Ciphers and Seals 73m2

Name: Slippery Ink
Type: Fuinjutsu
Used For: Supplementary  
Element: N/A
Range: Self/1m
Duration: 1 post
Hand Seals/Charge up: 0-1 seal
Description: A simple technique, this allows the user to move an already placed seal (or other form of writing/marking) by a tiny application of chakra. In doing so, the user may transfer a seal placed on a scroll to a different seal, a wall, or any other place he so choses. While not complex in theory or practice, this ability affords a practitioner of the art greater freedom in how sealing techniques are placed and shaped.
Weakness: Ineffective against seals placed by another without full understanding of said seal. Must have at least Fuinjutsu Basic.

Ciphers and Seals 73m2

Name: Partial Manifestation
Range: 1m
Duration: Until reverted
Hand Seals/Charge up: Contact with storage seal
Description: Expanding upon the ability to store and subsequently summon weapons from simple seals, this ability allows the user to, rather than summon an entire item, summon only part of the item from the storage seal. For instance, he may choose to summon the blade of a kunai along the seal, or the point, or even the handle. Once partially manifested, the item remains rigidly attached to the seal, though the user can withdraw it once more or fully extract it at no additional cost.  
Weakness: As only part of an item/weapon is withdrawn at any given time, only that part may be used at any given time. Thrown weaponry cannot be thrown when used for this technique.

Ciphers and Seals 73m2

Name: The Fall
Used For: Defensive
Range: Self
Duration: 1 post
Hand Seals/Charge up: Requires seal
Description: A small seal, roughly four inches in length and width, this inscription must be prepared beforehand. Once written, on paper or any other medium, the user will maneuver the seal between himself and whatever he wishes to use the seal upon by any means necessary. This sealing art then captures and seals away all momentum on both sides of the inscription. Incoming attacks lose all directional motion and tend to simply fall to the ground when affected by this technique. Once completed, the seal becomes inert and useless before ultimately fading away.
Weakness: Seals the user’s motion as well. Thus, the user cannot move while the seal is activated. Each seal can be used a maximum of one time.

Ciphers and Seals 73m2

Name: Face of Radiance
Range: Self
Duration: Maintainable  
Hand Seals/Charge up: 1 post for creation of seal. 1 hand seal activation.
Description: A sealing formula grafted onto the chakra system of the wearer, this seal takes the appearance of a stylized sun near the chest or stomach of its bearer. Once placed, the seal will last indefinitely unless it someone manually removes it. Upon activation, the seal will sap a small amount of chakra from the wearer [C rank upkeep cost], converting it into an extremely bright chakra-based light. Regardless, as the seal creates this light, any who have the ability to perceive chakra visually see the light as well, a perpetual beacon of painfully bright radiation which completely obscures the user and his immediate surroundings. As such, any who rely heavily on, say, visually based blood line abilities may find him or herself at a distinct disadvantage and staring directly at the source for extended periods of time can cause minor retinal damage.
Weakness: Does nothing to those who cannot see chakra. Eliminates the opportunity for stealth while active should a person possess a doujutsu. Sensors of adept skill or higher can notice the radiant chakra with a bit of concentration.

Ciphers and Seals 73m2

Name: The Word
Range: Varies (20m maximum)
Duration: N/A
Hand Seals/Charge up: Must create the seal at time of use.
Description: Essentially a counter sealing mechanism, the user must place this inscription around whatever physical representation of a sealing technique that he wishes to contain. The Word takes the form of a simple ring of kanji encompassing the targeted sealing technique and, upon activation, creates a swirling pattern moving inward towards the targeted seal. From this point, the seal has “sealed” the target formula, removing its effects and utterly containing it.
Weakness: Ineffective against massive seals, such as village-wide seals. Cannot seal S-ranked seals.

Last edited by Kokoro Gishiki on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:53 pm; edited 5 times in total

2Ciphers and Seals Empty Re: Ciphers and Seals Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:52 am

Suna no Kai

Suna no Kai
D-rank missing ninja
D-rank missing ninja

Under Review

I am going to ask that you wait until your character is approved before making stuff that pertains to your character.

3Ciphers and Seals Empty Re: Ciphers and Seals Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:58 am

Kokoro Gishiki

Kokoro Gishiki
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Character is completed and approved! My update isn't done yet but I don't know if that has to be finished..?

Thanks again for the reviews!

4Ciphers and Seals Empty Re: Ciphers and Seals Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:07 am

Suna no Kai

Suna no Kai
D-rank missing ninja
D-rank missing ninja

Under Review

Blinding Heaven - Duration is needed, and since this one is maintainable, you should state that this Jutsu requires a Chakra Upkeep.

Through the Veil & The Garden - Both sound like Space/Time Jutsu, which are banned on this site.

All others approved unless stated otherwise.

5Ciphers and Seals Empty Re: Ciphers and Seals Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:42 am

Kokoro Gishiki

Kokoro Gishiki
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Blinding Heaven: Fiddled with it a bit, made it an active light source rather than passive, gave it a cost  per post. I think that's what you were wanting in the duration department? Unless you meant the actual seal itself, in which case it's 'dormant' state just lasts until someone takes it off, which I also included in there.

Oh and I changed the name, just fyi. ^^

So should I remove Through the Veil and The Garden? They are time/space-y, like a summoning jutsu I guess, but seals tend to be time/space like, in some capacity, in general. I could try explaining it better if it was unclear?

I thank you once more!

6Ciphers and Seals Empty Re: Ciphers and Seals Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:50 pm

Suna no Kai

Suna no Kai
D-rank missing ninja
D-rank missing ninja

Under Review

Face of Radiance - Approved, unless stated otherwise.

Through the Veil and The Garden - Further detail isn't needed since I get the gist of the Jutsu. And I understand that some seals may have some space/time capacity, those seals wouldn't be approved on this site due to it being banned. The only exception being the summoning jutsu. If needed, we can get a second opinion.

7Ciphers and Seals Empty Re: Ciphers and Seals Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:54 pm

Kokoro Gishiki

Kokoro Gishiki
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Fair enough! I may tinker with them some more in the future and see if I can't get an alternative concept of them or something, but they have been removed.

Thank you!

8Ciphers and Seals Empty Re: Ciphers and Seals Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:56 pm

Suna no Kai

Suna no Kai
D-rank missing ninja
D-rank missing ninja

Approved

9Ciphers and Seals Empty Re: Ciphers and Seals Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:47 am

Sato

Sato

User is no longer active so this is now Archived.

http://www.narutonexusrp.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum