All other rights go to Naruto© Creator: Masashi Kishimoto

You are not connected. Please login or register

In hot water. How about some tea? Flash back

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Alder

Alder
Konoha Anbu
Konoha Anbu

Over ten years ago. Calico and Alder are at the dad are traveling.
I’m telling your better at this than you think.  You we will surely learn that jutsu before I did you have twice more of what it takes.  Not to mentions a smart, handsome teacher.
Moms going to be taking over training does she even know this jutsu?
You smart watch it or I’ll seal you away in a fish! I’ll bet you would learn the move then. This is one of our clans greatest techniques.  It is a seal of the highest quality and one of the ones that was prized by our clan.  Not everyone got the opportunity to learn this one.  While its not quite the Reaper death seal you’ll manage to seal away anything smaller than an ocean of chakara and you get to keep your life.
“I am not as good you.”
“Don’t talk like that. Now listen up.  When utilizing the Four elements seal you have to keep in mind that it has many purposes so well ahead you want to know what exactly you tend to do with it as well as placement. If you seal the target within the person they are able to see them within their own consciousness.   The key to removal of the seal lies in the key.”  Pausing he waits for his son to laugh but he knows his son takes training way to seriously. And sure enough Alder is eagerly paying attention.  There was no need for him to take notes Alder would remember everything.  Taking out large scroll he hands it to Alder. Who takes it and opens it on the ground sitting cross legged he takes out ink and a brush.  Alder was old school about he did things and believed in the fundamentals.  Before he could imprint his will and imprint the seals key with his chakara he would have to able to write it down correctly.  Dipping the brush he began delicately writing as if the words and formulas were are but he did so with great speed yet not a drop of ink dripped out of place.  Calico watched his work there was great precision in work. Finally Alder stopped.
Exhaling deeply he was both satisfied that he had learned something and frustrated with himself cause he didn’t realize sooner. “It’s not going work.  Using this would be like me trying to pick your lock.  I might get in but I could damage what is inside or the lock.  If I should get in it would be once then the seal is damaged.  That is why it’s important to for the caster to create the lock and key.  While the Four symbol seal will appear the same it won’t actually be.”
“So what’s next how will you create your lock, and force the target into it?”  This question was more so for Alder to think it didn’t not need to be answered by words just results.  Walking away Calico waved to his suns back wants Alder started on a puzzle there was not interrupting him.  Having done all he could without providing the answers which was truly not helping Calico went catch some seafood for lunch/dinner.
Meditating with plenty of ink and scrolls he pictured the process end his mind. How one determines the moment when to activate the seal, why seals are placed in specific places, limitations, and how this seal was yet different from others.  Standing up he walks away, leaving his tools on the ground.   I need to collect some things to seal.  Rocks won’t give me enough feedback and I don’t want accidently kill or seal away a living animal and not be able to recover it. Going to the campsite his father had set up he took a pale of water that was going to be used to boil. Bringing it back to where he had left his tools he went out again to get some plants.  Alder was careful so that he extracted the plants by the roots so that they would still be alive.  The water and plants were different enough that it would provide enough feedback on how his sealing efforts were going.   Repeatedly Alder weaved the signs and wrote out the sealing formula channeling chakra through it. He tried to seal the water inside the bucket with no success.  This process would repeat long after lunch Alder had grew exhausted from spending up the incredible amounts of chakra it took to utilize the Four Symbol Seal even if was failing.  As he passed out just after having completed the last hand sign to his jutsu one of the formula seals he had written glowed and the water level shrunk a bit.  But Alder didn’t see it was asleep and would have stayed like that for the rest of the day had it not been for his father.
A frustrated Calico comes up seeing his son sleeping picks up the bucket and dumps the water on son.  “If you want sleep then sleep, but don’t take my things and leave me looking for them!  Now replace that water, you waited, and eat.  I don’t want your mum to say I let you wither away.”
Getting up slowly his chakra was still low and he was just noticing how much his wrist hurt from writing. Now he would have carry a bucket of water. Taking the bucket there was since complain about it he had been sealed away before punishment before, as a child.  But now that he was an adult his father would most likely leave him there without, the key until he figured out to get himself out how to get himself out.
Then next morning this time after eating and preparing food for his father he started to head back to training.  Looking at the bucket it was different somehow than the night before.  Some of the ink had rub off thanks to the morning dew but one remained completely intact.  Leaving a bowl of clean water for his father he snuck off with the bucket first collecting things that had been left over from where he passed out he quickly took them and moved to a new location further away so that if father weren’t satisfied with the bowel than he would have to find Alder.
Studying the bucket he washed away what remained of the old the smudged seals. “Something is sealed inside here, but what?  I have all my materials and even the plants were still there this morning.  The water was my objective but father dumped that on me.”   Coming to the conclusion that he would have to have to unseal it to find out he worked on creating a key to unlock the seal.  Alder wrote and paused to feel and observe the seal and would continue writing.  Several time he would try and use the key to unlock to no avail.
Calico had woke up not long after Alder had left smelling the food and the dwindling fire had aroused his belly and he made a plate for himself.  When came time to make his he saw the bowel of water but not the bucket. Putting his finger in the water he scowled.  “That damn kid! This time I’ll seal him away for good!  That will teach him to mess with me.”  Now Alder was still young but he was technically an adult so it wasn’t child abuse.  The Uzumaki had always done things differently not that their village was still around  let alone their government.  Who would find Alder out here, sealed away?  Running Calico went to Alders training spot but before he go there he noticed Alder was already gone.  He couldn’t help but smile.  Calico was pretty smart himself he thought of the plants that Alder had gotten knowing the area well almost as well as his son he knew that Alder would not go back to where he had been before.  And since he was training he would be spending chakra.  The play would be to go back and eat and give him time to waist up the chakra.  After finishing his meal Calico went off in search of his son.
Alder had still not managed to unseal the bucket.  Wanting to look at the problem from a fresh perspective he decided to try and seal the plants to recreate the events that lead to his previous success.
This is it Son get a good look cause I’ll be old before you get out of this one! Your tired I have you beat.  I may not be a ninja but with chakra as low as yours I don’t need to be. Weaving signs that had been burn into Alders mind, he stood and put all his strength into stopping his father.  Running would be meaningless Calico wasn’t tired and would soon catch up to him.  If you want my bucket so bad that you would leave your precious handsome pappy without his morning tea, then spend your life with it. Placing his seal at the bottom of the bucket the jutsu was complete.  Not only taking in Alder but the objects he had been working with.  Laughing hysterically his father took the bucket to make some tea. Having deep faith in his son he knew that by the time the water boiled his son would be out to share in a cup.  It may be cruel to some but it was the Uzumaki way.
Stirring up the embers added some wood and makeshift platform to hold the bucket and water.  Inside the sealed space a small island was the world Alder had been trapped in.  On all sides of him was water that was the prison keeping him locked in.  The water seemed to go without end it was too far to swim or walk without exhausting chakra; not that he had much right now.  And even more dangerous the unknown variable of what likely awaited in the water.  on the island his tools had been sealed.  Even now his pappy was testing him.  “What is it that I know?  Why is this the world? I was sealed into a bucket which has no consciousness so this was created by me or Dad.”  What I sealed should be here to right?   Breathing in deeply and exhaling Alder repeated this looking quizzically?  It didn’t smell right.  It didn’t smell like ocean.  Even here shouldn’t the smell remain the same?  Walking down to the edge of the beach Alder tossed some sand into the water.  Then attempted to smell it finally he scooped the water into hands.  This wasn’t salt water it was fresh.  He had sealed fresh water! But it had not been much.  Maybe he could walk out. Taking a step out with the intent of testing the depth he felt the air change.  It was getting hotter more humid steam arose from the water’s surface and bubbles began to arise.  Running back up the beach he could see the water bubbling all around.  Rushing towards the large scroll Alder was gathering chakra he had to force the lock with the make ship key was working on earlier.  To his surprise when touched the scroll it lit up its print transferring along Alders for arm and hand. The heat of the room caused an draft of air that circled air around the island revealing the uzumaki clan symbol, that was the lock.  Having all the pieces Alder put the last one together.  The lock and key were unique cause it was the chakra that formed them and made them usable one could not just copy down what they saw it was also about chakra and will.
“Welcome back it took you long enough.” Calico’s back was turned to his son he was pouring water into to cups with loose tea leaves.  When he turned to present the cups he had aged twenty years. Alder was not normally caught off guard but he was for moment this time. Smiling touched his father’s shoulder and released his transformation jutsu taking his cup he said “I made it just in time.”  Laughing an old man laugh not quite his he only nodded and drank from his cup.

Word count 2,047

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum