Takigakure

The First Test [Team Eight] Pixel

Our button

All other rights go to Naruto© Creator: Masashi Kishimoto

You are not connected. Please login or register

The First Test [Team Eight]

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The First Test [Team Eight] Empty The First Test [Team Eight] Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:52 am

Chikara

Chikara
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin

A room that was what you had been in with other Genin teams before being shoved into a hallway, the door closed behind you. Small the hallway was, not being enough space for those within to walk side by side, forcing them to walk behind one another, but that doesn’t matter much for you see a door a couple feet away. With the door behind you being locked, you and your group decide to head towards the door a couple feet in front of you. Upon opening the door, you walk into a room a little larger than the one you had left. Once all have stepped into the room, the door closes behind you of its own accord, preventing you from going back.

Hidden within this badly lit, grey walled room are two plaques that have a riddle written on it. Near one of these plaques is a lever, which must be turned the right way in order for you to advance to the next test, and the riddles will assist you in making the right choice. Written upon the plaque closes to the lever is the following:

I am a button
That cannot be pushed or pulled
But when moved in the right way
I will show you your dream
But if moved wrongly
You will crash and burn

On the other plaque, the following is written:

I am a wall
Yet I am a Door
If you can find me
You can pass
But if you can't
You will fall

Armed with these two riddles and a lever that is your gateway to the next test, you and your team must now figure it out.

[Each member of the squad has 3 posts to figure out the riddle and how the lever factors into things. If you and your squad cannot figure it out in 3 posts, your team won’t be advancing to the next stage. Utilize the lever improperly, well that shall remain a surprise.]

2The First Test [Team Eight] Empty Re: The First Test [Team Eight] Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:37 am

Yuuji

The suspense grew as the day finally came for the exams, he came prepared wearing his tradtional Hyuga attire along with having his hair tied back into a short ponytail, he double checking that he had all of his equipment upon him, Yuuji hadn't even thought it would be so tense, he had decided to enter first expecting the two to follow behind him before the doors were locked.
Yuuji looked around carefully as he walk onwards in the dim area.
"This isn't exactly what I had in mind for the exams to start off like."
As he noticed the plaques on the wall and began to read, speaking the sentences through his mind over and over again, waiting for something to click, tealsing is what some sort of riddle, but couldn't exactly point out what it meant.
As a few moments pass he snaps his fingers, possibly having a rough idea on what it might be.
"A button that can't be pushed or pulled? The only thing I can think of is twisting it, kinda like a dial? They're like buttons right?"
Perhaps intelligence with riddles wasn't one of Yuuji's strong point, but nevertheless it'd be better than not putting his opinion in at all.
But before going ahead and deciding ahead of the two of them, he awaits their input on the situation, maybe his squad mates had a better idea, but he wasn't too sure on how they'd handle this also.

WC:238

3The First Test [Team Eight] Empty Re: The First Test [Team Eight] Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:27 am

Axel

Axel
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

The land Of Rivers was very crowded today. People from all lands on the planet were running to the location, all excited to see some action. Some chunin exam action. This was the day where genin all over the world could shine and show what they have learned from the academy, and with their squad captains. Axel was very enthusiastic for this event, as he got to work with his new squad mates, and show everyone the results of his training. No matter he fought, the genin was ready, and would not let a single person step on him. He was all prepared, with his usual attire, medium length sword, kunai, and smoke bombs, as well as the jutsu he has learned that could be used via chara. He heard that their would be resting rooms, so he did not have to worry about overusing his chakra.

Axel was now in a room with all of the other genin. He looked around at his competition, and smirked, thinking that he could most likely squash at least half of them due to his intensive taijutsu training. What also gave him the edge in this exam was that his teamates were apart of the Hyuga Clan, who's members wielded the byakugan, a dojutsu that was very helpful in dangerous situations. After a while, the three got shoved into a small hallway, then they lead themselves into a badly lit, grey walled room with two plaques on the wall, and a lever close by. Axel read the two plaques, then opened his mouth wide in shock. He was furious that with all of the training he did, a riddle was being thrown his way, and Axel was horrible at riddles. He then listened to what his teammate Yuuji had to say about it.

"A button that can't be pushed or pulled? The only thing I can think of is twisting it, kinda like a dial? They're like buttons right?" The hyuga said.

"Hmmm. Yea, I guess you are right. Maybe we twist it towards the right direction, and not the left, since it says, ' I am a button That cannot be pushed or pulled But when moved in the right way I will show you your dream But if moved wrongly You will crash and burn.' Do you understand what I am am getting at?" Axel said, hoping that he could add to this situation they were in.

WC: 405

Last edited by Axel Rover on Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total

4The First Test [Team Eight] Empty Re: The First Test [Team Eight] Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:54 am

Itome Hikaraku

Itome Hikaraku
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

...The day of the exams were finally here...he had all of the supplies that he would need for this mission. His paintbrush, his headband, and his fists of justice. Sora sat a wooden stool at the kitchen table of the Hyuuga's house, barely able to pick his pancakes up with his fork. His whole body was quivering from sheer excitement.

"Ha, you look like you're about to wet your pants! Lighten up, will ya?"

The loud, brash voice of his father smacked him hard in the face, most of the nervousness now gone from his body. But in the back of his mind, Sora still had his doubts.

[/i] Will I really be able to advance to the next rank in the Chuunin Exams? I have to...everything is depending on this! [/i]

"Ah..too bad your mother isn't here, she had to go on a mission. Well, good luck pal! Kick some ass for me. I'll be down when the one on one fights happen..I have to bet on you, after all!"

"Y-You placed bets on me?! Do I Iook like a race horse to you?"

Instead of being sorry, Kenshiro laughed at Sora, slapping his knee.

"Save the anger for the exams, kiddo. Alrighty.. you need to get going before he you're late!"
----------------------------------
And that would probably be the last time Sora saw his father, because he had a horrible feeling that he would die of suffocation. Axel, Yuuji, and him were all in this gray room with nothing except a lever and two plaques with a riddle on it. When he heard Yuuji's suggestion, he scratched his chin.

So many possible variables...but, I can't let someone else decide my fate for me..I have to take a closer look at this riddle myself. I have to be one hundred percent sure about this, too!

"No. I'm not good at riddles, but I don't agree with you guys..I think the lever is completely irrelevant..like a red herring meant to throw us off the right track."

He pointed at the first plaque, and then the second, scratching his chin with the other hand he wasn't using.

"I believe we have to move one of these plaques to the right..and the plaque is the thing that's being referred to as the button in the riddle. Furthermore, if we try and move the lever, I think we will die.. "crash and burn.." "falling.." "

Then, Sora shrugged.

"To sum it off, we should move either the plaques or the lever to the right. If we guess wrong, we die..oh! The door to our "dream", the next part of the exans, is in one of the walls..but really, I have a bad feeling about the lever.."

WC: 472

5The First Test [Team Eight] Empty Re: The First Test [Team Eight] Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:11 am

Yuuji

Yuuji sighs quietly as he folds his arms across his chest and starts pacing back and fourth in the room as he looks between the plaques and the lever, how could a simple riddle prevent something so important, beside he couldn't help but wonder what would happen if they had gotten it wrong.
"I'm not really sure to be honest, I never thought we'd be dealing with something like riddles, I spent most of my time on the physical side to these exams, so we might as well just give all the ideas ago without pulling the lever, only question what one do we start with, it'd be easier getting it done on the first go."
He peers between the plaques as he walks over to the first one with his hands in his pockets, reading the text written once more.
"But when moved in the right way"
He shrugs once not really having many options to go from other than what was suggested, he places both hands onto the plaque that he was told to, trying to slide it across to the right.
"Well, fingers cross I supposed."
Yuuji doesn't sound all that confident anymore as he looks between the two after completing his actions.

WC:202

6The First Test [Team Eight] Empty Re: The First Test [Team Eight] Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:28 am

Axel

Axel
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

Axel liked Sora's idea. Basically, he suggested that they move one of the plaques to the right, and one of the hunted about doing moving something the 'right' way. Axel thought that there was something extra however. He was thinking that the team should move the plaque that talked about moving something, but then, if that one was as it said, then maybe the second one was as it said as well. ' I am a wall, Yet I am a Door,' the second plaque said, so maybe one person should move the first plaque to the right, while the other tries to open the second one just like a door. As he thought this over, he nodded to his buddies, and Yuuji walked forward to move the first plaque.

"Ok guys, while Yuuji moves that one, maybe I should try and open the second one like a door. I mean, what could go wrong? We are not touching the lever, so we should be fine," Axel said, and with that, he moved towards the second plaque, put his hands on the left side of it, and pulled on it, trying to open it like a door.

WC: 197

7The First Test [Team Eight] Empty Re: The First Test [Team Eight] Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:11 am

Itome Hikaraku

Itome Hikaraku
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

Sora began scratching his chin, trying his best to think of any way out of this room. If he failed on the first part, it would be extremely embarassing..and just then, something came up to him.

What if this is all a game...the riddle is the real red herring...! Nah.. couldn't be.

He watched as his teammates moved the plaque, and if everything failed, he would try moving the lever to the right.

8The First Test [Team Eight] Empty Re: The First Test [Team Eight] Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:19 am

NN NPC

NN NPC

And then the sounds of exertion filled the tiny room as the squad of young Genin tried to move the plaques that were embedded into the solid wall that were clearly several feet thick.  The makeup of the wall was indecipherable to the Genin.  All they could tell about it was that it was hard, smooth, and grey in color.

All the Genin accomplished in trying to move the plaques was use precious oxygen and possibly embarrass themselves to any of the proctors that were watching.

Then the young Itome pulled the lever to the right.

(Must wait for the rest of the teams))

9The First Test [Team Eight] Empty Re: The First Test [Team Eight] Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:55 am

NN NPC

NN NPC

As soon as the lever locked into the the right position the entire room rumbled as the the floor suddenly cracked, split, and began falling down the dark passage that ended in faint splashing sounds. It seemed as if they were falling for ever when suddenly it hit them. Well they hit it. The crystal clear blue waters swallowed the genin whole and then spit them back out on the sandy beach. It seemed this would be their home for the next week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum