Expression of Will

Expression of Will
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

A bit of help, a bit of confusion [Staff help please] Aiv4

Topic Link: This I guess?
Village/Area: N/A
How much members do you want: Also N/A
Type of Rp: None, I just want some help.

So I’m a little confused, and this is likely the wrong place to post this so I apologize in advance. However, I don’t think I fully understand the rational/practical application behind the genjutus rules and ruling in the general rules section linked above. While I don’t think it makes total sense that a genjutsu automatically ends your turn, I’m more concerned with the idea that, before an attack is made, the genjutsu must be ended. Why?

I understand that some abilities that trap the target fully in a false world shouldn’t allow you to just freely attack them without the target’s option to react, but most abilities that do this do no (and should never) allow the user to move while using them. Basically, once you cast Tsukuyomi, you aren’t moving until you finish the technique. All right, understood, makes sense, gotcha. However, why is it that other illusionary techniques, ones that may only affect perceptions or do other, more subtle things, must be broken before you can do anything else?

In relation to this, how on earth is a person supposed to layer multiple genjutsu on top of one another? The Combat Abilities thread makes is plainly clear that this is possible, but should someone just layer them one post at a time while doing nothing else? This also ties into my other point about genjutsu needed to be broken before you initiate an attack. So… does that count for using other genjutsu? Like, if I cast a secondary genjutsu, do I need to break the first one? And if so… how do I layer them again?

I just don’t get the rationale behind this. Genjutsu are already one of the hardest things to pull off, why make them that much more difficult?

Kid Koopa

Kid Koopa
Kumo Genin
Kumo Genin

Sato's crazy rules, but yeah that makes Genjutsu a pain to use. Maybe Genjutsu that send people into other 'realms' should keep that rule, but the ones that only create illusions in reality should be treated as Ninjutsu, if that makes sense.

Expression of Will

Expression of Will
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Very much so, and I’m totally in agreement with that sentiment. Like I said, things like Tsukuyomi, or like some of my custom A ranks, or like many of Neru’s techs (not to pick on her or anything), craft entire realities in which to trap the target and, at least I don’t believe, the purpose of these techniques is not to paralyze the target for easily kills.

That being said, is this stuff like… set in stone? And if so… can I rework my character to not be so reliant on genjutsu?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum