1Part I: The Walk [Solo] Empty Part I: The Walk [Solo] Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:42 am

Rozu

Rozu
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Missions:

Jutsu:

Last edited by Rozu on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:11 am; edited 5 times in total

2Part I: The Walk [Solo] Empty Re: Part I: The Walk [Solo] Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:36 am

Rozu

Rozu
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Kou never realized the feeling a garden has someone. He had never thought to come up here before, but now he may have to start having new thoughts. These gardens breathe life. Though the garden was empty, though he couldn't imagine why, he felt surrounded. Opal camellias, pink snap roses, jade vine, flying man orchids, cat-tail dogwood, and... Fire lotuses? Kou could see Yamato religiously gazing over a batch of fire lotuses. Fire lotuses are one of, if not the, most common flower in the village and yet, Yamato seems fixated on them. Why? Kou would expect him to be fixated on one of the more exotic plants. You know, finding a new colour in a plant you didn't even know existed before, then standing wondering why you've never seen something like this. That's what Kou liked about plants, the discovery. But this old man had plenty of time to be fascinated by a fire lotuses. What could a fire lotus do to cause sure awe? Kou walked through the rainbow of plants to get to where Yamato was standing. The lot where the lotuses were planted was quite beautiful. It was a circular plot surrounded by a tiny white fence guarding the flowers from the invasive grey brick. In the center of the lot was a cherry blossom tree, whose pink flowers danced around sporadically, drooping in various poses. Surrounding the tree were the ever growing mysterious, fire lotuses. Before Kou could get a word out of his mouth, Yamato cut the silence. "You're a medical ninja, right?"

"Uhm, yes I am. How did-"

"I thought so. Here sit down, I have something to tell you."
The old man sits down in a crafted stone bench resting at the feet of the fire lotus plot. Kou obliges to the old man's request, excited and oddly anxious. It reminded Kou of events prior to the scoldings he got when he was little. "What you do is important, don't forget that." Yamato said looking straight at Kou.

Kou was taken back, almost offended by the statement. Of course his job was important, he knew that. Does this old man not think he appreciates his job? "I know it is." spoken sternly, clearly disgruntled but maintaining politeness.

"Good, your pride puts me at ease."
A soggy smirk poked out of the old man's face. "There's a story I want to tell, may I"

Kou quickly got over his emotions and replied "Of course!"

"A long... Long... Time ago." The words hung, drenched in melancholy. "There was a clan. The clan lived in a village of fire. The fire was the envy of others. People wanted the fire. People would damage themselves to protect the fire, and the clan would heal the people. People loved them and the clan loved the people. Love is what powered the clan, but love is what drove them away. People needed help; people always need help. The clan was there to help, help anyone!... Anyone does not come without a price. Eventually, people began to question the virtue of the clan. "Who do you go with!?" They would yell. They would yell... The clan left the village of fire. They wondered and wondered. Who do they go with? The elder said "We go with need." With that mantra in their souls, they found new lands and set themselves up to help all who needed it. No loyalty, just help, but that help was again sought after. It was not seen as help, it was seen as service. Currency corrupts even the selfless... The clan was engulfed, selflessness ripped. They were engulfed into a war. Fighting is all... Only one remained. He wondered like his clan once did. Hoping to find answers. He wondered for a long time, no answers. His body aging, he was tired. He found a village to rest. And his resting is almost over and new rest is about to begin."

Kou understood this man. Consciously, he knew the man was trying to speak in code, but the man couldn't be more clearer. "Don't say that! You've got plenty of time left!"

"That's kind, but no. The reason I asked you to come with me today is to show you something." He squeaked up from the bench and clapped his hands together. He turned around to face to flowers. A gust of wind flapped the long robes. His clapped hands slowly turned to a snake seal. Releasing the seal, 4 tiny blue flames emerged.

"Whoa! you're a ninja?"

"No. Just someone who helps." The old man stretched out his hands and the tiny blue flames spread to 4 dying flowers. "This technique looks destructive, but remember, everything has it's Yang." The blue flames began to pulse, bigger then smaller. "Fire is nothing more than energy, energy can destroy, yes, we've all seen that. But it can energy can also heal." The browning lotuses began to spring back to life. "The clan was called the Fire Lotus clan because of this. Fire lotuses, like everyone know have poisonous petals that paralyze the body. But they also have a special healing property, the leaves when dried and mushed into a powder, burn to the touch but can heal cuts and wounds. This technique that I'm going to show you is very similar." With one last pulse the flowers looked as good as new. "I need someone to pass these techniques onto, I've decided that that person is you, Kou."

Last edited by Rozu on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:08 am; edited 4 times in total

3Part I: The Walk [Solo] Empty Re: Part I: The Walk [Solo] Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:31 am

Rozu

Rozu
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

"Me? Why me? You don't even know me."

"I don't know much of anyone here, and I don't think I ever will. I do not want this technique to die! Even if my clan must die, its legacy will not, I will not allow it!... Once you get to be as old as me, you pick up on how people are. You are right for this jutsu, I can tell. Please, learn it."

Kou was more than happy to oblige. "Yeah, okay! Let's do this!"

Yamato seem overjoyed. "Excellent! Okay, Healing Fire is just like the name implies, fire that can heal. I know it sounds a bit crazy right now, but trust me. 'Energy is life.' Remember that" The old man gestured to Kou to follow him. They came to a plot of yellow dandelions, in a more abandoned area then the rest. "I bet the gardener wont mind of we practice here." Kou seemed confused at the old man's statement. The old man kneeled down and Kou followed. "Okay first thing's first. I need to confirm one thing. You have fire nature chakra, right?"

Kou had always hated the fact that he was born with the fire nature. Kou hated fire's destructive, gluttonous nature and always wished to have earth or water natured chakra. "Yes."

"Okay good. Then this should be no problem. I want you to brown this dandelion. Feed fire nature chakra until it is crisp."

Kou was excited to try out this new technique. He lightly touched the dandelion with his middle finger and closed his eyes. He tried to focus on his chakra. 'Okay, focus on the finger. Okay, now the chakra nature. Okay okay, now release...' He thought as he poured fire nature chakra into the dandelion. Almost instantly the plant burst into flames.

"Whoa whoa! Too much, too much!" The man yelled as he smacked the flower with his sleeve. "Focus less. Feel more."

'Feel more? What does that mean? Put less, maybe?' Kou tried putting in less chakra this time. Waiting and waiting but nothing seemed to be happening. 'A little more maybe?' That's when he felt it, the feeling Yamato was talking about. He knew it the second he felt it. It was warm, but not threatening, powerful, but controlled, playful but balanced and above all else, soothing. Kou opened his eyes to discover the plant had wilted away to dust.

The old man seemed shocked. His face covered in a marble pose. "That...Was perfect... Wow."

Kou was surprised too. He had never gotten a technique this fast before. Then again, he had never felt a technique before. This technique seemed right. It fit, like a tailored suit. Kou felt great, but couldn't help but wonder, why? Why did the old man teach him this? Why him? Why now? Why? "Excuse me sir, I really don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything, but what do you get for teaching me this? What should I do in return?"

His voice choked up bit. "It's been a long time before I had hope and an even longer time than it was needed. You give me hope, Kou. Hope for longevity. Hope for peace. That is what I get in return." Anyone could see that this man was emotional about the subject. "Anyway, now that you have clear mastered the most basic technique. I will teach you the next most basic technique." Those last word stumbled out like a messy closet.
The old man took one of his frail hand and placed it in between Kou and him. Then, rather quickly, his hands began to glow a faint orange-red. "This is what you must master next. Focus your chakra into a light layer around you hand."

Kou tried to feel for the technique again. 'Listen for the click' he repeat to himself. He focused his chakra into his hand. It was beginning to get easier to do so each time he tried now. Then slowly he began to add the fire nature to his chakra. The heat the nature exerted felt like a small flame in his hand. Then he tried releasing it. Out came that glow the old man had, but this time instead of an orange red it was more of an orange yellow. "That's you're colour I see. Heh, they used to say that you could tell a person's personality, by the colour of their fire chakra. I think that is bogus." He smiled at his thoughts. "Alright, now that you can do that, you can do any of the Healing Fire techniques. Increase the concentration of fire nature chakra and you have enough heat to cauterize a wound. Pass some of the chakra in your hand through a wound and pain can be relieved. It is all really how you use your ingenuity and imagination. Trust in that. Well, I have taught you what you need to know. Let us go back to the home. Ju will be mad at us if we're out too long."

"You still haven't shown me how to do those blue fire things from earlier." Said Kou, hoping to learn whatever he could from this man before it was too late.

"Ah yes, thank you for reminding me. This one is a little more advanced, but you seem to be a natural at this. First you must do the snake seal. The focus a decent amount of fire nature chakra to you palms. Then as you release the seal, fire will begin to appear. This is the most crucial part. Once you release the seal, you must quickly, condense the flames, increasing the heat. This is what turns the flames blue. Then, the rest is easy. You the move the flames over any chakra gate and it will stimulate chakra flow. To enhance the power of the jutsu, I put cups over them to direct the fire's energy to the body."

That was a lot for Kou to take in. 'Snake, fire chakra, release, flames, over gates, cupped.' "I think I got it, lemme give it a try." Kou got up from his crouched position and formed the snake seal. The man too got up from his crouched position, but it took him much longer. Kou focused, and readied his chakra for the release. As he released he could feel the flames escape, but as he looked between his hands, nothing was there.

"You forgot to condense, the flames disappear if not condensed."

Kou focused again focusing his chakra and remembering every step. Once he released, lo and behold, he got it, like a true natural. 4 blue flames danced in his arms. He could feel their energy; they wanted to help. He wanted to help.

Last edited by Rozu on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:08 am; edited 2 times in total

4Part I: The Walk [Solo] Empty Re: Part I: The Walk [Solo] Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:42 pm

Rozu

Rozu
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Kou and Yamato began their journey back. It was bittersweet, Kou liked the old man. He wishes they had more time together so that he could be a proper sensei. Time wasn't on their side this time. It was dark by the time they left the garden. The lovely orange hues of the sky clashing with the whirling yellows of the dessert. It was almost like their day in summary. 'A fitting end to a fitting day' cliched Kou's mind. It was though, today felt like a day that was suppose to happen. Fate's day. They were getting close now to the retirement home and Kou could sense that the man still had one last thing to say. "What is it, Yamato?"

"How did you-"

"You're not the only one who gets feelings." Kou smirked.

"I just wanted to say. The clan I was talking about. The land they founded. Could you visit it for me. It's in the northern Land of Fire, in a Sakura forest. I know it's not much to go on, but could you, please." The words felt dying.

"Of course. One day, I'll go. I'll bring you too." Kou smiled.

"Ah." Is all the old man could muster as he was shuffled away by nurses. Kou waited at the door, hoping something might happen. Maybe he would turn around and run away. 'I don't know.' As he turned away to leave the building, he could here the door open.

"You two had a good time I see." A feminine voice rang.

Kou turned around again, disappointed it wasn't Yamato. It was the girl from earlier. 'I think Yamato said her name is Ju.' "Yeah, he taught me new jutsu. He's a really great man. Look after him."

"Don't worry about that." Her voice like the setting sun. "Hey, if you learned new jutsu, I heard the Kazekage's giving out money to ninja show her what they've learned... Well see ya." As she stepped inside the building the moon began to shift into view. It was crescent tonight.

Kou arrived at the Kazekage's office. 'Hopefully not too late' he thought. The room was guarded by 2 ANBU, who wouldn't dare more from their position. He gave the door to her room 3 gentle knocks. A young woman answered. Kou explained to her that he had learned new techniques and the Kazekage was delighted. He demonstrated them for her and she paid him accordingly. Nothing too special about the encounter.

A week passed and Kou couldn't shake the old man from his mind. 'I should go check on him,' he thought and check on him he did. At, the retirement home, Ju wasn't at the door this time, a darker person stood guard. Her lips were black and her eyes too white. Her clothes were white as well, but to Kou they were the darkest clothes he'd ever seen. Kou asked to see Yamato and got nothing in return. So, he tried again and again, until he realized that she was just ignoring him. Kou walked inside in hopes to get answers. The lady at the desk told him that Yamato had passed a few days prior and wished to be cremated. He dying wish was to give his remains to Kou. Kou accepted them with heavy arms.

"I'll take you home one day, Yamato."

3279/2800

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum