Hitomi Shiruku
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Worst Rps EVER! Empty Worst Rps EVER! Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:15 am

Hitomi Shiruku

Hitomi Shiruku
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

Here's a topic for fun just to talk about or even link THE worst rp's you've ever had the chance of encountering.

No names, Icons, or Usernames are allowed just explain the experience. We're here to laugh at the rp NOT the person!

Be nice and enjoy~

2Worst Rps EVER! Empty Re: Worst Rps EVER! Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Sato

Sato

Okay everyone that has been Rping long enough will know about this and it makes me laugh every time. When I first RPd Naruto it used to be one liner posts lol.

*Sato walks up to his enemy and punches his face.*

http://www.narutonexusrp.com

3Worst Rps EVER! Empty Re: Worst Rps EVER! Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:35 pm

Shinsui

Shinsui

Lol sato I was the same. I got told shit by my first ever Mentor, well let's say my first and only mentor, the Prof himself. Prof cromwell on LR to be more exact. I couldn't even complete a D rank mission without MUCH struggle. Luckily today, because of his pushing, I have achieved apps with 14k words. Posts of 2k words come like the wind blows through the skies. I'm still grateful for that~
Its unavoidable though that Swag will be mentioned here. So I'd just like to say to him, get yer finger out yer ass and try harder. I hope that one day you don't fall victim to vague manipulation, coz unfortunately you're too vague. BUT, that can change mah swaggy friend

4Worst Rps EVER! Empty Re: Worst Rps EVER! Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:23 pm

Swagbito

Swagbito
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

I'll admit my mistake. Lol. Considering Sato and Shin were one liners I'll probably be able to change 2

http://jump.forumotion.com

5Worst Rps EVER! Empty Re: Worst Rps EVER! Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:08 pm

Ura

Ura
Otogakure Jounin
Otogakure Jounin

On the subject of vague manipulation: is there anyone who can give me some tips on that? I consider myself a good enough fighter, but I lack any methods to counter other rpers who try to vague manip me. I'm talking about people using it offensively as I'm usually specific enough in my posts.

6Worst Rps EVER! Empty Re: Worst Rps EVER! Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:12 am

V

V
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin

Ura wrote:On the subject of vague manipulation: is there anyone who can give me some tips on that? I consider myself a good enough fighter, but I lack any methods to counter other rpers who try to vague manip me. I'm talking about people using it offensively as I'm usually specific enough in my posts.
Other than being very, concisely specific? To the point your posts will average 1.5k+ in WC? There is no other counter to "offensive" vague manipulation. Manipulation is a reaction tactic, and depends entirely on what you write (or rather, what you DIDN'T write). If it's used offensively, it's because of a failure on your part, and people are merely taking advantage of it. If there's no vagueness to be exploited in the first place, then there's no offensive manipulation. If you concentrate on covering all of the important bases of your post instead of literally everything, you should be fine. This generally requires decent pre-planning and all that

7Worst Rps EVER! Empty Re: Worst Rps EVER! Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:48 pm

Ura

Ura
Otogakure Jounin
Otogakure Jounin

A guy that pretty much one-shotted me with vague manip didn't use it as a reaction since he was the first one to attack. I'd gladly PM you the post if I could find it, but the site closed down a while ago. He wasn't exploiting my mistakes, he was just making his own attack so vague that I wasn't even sure if there even was an attack, let alone how to correctly time my counters.

Also, to avoid getting completely sidetracked I'll add my two cents as well. I also used to be a one-liner on my first site. The problem was, the entire site was filled with one-liners. It was a place where everyone was Akatsuki. It was basically just loitering around the Akatsuki base with massively overpowered characters. There was one-shotting galore. It was awful. But it got me into rping, so thats something.

8Worst Rps EVER! Empty Re: Worst Rps EVER! Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Hitomi Shiruku

Hitomi Shiruku
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

Is it me feeling weird or have I never experienced the one-liners disease...cause I know I write small drafts but...I've yet to fall short of 100 or even 50 words in the past...7 years that I have Rp'd?

Maybe it was because I was focusing all that bad juujuu into bad eevee oc's for DA...yeah...yeah I think that's what it is...If anything sorry if one has had to go through that faze, I went through stupidity and thanks for commenting on the page! :3

9Worst Rps EVER! Empty Re: Worst Rps EVER! Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:18 am

V

V
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin

Ura wrote:A guy that pretty much one-shotted me with vague manip didn't use it as a reaction since he was the first one to attack. I'd gladly PM you the post if I could find it, but the site closed down a while ago. He wasn't exploiting my mistakes, he was just making his own attack so vague that I wasn't even sure if there even was an attack, let alone how to correctly time my counters.
Oh, that's something else. That's just vagueness, sometimes referred to hiding one's own attack within your post. It can take many forms like being one sentence within a huge 1k+ post and something similar happened on this site, actually. This really depends on the staffer who monitors the thread, but if it's an actual attack that can be claimed if ignored, then there should be a "description" of the attack and it's intended "location". If those two conditions aren't met at the bare minimum, then the hit should not be claimed. In other forms, Hiding ones attack is the difference between being very specific (direct/telling) and very detailed (descriptive, showing/imagery). The flaw in that it leaves ambiguity so there is no clear picture of what exactly the attack could be, so you may have the chance to specify the attack and mess it up completely. Though, your opponent may be able to back up their vague attack by being a little more descriptive, in which case you should be suspicious of a particular sentence if it stands out.

Overall, just don't fight Worst Rps EVER! 3311546802

It's shitty anyway

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]