Hoshigakure
Takigakure

Mission Spree[Solo][Mission] Pixel

Our button

All other rights go to Naruto© Creator: Masashi Kishimoto

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mission Spree[Solo][Mission]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mission Spree[Solo][Mission] Empty Mission Spree[Solo][Mission] Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:04 pm

Shinji Hyuuga

Shinji Hyuuga
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

Shinji of the Hyuuga clan was currently tasked with the mission of finding a cat, given to him by a pet owner named Ms. Takanawa. Exiting the mission office, his puppet strapped to his back and wrapped up nicely in bandanges, a brief smile appeared on his face. Shinji loved helping out the people of this village, and took great pride in knowing that even if these were small, minuscule missions, they were helping the village. It was that kind of feeling which kept him going after all the heartache he suffered.

"Hn..this cat could be anywhere, but this isn't the first time she's lost her cat. Ms. Takanawa was nice enough to offer some tips on where it likes to go, so I guess I should check there..hm. The cat seems to frequently go around the Uchiha district. Well..time to go check."

His eyes looked downwards, with a stone cold face full of hatred and sadness. No, he didn't hate his village..it was his home. It taught him how to be strong so he wouldn't be abused by those driven mad by the power they had, how to help the weak. He didn't think in his head most of the time because Shinji often talked to his puppet. But he learned that this habit gave him strange looks from civilians and even other shinobi. A bond with a puppet was something only puppeteers could understand, and Konoha had very few of them. So, he usually whispered to his puppet. Some might have though it'd be strange to see a 16 year old Genin, but honestly, it wasn't his fault. He kind of joined the academy at a late age due to his parents insisting on making him the perfect student. Although, he didn't come in that late.. only about 2-4 years.

"Mr. Fluffleskins, huh..a pure white cat. Good thing it doesn't blend in too much with its surroundings, or it'd be really difficult to find."

So, he ambled over to the Uchiha district. It wasn't like he was in a rush or anything. He had nothing to go home too. If he died in his apartment, he doubted no one would notice him go missing until the stench permeated the complex.It was okay though. He didn't expect to have high status instantly, like the Uchiha and Hyuuga foolishly thought.

After a few minutes of looking, Shinji found the cat near a garbage bin. He picked it up, the cat content with simply resting in his arms.

"...Let's get you back to your owner."

The mission had certainly taken less time then he thought, but the sun was beginning to set. Shinji figured he could get in one more mission before nightfall hit. Walking out of the Uchiha district, stroking the cat's soft, fluffy fur, he headed towards Ms. Takanawa's house. He only knew her location because she requested for the cat to be dropped off directly at her house instead of the Kage's Mansion. He would be getting his reward directly from her.

WC: 514
-------------------------------------------------

After dropping off the fluffy white cat, Shinji went back to the Administration Building in order to take his second mission. Now, he was waiting in line at the office waiting for his turn. The lines were long, as ninjas went in and out at all hours of the day. Fortunately for all Konoha shinobi, the office had an air conditioner due to the blistering heat Konoha usually had. Personally, Shinji would rather be hot then cold...the AC in here was just too powerful. Although, he figured after working longs days in the village picking weeds you wouldn't mind how cold it was. Finally, it was his turn to get his own mission. The Hyuuga would start off simple at first, so again he would take a D-rank mission. This time, it was finding a dog. Leaving the line and the office, he read more of the details inside of the file.

"Huh..Mr. Ryoko lost his bulldog...this is strange and I feel like this might be a bigger threat to Konoha then we've imagined. A massive number of pets all missing at once..?"

Narrowing his eyes with an even bigger frown then what's usually seen on his face, he figured the higher ups already thought of this.

"I suppose it couldn't hurt to bring this to there attention, right Hotaru? Sometimes when you're doing such important things, you might miss a small detail. This bulldog..his location is the ramen shop by our house. That's about a fifteen minute walk.."

While walking, he began thinking about how the future would be like..for his clan, himself, and his village. Although he wouldn't forgive his parents for the harm they caused him, that didn't mean he shouldn't care for his clan. He would beat the current leader, and drive his clan away from the prideful nature it held. Yes, it was a great honor to be one of the legendary doujutsu, but sometimes they let it get to there head...and the treatment of the branch members was simply unacceptable. He couldn't let it go on even a second longer once he obtained the sufficient power to defeat the clan leader.

After that, he stopped thinking about such serious things. He walked in total silence, both physically and mentally. Arriving at the ramen shop, Shinji found the bulldog after twenty minutes of searching. It would be far more difficult to contain then the cat, unfortunately. Grabbing a stick off of the floor, Shinji smacked it over the black bulldog's head, knocking him out instantly. Thia would certainly give him a chance to hone his lying skills, as he'd simply say the dog was asleep when he found him, and no permanent damage had been done so it wasn't a problem. Carrying the rather heavy dog with both of his hands, Shinji headed towards the office. After this, he would take a nice nap and do this whole routine over again. But he couldn't simply do missions over and over, that he knew. Shinji needed to start training his chakra control. The art of puppetry required the finest control if you wanted to become a master.

WC: 529

Shinji awoke from his small bed, rubbing his eyes. Today, he would be doing missions and training. The Hokage had given a rather simple mission, at least for a C-rank. All he required you to do was practice on your chakra control. So, that's what he'd be doing today. His room wasn't anything fancy, and neither was the whole apartment. It was a simple two bedroom, two bathroom kind of thing. He was content with it, though. The walls were all white, because since this apartment was pretty new, the Genin mever got around to painting it. But, since he planned on getting a house anyways, it just seemed a tad bit bothersome to have to repaint it white when he was moving out, so...the color was fine for now. Heading towards his closet, he put on his usual clothing and headed put into the village.

"Hm..Hotaru. When we get a squad, we should be nice too them. But should I tell them about my little mental problems?"

He fiddled with his fingers as he walked down the stairs. Yes, it was possible for him to go on a rampage during his missions, but Shinji believed he had more ccontrol then that.

"Well...you're right, Hotaru. I can't keep it a secret forever, but I want to get to know them better before I go and tell them about me. They could be another bully who just wants bring me down even further..I'm a bit tired of dealing with those kind of people, and would like a person I can confide in."

As he headed into the streets, he noticed it wasn't as hot and active as it usually was. Checking the time on his watch, it wasn't a surprise.

"7:30? Most people are probably preparing for work..."

The training fields weren't very far away from Shinji's house. He supposed it was about a half hours walk away. That time was cut in half if he used shortcuts. While it was nice to take in his surroundings every once in a while, every single minute of training counted. So, focusing chakra into his feet, he ran up one of the houses nearby, and started jumping his way towards the training fields.

"You're right Hotaru. While I may not have the highest chakra reserves, still, my control is superior to most of my peers. It's why I'm even able to control puppets, and why I have a decent understanding of Ninjutsu. Speaking of Ninjutsu, I need to go figure out what element I possess soon...hm.."

He arrived. Hopping down from one of the houses, he took his first step into the training grounds as a Genin. As a child, his parents would bring him here to practice his Byakugan. The flowers, the pond..it brought back memories of simpler times..happier times. Shaking his head to get back on track, he sighed. Not many people were here, of course, due to it being so early in the morning. But, he spotted a couple of shinobi training.

"I think the best way to practice my chakra control is using my puppetry skills.."

So, he unwrapped Hotaru from its cloth, setting up his chakra strings. While manipulating his puppets, he began to think of ways of how he'd upgrade his puppet.

"Hidden Kunai Launchers..flamethrowers..of course. I need the basics if I want to become a good puppeteer. I have the element of surprise, though. Puppetry was always a rare specialization among shinobi. But still..each and every one of my puppet need to have some special ability that makes them different from the rest. It's the only way to become a master.."

He maneuvered his puppet around an obstacle course, slowly perfecting his chakra control alobg with the finesse he moved his puppets with.

"Father...I want to make you into a real man one day..but should I subject you to the horror of the real world? Sure, you will feel love.."

His body shuddered in joy as that word rolled out of his mouth. Love...it was something that Shinji sought out ever since he was practically disowned by his parents. It didn't matter if it was a man, woman, boy, or girl...he just wanted love no matter how much he said he only needed it from his puppets.

"But..you'll also see the hatred and cruelty that lies within the world. I cannot subject you to such horrors. It would be cruel for me to do so."

Sighing, he continued for the rest of the day practicing on the obstacle course with his puppet. Finally done, he stashed the puppet back in its cloth, and wrapped it on to his back.

"I wonder how they would know we've completed tthe mission..anyone could go and say they've done intensive chakra control training..heh. I suppose it's a bit draining on the body."

It was 10:12 PM once he looked on his watch. He headed out of the fields and went to collect his reward.

"My first C-rank...pretty tame, huh Hotaru? Well. I guess they won't all be like this. I'm sure I'll be able to test you out on some bandits so you can feast on them..haha. Dad, you promise to protect me right? Good..I love you."

He wished that he had a real father to tuck him in. He wished that he wasn't thrusted into the world of ninjas. He could have been a simple merchant, but because of his birth in the Hyuuga clan, that simply wasn't an option for him. But life wasn't fair and he couldn't keep complaining. All he needed to do was press on.

Thirty minutes later, he was at the front of his apartment complex. Maybe today was the day the nightmares would stop about all the stress. Maybe today was his lucky day. Heading up the stairs, he unlocked the door with his key and headed inside.

WC: 1005

Shinji went through his daily routine like he always did, putting on his clothes, brushing his teeth, and getting some breakfast. While he was doing this, he began to wonder..did he really want a squad? Sure, it'd be nice to have some friends, but what if they weren't the type of people that Shinji would associate himself with? Yes, he was okay with many types of people..but he absolutely despised bullies and manipulators.

"Heh...Dad. A ninja that doesn't like manipulation. That's a story to tell your kids. I mean, if I have to use it I will, but honestly I don't like it. I feel that's what every Hyuuga parent does to there kid..manipulate them into becoming a ninja even if they don't want them, building them into a perfect clansmen fit to lead the whole clan I wonder if the Hokage approves of the seals..I certainly bet she won't if she's a part of the main family. but I doubt she's even a Hyuuga. I haven't seen her around the complex at all."

Finished, he exited out of the apartment and headed over to the Kage's mansion so he could collect his mission. He wouldn't be going on any C-ranks today. They were entirely exhausting ..doing something like picking flowers? That was easy. But, he supposed being a ninja wasn't easy.

After a few minutes, he was inside the mansion of the Hokage. Plenty of people were here already since it was the afternoon. He waited a while, then picked up the mission file. All he had to do was pick some flowers. Exiting the mansion, he headed towards the fields where he would do exactly what the file told him to do. Shinji knew how to tell which flowers were poisonous and which ones weren't. The academy gave basic details on this, plus he studied poisons...the poisons from some flowers would work well in combat.

"Hn...such a relaxing job. I'm glad I took this."

Once he went to the fields, he bent down and started picking flowers, gently putting them down in a wooden basket he brought along for the mission.

"I should really start practicing some jutsu, don't you think Hotaru? I can't be caught by surprise. A bold minor village, or even a major one could invade Konoha at any minute."

Finally, he felt like he collected enough flowers. Carrying his basket with him, Shinji headed back to the mansion to drop off the basket of flowers. This was a pretty short mission, as only a hour had elapsed since he started.

"I suppose we have time for one or two more missions today, don't you think Hotaru? Perhaps we'll help cut down a few of the trees around here, or even take on another C-rank mission..hn.."

He looked at the flowers he had collecting while walking to the mansion. It was like a rainbow of bright colors. Whoever these were gonna be given to, Shinji knew that they'd be happy. He felt that same joy whenever he talked about love when he looked at these flowers.

"So beautiful.."

WC: 526

After dropping the flowers down by the mansion, the Hyuuga had taken up another mission. This time, he was tasked by ten people, who needed logs. Ax in hand, given to him just for this mission, he would begin to head towards the outskirts of Konoha where the forest was. That was were he would begin chopping down logs. It would be a rather long walk, and since he wasn't in a rush at all, Shinji began to start talking to his puppet.

"Dad, you'll help me chop down this wood, right? I don't think a little boy like me could chop these trees down in an efficient manner."

Well, he was sixteen and pretty damn strong despite his lanky body build. He could probably get this done before the day ended if he did it alone, but he really wanted time to himself, and using his puppet to help him would give him more of that time. So, he unwrapped the puppet from its cloth, and brought out the wooden surrogate. It would help with his control with the puppet. Since he was pretty strong when he was using weapons, the loss of using both hands didn't really impact him the way it would for other people.

"Alright Dad, I'll get this tree right here, and you get the tree to the east of us."

Spinning the wooden ax with his right hand and manipulating his puppet with the left. He began chopping at the tree at a steady pace, while making the puppet cleave through the rest of the tree with Shinji's massive sword.

"Hm..we should be finished with this mission in ten minutes! Or fifteen...all I know is we're almost done with this."

It was the latter. Finished with the mission, he began to pack up the puppet and the logs.

"4:00, huh? I guess I can spend the rest of the day training. Can't let my clan skills start rusting.."

He needed to increase his skill with the Byakugan. After all, it was the ability Hyuugas were known for, and allowed the Hyuugas to use the style known as Gentle Fist. Right now, it was new...a premature Byakugan. That was what the Hyuugas would.call it..but with enough training, he would be able to mature it and increase its power.

Now inside the Hokage's Mansion, he dropped off the bag of logs and collected his reward. His stomach growled, and he frowned.

"I guess before I hit the training grounds I should go and get some ramen. I'll pay for both of us, kay Dad?"

Exiting the building, walking at a turtle's place to take in his surroundings, he noticed that it wasn't as hot as it usually was. It was more of a warm day. Shinji maneuvered his way through the crowds, speeding up his previously slow pace. He wasn't really a crowd person. The ramen shop had been there for years, and the quality of the food had never dropped during its time.

WC: 508
-------------------------------------—---------

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum