Expression of Will
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Ghost Blades 4fsc

Name: Yudedako
Type: Katars
Appearance: Something like this:
Spoiler:
A pair of elegantly crafted and curved katars, these twin blades have rather simplistic, though comfortable, handholds. From these crossbars sprout a large, bladed curve of metal which extends downward toward the wrist for six inches and outwards, encircling the hand. From this arch rise three blades, each quite close together, with the outer two appearing a natural extension of the arch of metal while the central blade extends a few inches farther than the outer two. In total, the blades extend for one foot past the fist which clenches the handle. Aside from the weaponized portions of the object, there rests a kind of scaled, gauntlet-esque casing above the handle, serving as useful protection for the user’s hand and wrist.

In fighting, the twin blades not only provide excellent slicing power when swung about, easily capable of tearing flesh to shreds, but have astounding piercing and penetrative powers when thrust forcefully at a target. Aside from this, the trident-like design of the blades ensures that, should an opponent be pierced by a thrusting motion, any medic would find stitching up the three individual wounds a feat unto itself, considering their close proximity. Finally, the material from which the blades and guard are crafted prove astoundingly resilient to breaking and provide excellent protection from incoming assaults.
Special Abilities: Crafted in the interest of supplementing Kirite’s role as an assassin of the village, these weapons are alleged to pierce any defense and endlessly seek out their mark. Through an array of seals and the implementation of highly chakra receptive materials and metals, the blades can, temporarily, assume certain properties of Kirite’s signature storm release. In particular, this allows the blades to briefly become more like storm chakra than metal, allows them to flow through incoming attacks or obstructing defenses before ‘reforming,’ all the while under the control of Kirite. Among other things, this allows the blades to flow through armors, effectively worming through them like a liquid, in order to strike at the underlying flesh. Unfortunately, such an ability is not to be used in rapid succession lest the weapons lose their structural integrity and fall apart [1 post cooldown per blade. Requires B rank chakra expenditure. Counts as ninjutsu].
Origin: Upon entering into the hallowed ranks of the ANBU, Kirite was entitle to a free katana of his choosing. However, as a younger ninja he had devoted long hours in his mastery over a closer fighting style which utilized katars and, as such, requested for a pair of these to be created for him in place of the more traditional weapon. An old blacksmith, under whom Kirite had trained long ago, heard of this and agreed to create the weapons, though she demanded that she be free to add any design alterations that she deemed necessary. In possession of knowledge pertaining to both Kirite’s fighting style and blood limit, the old woman imbued them with the aforementioned ability to respond to the owner’s chakra and strike at the heart of his mark.
Materials used: Titanium alloy; chakra receptive metal; leather
Total Price: Free as weapon adept (?)

2Ghost Blades Empty Re: Ghost Blades Tue May 27, 2014 5:13 am

Vince

Vince
Kumo Anbu
Kumo Anbu

You are given: 20 free Shuriken and Kunai (or Senbon), 10 Free smoke bombs (or 5 meter ninja wire) and bomb tags, and 1 long length katana.(1 rank above you.)

To what I can see, this is a dagger, not a 1 long length katana.

3Ghost Blades Empty Re: Ghost Blades Tue May 27, 2014 5:16 am

Expression of Will

Expression of Will
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Yes, they are essentially daggers. I was, and continue to be, unclear as to whether I can substitute them? Or if I can substitute different weapons for them? Hence the "?" in the price. So... is that ok? Or not so much?

Thank you!

Edit: if not, do you have price suggestions for me? I'm not very good at pricing things. DX

Thank again.

4Ghost Blades Empty Re: Ghost Blades Tue May 27, 2014 5:47 am

Vince

Vince
Kumo Anbu
Kumo Anbu

I'm not sure about substituting, but you may ask Poncho about it.
And if not, well, I checked the Weapon Shop / Material Information and a Custom A-Rank $2500.

5Ghost Blades Empty Re: Ghost Blades Tue May 27, 2014 5:49 am

Expression of Will

Expression of Will
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Pancho has just said in the c-box that substitutions are allowed. So... I think this is ok?

Other than that, does the description seem all right and such? Is it rank appropriate?

Thanks again and sorry if it seems like I have no idea what I'm doing.

6Ghost Blades Empty Re: Ghost Blades Tue May 27, 2014 5:55 am

Vince

Vince
Kumo Anbu
Kumo Anbu

Ghost Blades YNTTgCS

Ghost Blades 2417351922
- Vince

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum