small bench to sit on. The man’s eyes averted at this point, he remaining curious as to what the boy could possibly be doing but ultimately deciding that prying into his life would most certainly be imprudent.

His eyes returning to the now righted posture of the girl before him, the man’s smile would return once more in full force, it having slipped momentarily from his face as the young boy fled, his mouth having retained only a small sliver of the mirth from before. He met eyes with the girl, the corners of his face crinkling slightly with the somewhat lopsided grin he held. He spoke, his voice light and even keeled. “Well I’m glad to see you’re alright.” He extended his right hand a bit slowly, fingers pointed outward towards the girl. “I don’t think I caught your name though. I’m Akiudo. It’s a pleasure to meet you!” A bubbling sound filled his ears for the slightest of moments as he held his smiling gaze.

378 | 1204

8Paper Chimes Empty Re: Paper Chimes Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Talim

Talim
Otogakure Genin
Otogakure Genin

Talim was about to comment on the one named Ryu but then he went scampering off in a hurry with the note that he had some mission. Surprised by his hasty escape Talim blinked watching as he ran away till finally she was alone again with the stranger before her rather surprised by his size as a whole Pushed back from the cobra Talim smiled as she realized he stepped back to give her some more space. Properly prepared for introductions and out of the fear of falling over embarrassingly she waved still controlling Mara as its head shook back in forth as if it too was trying to wave in a freakish way. Eyes scanning over his body she had to admit he seemed quite fit but she wasn't particularly interested in this type of man although if he had a good personality she could think on counting him as a friend which would be interesting.

She was particularly intrigued by his hair color as she knew a few people had blue hair but it was a rather random traits. Pushing it aside she would then ponder what to think or say next. "Um are you new around here? Just thought I would ask as I moved here not to long ago and although I'm rather new I haven't seen you around much on my daily rounds so. And it' nice to meet you Akiudo. I'm Talim." As she spoke she wouldn't have noticed the boy still snooping about from his hiding space but instead would focus on the one before her.

9Paper Chimes Empty Re: Paper Chimes Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:43 am

Expression of Will

Expression of Will
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

OOC:

The boy had long since fled, vanishing around a corner in his absurd haste. Odd that he would have offered the girl food and then, almost immediately after this, fled, having remembered some sort of mission that he needed to partake in. A loss for sure, the man having desired to converse with him, if only for a short while, but a loss that one could do nothing about. Still, the young woman had not fled, had introduced herself, had decided indulge the blue haired man’s want of some conversation. She questioned whether or not the man was new, she having never seen him around before, and new he most certainly was.

His hand moved behind his head, scratching lightly at the back of his hair and his smile persisted, a slight bit of nerves obvious on his face and in his actions. “I… uh… yeah actually, I just got her earlier this morning. Is it that obvious?” His face fell almost imperceptibly for a moment, his demeanor slightly crestfallen before he picked himself up once more, the teeth of his smile returning in their friendly intensity. “I guess I probably seem a bit out of place don’t I?” A mild chuckled escaped his lips. “I’ve been trying to get acquainted to the general layout of the village as of late, but I haven’t had a great deal of luck.” He paused for a second, a mild paus of frustration before continuing. It’s nice to meet you as well though Talim!”

251 | 1455

10Paper Chimes Empty Re: Paper Chimes Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:55 am

Talim

Talim
Otogakure Genin
Otogakure Genin

Otagakure was still in it's prime as she had seen it ripe and exotic coaxing many strangers and new comers to come about. This helped lend to the idea that the man before her was in fact an outsider who may in fact be on leave for business or possibly even seeking refuge with the confides of the city, the park being one of the most luxurious places to have chosen. Her eyes examined the man watching his movements as she placed Mara's head now above her own staring down as they both put on an intrigued look. She was hoping to get a little practice in even subconsciously hoping that slowly she and the puppet would seem to be one. She tilted her own head sideways as Mara tilted in the opposite.

"Afraid so," she giggled. "Although to make you feel better I don't actually belong her myself. Well I mean I do but I'm a sorta the towns ugly step sister when it comes to relations. I actually grew up in Sunagakure where most of my family still lives. I moved here to hopefully learn my wears and become a proud Anbu some day under the Daiyn-no-mo-jo?" She fumbled forgetting the name of their leader providing even more proof that she hadn't quite fully adjusted to the new lands. Chuckling a bit insecurely she felt bad she couldn't even remember the name properly despite the fact she had met with Junpei a few weeks prior to this. "People around here probably wouldn't recognize ya either but wouldn't bother to mention it. Anyway it is nice meeting you ... uggh." She stopped once again allowing her lack of recognition to fail her. "What did you say your name was again?" The same awkward chuckle accompanied it as she rubbed her hand behind her head in embarrassment.

11Paper Chimes Empty Re: Paper Chimes Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:17 am

Expression of Will

Expression of Will
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

As the girl with whom he spoke responded to some of his questions the man would watch her, nodding in appropriate places so as to ensure that she knew her words to be heard. He saw as the large snake creature behind her moved as she did, seeming to, in some ways, mirror her motions while mimicking perfectly her body at other times. The thing looked strange and more than a bit offsetting but the man feared not as the girl, at least for the time being, behaved amiably enough. He felt, more or less, confident that she met him with no ill will as of now.

Her words intrigued him though as she spoke more of the village, of her history with it, of her aspirations, and, of course, of the leader of the place. He listened as she finished by asking for his name once more. He smiled his response. “Oh it’s no problem at all. I’m Akiudo. And you must mean the daimyo, right? I’ve never actually met the man myself, though I’ve heard some rather great things about him. Have you met him by chance?” His eyes flicker upwards towards the girl’s snake beast once more. “Um… I was meaning to ask. What is that large snake thing you have?” He’d grin to her as he asked the final question, curious as to why it followed her about in such a docile manner.

237 | 1692

12Paper Chimes Empty Re: Paper Chimes Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:42 am

Talim

Talim
Otogakure Genin
Otogakure Genin

Talim smiled recognizing the smiles and nods he would offer in listening to her questions. The snake’s mouth would now hang open as she wiggled her pinky. She then smiled with the cobra’s frill expanding in menacing manner despite the fact that Talim wasn’t trying anything against will she merely was still practising with her puppet but he could have misinterpreted it. She then would stop to let him offer his own retorts upon her words.

“Yes of course siilly me daimyo. that is rather embarrassing that an outsider remembers it better then me.” She scratched her head sighing a bit pathetically the serpent would stay up above her head just glaring down with it’s frills out stretched as if displeased with her acquaintance. “Akiudo, sorry if I keep asking you it’s just because I’m a bit I don’t scatter brained I guess is the best word.” As for the meeting with jun she was all to honest in answering even to a stranger. “Oh yes I met if myself he took me out for tea and was offering to assist me in my payments on my place. I couldn’t accept his offer though. As for this Mara is my puppet, named for … well a friend.”

13Paper Chimes Empty Re: Paper Chimes Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:36 am

Expression of Will

Expression of Will
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

The girl’s words most certainly intrigued the man as she spoke both about the legendary ruler of this village and her puppet, a snake being named “Mara” as it were. While he knew a bit about puppetry and the practitioners of the art from reading and research, he had never met nor fought one himself. It seemed the art, if not exactly dying, was not on the rise, it artists few and quite far between. Interesting then that this kind girl would have chosen such a unique and rather unorthodox method of fighting. Perhaps such a style had proliferated throughout the village at the new change of ruler, or perhaps this girl was simply one of the few puppet users scattered haphazardly around the known ninja world.

Her words pertaining to the ruler of the nation caught the man’s attention a bit more strongly though, especially in light of his previous admission of having never met the man himself. More often than not the might and moral of a village could be judged quite accurately by the fortitude and decisions of its ruler. I appeared that the girl held a great respect for this ruler of the Sound Village, she indicating that the man in question had shown her a great kindness, perhaps even in a time of need. Interesting, to say the very least. His smile persisted as he listened his partner converse, though the intensity faded to that of simple intrigue.

“I see I see. That’s very good to hear. I’ve heard from a few other people with whom I have spoken that the Daimyo is a great and kind man, but it’s ever so reassuring to hear it from you as well.” His beaming smile returned in its full intensity as he replied, a sign of his good will and genuine pleasure at hearing the girl’s confirmation. ”Junpei-sama I believe, right? It seems I myself am a bit scatterbrained as well.” A light chuckle accompanied this admission. “And how very interesting! I’ve never met a puppet master before, though I have heard a small bit about them. Truly the books do no justice to craftsmanship of these constructs. She looks a mighty fine beast this Mara of yours.” He nodded his head towards the large puppet snake, his eyes widening slightly with wonder as he fully took in her form.

As the two chatted the day lengthened, the sun falling ever so slowly towards the far horizon, heralding the end of the day and his brightly lit, frantic festivities. The blue haired man, engrossed so deeply and completely in this pleasant exchange had, so it would seem, completely lost track of time, the day escaping the pairing as they chatted idly. He looked up, rearing his head towards the setting sun before returning his gaze to the girl before him. “Oh my, it seems that they day has almost entirely escaped us and I have rudely kept you far too long. Thank you ever so much speaking with me though Talim-kun. I should let you go and get back to the rest of your day, but I sincerely hope that we can meet up once again soon!” His smile affixed the whole time, the man would bow to his newfound friend slightly, gesturing his appreciation of her time before waiting to hear her possible farewell.

558 | 2250

Exit(?)

14Paper Chimes Empty Re: Paper Chimes Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:01 am

Talim

Talim
Otogakure Genin
Otogakure Genin

As Talim finished talking about her puppet and the Daiymo she blinked realizing she had droned on for quite a while without letting the man make any interjections. "Sorry, I can be a bit of a blabber mouth." She chuckled on hand reaching up to rub her head growing a bit flush. "Anyway it was nice to meet you. Staying in Otogakure for long?" She would now take some time to scan her acquaintance, not skilled in any real aspects of a ninja it made it quite hard for her to figure out where he came from without being told. Listening intently she wouldn't hide it but her eyes would glaze over him from top to bottom. Yeah I don't have anything, this is gonna be a long journey if I ever hope to be an anbu. She thought to herself.

Her words pertaining to the ruler of the nation caught the man’s attention a bit more strongly though, especially in light of his previous admission of having never met the man himself. More often than not the might and moral of a village could be judged quite accurately by the fortitude and decisions of its ruler. I appeared that the girl held a great respect for this ruler of the Sound Village, she indicating that the man in question had shown her a great kindness, perhaps even in a time of need. Interesting, to say the very least. His smile persisted as he listened his partner converse, though the intensity faded to that of simple intrigue.

Ears perking up as she mentioned how kind the young man which was their leader. She felt rather flattered on his behalf that such news of a growing little village was reaching out in the world. "I'm sure he would be pleased to hear that he has been gaining such a reputation. I would agree with basically everything you just said. And yes his name is Juni-chan-Junpei." She corrected herself trying to not to seem to casual about her leader. As he mentioned the fact that he to was scatter brained she would smile her eyes squinting shut with delight. "Oh yes she is helped create her with my father and a friend. Was quite hard even harder to use. Anyway it was nice meeting you mister." She waved before hopping off the serpent springing to life. "Oh yeah and don't be a stranger to Oto! It would be wonderful meeting with you again!" She smiled before skipping back off into the city.
[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]