1Kazan-Suuhai Empty Kazan-Suuhai Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:52 am

Kokoro Gishiki

Kokoro Gishiki
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Kazan-Suuhai 1prj

Reference:
Clan Name: Kazan-Suuhai
Clan element/'s: Yoton [Fire + Earth] Specifically, glass, a specialized form of the lava release.
Special characteristics/traits: Born of a bloodline capable of both crafting and manipulating molten earth and its various forms, the clan bares the noteworthy power to utilize the Yoton release, morphing lava and magma however the clan member sees fit. However, even more prominent that this ability, the clan has, at some indeterminate point in the distant past, spun away from other clans capable of similar feats and boasts a special version of the traditional lava release; in place of the usual molten earth slung about by such techniques, the clan utilizes more purified elements in its techniques, thus crafting a glass offensive capable of searing or piercing through defensive structures of one rank higher than the technique in use.

More noticeable than either of these traits of the blood, members of this clan are of a fundamentally different form than your average shinobi. While their bodies function in an overall similar way to that of more conventional ninja, the Suuhai born clansmen all bear skin of the darkest black, their entire body formed of a loosely congealed mixture of molten earth and glass, their “flesh” interspersed with geometric veins of brightly colored mineral deposits of a color generally unique to individual clansmen, their hair of the same color. While their outward body, more or less a shell of malleable semiliquid glass and stone, isn’t truly a part of them, their innards hose the conventional aspects one would expect to find upon dissecting a person, the organs arranged in compacted clusters with solid, hardened barriers surrounding them.

Due to this unique bodily composition, members’ bodies tend to run extremely hot, frequently to the point of burning anyone they come into contact with, and clan members generally appear immune to conventional damage upon first inspection, their apparent bodies being comprised simply of molten glass. Finally, the members are able to use parts of their body in tandem with their techniques, using the naturally formed glass produced by their bodies as a powerful weapon or strong defense.  

Bloodline Name: Yoton; Kopputon [Glass release; hiden]
Bloodline Ability: Simply speaking, the bloodline is made up by the members’ unique ability to utilize lava release technique, forming, shaping, and manipulating molten rock to their hearts’ content. Additionally, due the clan’s having diverged from its parent clan ages ago, the clan has begun utilizing what they have dubbed glass release techniques, essentially purified and superheated versions of more conventional lava release technique but with an increased offensive and defensive potency.

Aside from this, the clan’s particularly strange biology confers certain benefits and hazards to the clan, allowing them astounding resistance to both fire and lava based techniques [weakened by two ranks] as well as lightning skills [weakened by one rank] and making slashing and piercing based techniques rather ineffective unless such strikes should hit any of the central core groups of organs. On the other hand, water release techniques not only gain a level of effectiveness when striking a clans member, they also cool the body part struck, causing slowness of the limbs for one post, at which time the limb will have been fully reheated. In tandem with said elemental resistances and weaknesses, the clan’s bodies, burning hot and capable of acting as a source of glass to be shaped, require less chakra for clan based skills (25% reduction), but they are barred from ever learning the water element or mastering the wind element. They may also learn lava release techniques of other clans, as other clans may learn glass release techniques (provided these are taught), but the clan may never learn techniques utilizing volcanized rubber. As for physical maneuvers and their effectiveness, concussive blows of a high magnitude tend to work rather well against the members, their bodies essentially conducting the force and transferring it to their organ cores.

Finally, due to the clan’s long held religious beliefs and fervor, as well as their reliance on fuinjutsu to allow them to live semi-normal lives, clan members choosing to observe the sacred ways of the sealing arts are frequently revered within the clan and are given access to ancient knowledge on the parts of the clan, granting them one extra rank in fuinjutsu should they chose to learn the skills. However, by the same token, the clan abhors both the art of puppetry and medical research and members are forever barred from learning such arts.

In short:

Strengths:

• Can utilize lava release technique and glass release techniques
  • Pay 25% less for clan techniques
  • Fuinjutsu skill increased by 1 rank
  • Unique body composition grants hefty resistances to both fire and lava techniques [weakened by 2 ranks] and lightning techniques [weakened by one rank]

Weaknesses:

• Cannot have medical specialties whatsoever
  • Cannot utilize puppetry or puppetry techniques whatsoever
  • Cannot learn water release whatsoever.
  • Cannot learn wind release techniques higher than B rank
  • Water release techniques gain one rank in power and lower mobility in the struck limb(s) by half a rank for one post

Secret Clan Jutsu: The clan, highly renowned for their master artists and magnificent glass working skills, are strongly encouraged to develop abilities of their own, unique only to the individual and crafted so as to show off the artistic spirit of the practitioner. That being said, such arts can, and frequently are, passed down from generation to generation, the most effective, beautiful, or powerful often times becoming clan legends.

Kazan-Suuhai 73m2
Name: God of the Forge
Type: Ninjutsu
Used For: Supplementary | Offensive | Defensive
Element: Lava | Glass
Range: Self | 3m maximum
Duration: Until altered
Hand Seals/Charge up: N/A
Description: By utilizing a surge of chakra through the clan member’s unique body composition, he can choose to reform part of the molten glass that comprises their limbs and body, allowing the user to form things such as sharp, superheated weapons or makeshift defenses. Additionally, the user could feasibly alter his form in such a way so as to fit into smaller spaces, though this application is extremely limited as one cannot manipulate the size of their organ cores. Weapons formed by this give off an extremely large amount of ambient heat, permitting them to sear through defenses one rank higher than themselves and cauterizing wounds as well as inflicting first degree wounds, thus complicating the healing process.
Weakness: Transforming a limb fundamentally alters it. For instance, reforming one’s hand prevent the use of hand seals. While no cost must be paid to maintain this technique, the cost must be repaid if one wishes to reshape one’s limbs again.

Kazan-Suuhai 73m2
Name: Glass Blowing
Type: Ninjutsu
Used For: Offense | Supplementary
Element: Lava | Glass
Range: Self |
Duration: 2 posts heated | Until destroyed otherwise
Hand Seals/Charge up: 1 seal
Description: A rudimentary ability within the Suuhai clan, the user creates up to ten small projectile type weapons, or one large style weapon (i.e. sword, hammer, etc.), and then uses them for whatever purpose he sees fit. Crafted by the superheated glass signature of the clan and by their superb forging teachings, these weapons can sear and slice through defenses of one rank higher than themselves and remain extremely hot to the touch for two posts. Upon losing the intense heat required to shape the glass the weapons will obtain a solid, unalterable form (unless one uses another relevant technique to reshape them), their edges of the finest sharpness. However, weapons of this nature have low durability and are easily shattered. Should the wielder chose, he can either simply create these weapons or launch them from his body or gullet at a speed equal to his mastery over ninjutsu.
Weakness: While weapons linger on after creation, they are easily shattered. No more than ten small weapons or one larger one can be created per instance of this technique.

Clan History: Though once simply members of the Kazan clan, the clans have been diverging for hundreds of years.

Long ago, a subset of the clan made a journey to a massive, active volcano, the exact reasons of such a trip being lost to the ages, though rumors often fly about their desire to commune with the lord of mountain. While, once again, an accurate account of what occurred when the small pilgrimage arrived at the rim of the volcanic mountain cannot be found, the clan insists that a great and powerful lava god arose and claimed that he would grant the wish of only one of the members. And so began a long and violent battle between those who had made the journey, each fighting to the death to have realized the secret desires of his or her hearts.

After a time a victor arose, a woman of simple dress and newly saddened eyes, she having slain her husband so as to achieve this ultimate prize. The god of the volcano agreed to listen to her request and she told him. Knowing now that there was no way for her, or her unborn child, to return to their previous clan, she wished for her daughter to have an even greater power, enough to make her own way in the world, and that she be protected from future harm. The god, with an alarmingly bright and orange smile, agreed to such a request and, within moments of speaking, the woman burst into flames, her skin and bones nearly sublimating off of her.

Where she had once stood now rested the tiny body of her daughter, her skin darkened blacker than that of any of her relatives and her body glowing hot with lines of magmatic energy, hers a bright and pure white. For a time the god cared for her, providing for her until she grew old enough to venture out into the world where and when she learned a great many things. She nearly forgot about the story of her birth and the source of her power, though her body was riddled with confusing and ancient sealing arts in order to allow her to both maintain her form and interact with others like a normal person, but she made sure to practice her daily affirmations and prayers. Finally, after many, many years of wandering and searching, she soon realized that finding another like her was but a silly dream. She had, by virtue of her mother’s ambitions, become something more than a simply, frail human. Left with no other options, she returned to the volcano, her own birthplace, and, which some more help from her surrogate father, she made there the new birthplace of an entire, if rather small, clan.

Members: 0 | 5 [Permission required]

2Kazan-Suuhai Empty Re: Kazan-Suuhai Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:57 am

Kokoro Gishiki

Kokoro Gishiki
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

This should be good to go I think!

3Kazan-Suuhai Empty Re: Kazan-Suuhai Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:06 pm

Chikara

Chikara
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin

Under Review

Whoa, that was a lot to process, but I have finished throughly reading this clan and am prepared to review it. I do apologize for the wait.

1. Stating that glass can break through barriers a rank below a technique used is a stretch. Barriers with a physical mass, sure. But barriers such as wind or fire or lightning I doubt it.
  2. Pick one or the other, for body resistance to elements. Can't have you resistant to 3 elements. Which ever you pick shall only be weaken by one.
  3. Weakness should be things that shall effect you in some way. Such things as not having a specialty in something isn't a thing that would come into play IC. And thusly so, does not effect you in anyway. The inability to learn Puppetry and Ijutsu are good things to note, but nothing more.

That's all I see at the moment. May get a second opinion. Until than, fix which has been already listed.

4Kazan-Suuhai Empty Re: Kazan-Suuhai Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:37 am

Elendril

Elendril

This wont be allowed. Glass is its own advance element you cant have Lava and glass. So make the clan one or the other. Glass is pretty much the same as Crystal release. (And i made the Crystal clan here already)

5Kazan-Suuhai Empty Re: Kazan-Suuhai Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:05 am

Kokoro Gishiki

Kokoro Gishiki
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

No problem on the wait; I realize there's a lot there. Thank you for the reviews though!

In order:

@Chikara:

• 1. Fair enough. I shall just change this to searing though/piercing solid defenses of a higher rank, yes?
  • 2. I actually intended to remove the lightning portion since lightning is effective against earth, a component of the lava/glass, so I'll just edit that out. My bad there. As for the fire/lava resistance, would a general heat resistance make sense, giving members resistance against fire (weakening it) and like a pseudo-resistance towards lava (since it wouldn't really burn them) but the blunt force of the earth would still be effective? Does that makes sense?
  • 3. Duly noted. Shall I remove those from the weakness section? Are you asking for more weaknesses of a more tangible nature?

@Elendril: Is this like an official override of Chikara's stuff or...? And if so, can I ask why? I guess I can kind of see glass being its own element, but at the same time I can't see where it would fit in combination wise on the elemental wheel and I don't see why it couldn't be just a unique application of lava release.

As for the crystal release part, I'd have to argue against this. Glass release is not like crystal release, in my mind, and generally revolves around different principles (one could not turn incoming attacks/pre-existing physical material into glass as one could with crystal). Additionally, glass isn't a crystal either way, so again I'd have to say that it would function as something other than crystal release.

I hope that covers the issues for now! Thanks again you two!

P.S. I haven't yet made actual edits because I'd rather not go through the effort of tweaking the clan if it isn't in anyway acceptable as it is. I hope that's understandable.

6Kazan-Suuhai Empty Re: Kazan-Suuhai Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:01 am

Chikara

Chikara
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin

Under Review

Give me a moment to take the case to our head admin, Kokoro. Until than, don't tweak anything.

7Kazan-Suuhai Empty Re: Kazan-Suuhai Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:15 pm

Kamina

Kamina
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

No glass and lava, pick one or the other. These hardened barriers around your organs... state if they have any actual effect in regards to protection or if they are simply there just because. As for strengths. Your resistances are unusually high. Id allow Katon to have a rank effect, Lava by one rank and no defense against raiton. Not sure why or even how your clan gets benefits into fuinjutsu from this so further explain or remove it.

8Kazan-Suuhai Empty Re: Kazan-Suuhai Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:48 am

Kokoro Gishiki

Kokoro Gishiki
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Again (if this makes any sort of difference that is), I’m using glass as a kind of hiden branching off of traditional lava techniques and do not personally consider it to function in any fundamentally different way than lava (I guess it’s sharper when/if it hardens). Note, other lava release based clans can, with this train of logic, be taught glass release techniques.

As for the organ ‘capsules,’ they confer no defensive capabilities outside of the fact that a clan member’s organs may be in a bit of a different place than one might expect; the idea was simply there to give reasoning as to how and why the peoples’ organs didn’t spontaneously liquefy/combust from the intense heat of being made mostly out of molten glass.

For defenses, from what I understand you’ll allow katon and lava to be reduced by one rank with no resistance to lightning, correct? If so that makes sense and was loosely talked about with Chikara.

Fuinjutsu bonus was a perk of the fact that the clan practices cult-like voodoo/fuinjutsu mixtures and places a high religious importance on the sealing arts. I can expand on this further if necessary.

Thank you and sorry about my delayed response to this!

Once again, I haven't actually edited the clan as of right now, I'm just getting some final clarification.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum