Hoshigakure
Takigakure

Book One | Not so Different Pixel

Our button

All other rights go to Naruto© Creator: Masashi Kishimoto

You are not connected. Please login or register

Book One | Not so Different

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Book One | Not so Different Empty Book One | Not so Different Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:40 pm

Setōshi

Setōshi

Mission in Progress:

And just like that, he had overslept once again.

It wasn't a surprise at this point in his life, his adolescent years were meant to be exploited by staying up to the brink of dawn and waking with the sun setting. For the average person, being bombarded in the face by a passing school of krill would spark many questions and be strange to say the least, but Ōsharu knew this too well as his mother's attempts at waking him. Tired, annoyed, and sick of having dozens of antennae brushing gingerly across his face, he gripped the top part of a clam that resided on a table next to his bed and began flailing away, their tight-knit formation dispersing instantly to flee from harm before reforming a few feet away, the process of fleeing led the krill to head out of the door-less doorway. Peace at last. Finally he was alone once more, but this was short lived as the deafening sound of a pygmy sperm whale vocalizing out in the distance filled his room. Flopping over onto his stomach, Ōsharu dropped the clam and covered his head with a pillow to block out the noise, yet with no prevail. At this point he was wide awake and trying to go back to sleep was futile. First his mother with the krill and now his father with his "pet" whale, this day was proving to be the complete opposite of restful. Though what was a good shinobi if he or she were asleep? Allowing his body to float lifeless up from his bed toward the surface, he slipped out from under his blanket that bore the crest of the Kōkkai and proceeded to swim toward the "bathroom".

It was weird to call a place at the bottom of the sea a "bathroom" considering how every sea creature defecated in the same place where they ate, but who was anyone that didn't live their to judge? The sun reflecting off of the water's surface above provided just enough light to shimmer down to illuminate the "bathroom" so as to allow Ōsharu to commence his daily routing:

• Three (3) minutes of brushing his teeth
  • Three (3) minutes of removing his clothing and washing up with a bar of soap infused with sea salt. (Really good for the skin of Kōkkai members)
  • Three (3) minutes of practicing his royal speech in the mirror to ensure accuracy and authority.

To an outsider, watching him go through his daily routine would be an amazement because Ōsharu typically floated in every angle possible simply out of boredom. Swimming back to his bedroom, the outfit of the day plagued his mind. What to wear. What to wear. Since becoming royalty, items such as his favorite pair of pants with cuts at the knees were out the window because of his so called "image" that he had to uphold. Kirigakure's weather was hardly ever a problem because regardless of what it was like his body would need to warm itself up after breaching the surface simply because his clothes would be wet and would more than likely stay damp for the majority of the day depending on how thick the mist was on such a day. Nevertheless his usual attire would do the trick, he put on a pair of charcoal grey pants and a black top. Comfortability and ease of movement were guaranteed. His face dropped as he turned to look at his room before turning to leave out the door, a complete mess and definitely a pet peeve of his.

The pile of bowls that stacked in the corner of his room were the first to go, his appetite now a days was insatiable and proved as a testament to the nickname "Whale's Stomach" which he resented by the way. Various candy wrappers from the surface world that were trapped underneath the weight of rocks so as to not pollute the waters were next to get cleaned. All that was left was his bed, his most sentimental and prized possessions. Ōsharu took some pride in making his bed, more specifically spreading out his blanket which bore his clan's symbol. Just seeing it in full proved a passionate moment for him because without being born into such a clan he wouldn't be able to enjoy all of which he had accomplished up until this point.

The clam was truly last to get placed away because every morning Ōsharu would take a moment to reflect on the sea jewel that grew inside of it, it was intended for a special someone on a special day, but the life of a shinobi did not guarantee such an event would arise. Thus, he placed it on his bedside table and hoped to see it whenever it was that he'd make his return. In order to avoid a fight with his parents over his appearance and how it would disgrace the Kōkkai name, he used the ceiling-less bathroom to escape. Before this, he made sure to grab his water bottle and place it inside of his hip pouch, getting dehydrated wasn't such a good idea on the surface world. Giving one last look around his room to ensure he hadn't forgotten anything, Ōsharu made his ascent back to his village, Kirigakure no Sato.

Over the course of the year that he had spent at the bottom of the sea his legs and arms were his most valuable tools, the strength in each limb increasing beyond that of what was typical of most shinobi of  the same rank as him. His new found speed and agility proved quite useful in getting the genin to the surface of the water and eventually across the Great Naruto Bridge and into Kirigakure's village limits within a decent amount of time, making his client wait for him wouldn't be a good idea especially with his track record of notoriously not showing up on time. The further into the village he got the more dense the mist had become, obstructing his view for the most part, few pedestrians were lucky enough to escape being trampled over. Fortunately, his next few missions were based out of the academy and his current location wasn't too far from it.

A cloud of dust kicked up behind the genin as he came to a skidding halt just outside the main entrance of the Academy, Kirigakure's symbol rested at the top of the building. Gazing upon this building, which had a history of being the birthplace of monsters such as Zabuza Momochi and the Second Coming of the Demon, sent an icy chill trickling up from the base of his spine as he remembered his own time within its walls just a few short years ago. "I can't believe I agreed to these missions.. At this place of all places.. What was I thinking.." The boy's thoughts seemed to stream directly from his brain and out of his mouth as he reluctantly trekked into the building which housed some of the worst moments of his life, the thought of the rewards were to be his motivation for getting through the day.

Within the realms of the classroom nine or so students ran around playing a mock version of the roles of Shinobi, their wretched yells and screams driving the Jounin instructor to the point of placing himself in a desk in a corner, his fingers massaging his temples to keep himself occupied rather than giving in to the temptation of slaying the noisy brats. Obviously, there was no lesson plan set in place for the day because of the special guest that was supposed to have arrived already. The loud banging of the Academy doors being flung open and rebounding off the adjacent walls silenced and ceased all movement of those within the room. "Sit down.. & shut up.." Ōsharu commanded as he walked in and took his place at the front of the room, the children making sure to reach their seats, the instructor rising to his. "Ever on time Ōsharu?..." The instructor said out loud before clearing his throat. "Listen up class, today we have a special guest. Ōsharu, of the Kōkkai clan, and he's here to give today's lesson. I expect, well let me rephrase that, I'd advice you all to be on your best behavior!" The instructor wished the genin good luck as he patted him on the shoulder on his way out the door.

"Alrighty Boys and Girls, first up we will be covering hand seals. Can anybody tell me the number of basic hand seals-- His question interrupted by a boy leaning over to tell his friend something, the ultimate sign of disrespect toward a teacher. "--used in conjunction with jutsu? Anyone? Perhaps you little one" The boy being asked the question smirked as he leaned back in his chair while the other slunk deeper in his so as to avoid confrontation. "There are 12: Bird, Boar, Dog, Dragon, Ox, Tiger, Snake, Rat, Horse, Monkey, Hare and Ram. All of which derived from the zodiac..." The boy said in a matter of fact tone, all of his classmates looking at him in disbelief. An eye brow was raised by the genin at the boy, there was no question that he was brainy, but did he have the skill to back it up? "Correct, now a demonstration if you will." Ōsharu's voice seeming less and less amused with each word. The child shrugged his shoulders and sighed before pushing back in his chair and making his way to the front, his classmates following his every action, many began whispering to their neighbors more than likely about the situation at hand. Without being told to go ahead and start the child began, both pronouncing and demonstrating each sign with clarity and fluidity. Impressive for his age to say the least. "Very good. Now, what is your name?" Ōsharu asked as he placed his right hand on the boy's shoulder. "Tasori, of the Hozuki clan" He said while locking eyes with the genin, an overbearing sense of pride shown brightly in his eyes. With proper training he could definitely be a useful asset in Kirigakure's military force, but at the moment he was simply an annoying know it all brat.

"Mr. Hozuki here will be assisting me during the next lesson. Ninjutsu, and the three basic techniques: Kawamiri, Henge, and Bunshin..."
The pulled up a seat next to the academy student and gestured for him to proceed with displaying the techniques for his classmates. Tiger → Boar → Ox → Dog → Snake, each hand sign performed by the boy at a slow pace to ensure accuracy, before disappearing in a puff of smoke he smirked at Ōsharu. The children looked on in awe as a log replaced their classmate, their whispers returning shortly. The sound of a chair scooting back grabbed everyone's attention, the child walked down the flight of stairs leading from the back row. This display of the technique earned a slow unenthusiastic clap from the genin as he stood up once more. "Very good. Kawamiri is a very useful technique to fool one's enemy into believing their strike has landed, only to see that it was a ruse. Thus, giving you all an opening to attack. Next please." Before he could finish the boy had already made a duplicate of himself, both walked up to Ōsharu with an uninterested look on their faces.

Ōsharu rose from his chair and walked behind it to the chalkboard, his messy hand writing sprawling out the names of the two techniques displayed thus far. "Very good. Now, their are two characteristics that set a part the clone from the original" Upon completing his sentence he kicked the chair he had previously been sitting on toward on of the two boys, the original jumping clear out of the way while the clone stood still as the chair passed through it, all the while Ōsharu remained unphased and continued to write. The boy dusted himself off as he got up from the floor, an apparent hidden anger beginning to boil over in him, something this genin was all to familiar with and taking a note of. "Watch it! You could have hurt me!" A rude hand gesture was given toward the genin, but petty things like that did not phase him nowadays. "A regular clone is intangible, meaning objects with mass will pass right through them. In addition, these clones have no shadow which was why I was able to discern it from Mr. Hozuki. Now if you will, the final technique."

Dog → Boar → Ram, the last set of hand signs were weaved before a puff of smoke enveloped the child, upon clearing gasps were heard from the entire rest of the student body. Turning around to see what the problem was Ōsharu found himself face to face with a replica of himself, his hand clenched around the piece of chalk out of anger. His past experiences being brought forward in his mind, the sheer reminder of the events sent a chill down his spine, but the whispers from the children brought him from his daze. "Exceptional. But, the transformation technique is only full proof when the person using it pays attention to detail." Ōsharu said this as he turned the boy around and lifted up his shirt revealing his back, then after doing the same to himself, the difference being the seal which was not present on the copies. "Definitely a useful technique for espionage, but like I said. Attention to detail is everything and the difference between life & death." Tasori smacked the genin's hands away as he dispersed his technique and took on his natural form, Ōsharu locked eyes with the boys and could almost feel the hatred that was building up within the child. Something had to be done, he couldn't let him succumb to a path that he himself had already begun to trek. "I challenge you to a spar! I'm tired of you being here and teaching things that we already know! If I win you leave immediately! Go that!" His voice, although premature, held strong and unwavering, Ōsharu knew right away that he had no other choice but to accept. "& if I win? You scrub every inch of the academy classroom." The boy led the way toward the playground outside, his classmates quickly followed gossiping about who would be victorious, the genin could do nothing but silently laugh to himself as he exited behind them all.

The children accumulated into a circle with their luxurious leader at the epicenter, Ōsharu swam his way through the smallish crowd before standing opposite to the child. "Last chance to back out ya know." Before the sentence was finished the boy had already took off in a sprint toward the genin, his arm enlarged to some degree, a notable technique of the Hozuki clan. Definitely taking Ōsharu off guard with this technique, his arms provided minimal defense as he and the crowd of students moved back a foot or two. It would appear that he wasn't holding anything, thus the genin would need to turn things up a notch, a simple back hand spring over the crowd provided some distance between the two combatants. Before a thick mist rolling over the field shrouded everyone's vision the genin was seen performing the tiger hand seal, under concealment by the mist he placed his hands in the serpent position, thus effectively producing a clone composed of Salt. "Alright kid, let's see if you learned anything from today's lesson . . ."

Within the mist the young academy student searched for his opponent only to keep running into classmates, his anger steadily growing as he wanted all of this to end, but satisfaction came when he viewed a flash of blue running behind him. Upon cornering Ōsharu another appeared behind the boy, his face shown a slight confusion, but his eyes began scanning over the two. His actions being precisely what was expected after the lesson of the day, now the strike was awaited. Rather than striking first though the boy produced a clone composed of water from his being and proceeded to tackle both appearances of Ōsharu at once. Coincidentally, both clones struck each other and dispersed water and salt over the area, many of the surrounding kids screaming as they got soaked by water out of surprise. Tasori knew he had the original all to himself at this point, his assault was set, but upon contact Ōsharu held up a hand. A look of confusion overcame the academy student as he froze mid action. "I surrender.. You win.." The boy dropped his striking arm at the words spoken by the genin. "You've displayed the skills that would qualify any shinobi for the rank of Genin.. But.. You show a plethora of emotions, and that'll get you killed kid.. Work on getting that under control and I'll make sure to return to provide you with a real fight. No holding back. Agreed?" With these words said Ōsharu held out his hand to which the Tasori grabbed a hold of a shook, a nod sealed the deal between the two.

As the mist cleared the scene was revealed to the boy's classmates and their instructor, who had appeared sometime during the spar, a round of applause was given to the two combatants. "Well done Ōsharu , maybe once you pass the Chunin Exams you can come back and take my position. Heaven knows I'd be more than willing to accept a transfer, besides you do a hell of a job apparently." The instructor said as he ushered the children back inside the Academy building. "Ehh.. You keep your job mate, I think I'd rather take them after they have become Genin. A lot less stress and more permission to hurt them if they get out of hand!" They both shared a laugh before he dismissed himself from the present company, Ōsharu began his trek back home. Not only was he given the chance to teach something today, but he also was able to learn something about himself in the process and something of the future of Kirigakure's military force.

[ Exit Thread ]

Word Count Needed: 2,400
Word Count: 3028
Ryo Gained: 30

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum