Takigakure

Concerns of One Handed Ninjutsu Seals Pixel

Our button

All other rights go to Naruto© Creator: Masashi Kishimoto

You are not connected. Please login or register

Concerns of One Handed Ninjutsu Seals

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Concerns of One Handed Ninjutsu Seals Empty Concerns of One Handed Ninjutsu Seals Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:32 am

Oboro

In regarding of the Ninjutsu mastery perks of one handed seal signing, the specifications are really vague and I feel as if they should be touched up on.

Firstly, you have to spend exactly 3k Ryo on the element to have the seal. "No more, no less." No less I would understand but if I spend 3100 Ryo on the element, I can no longer use it.

Secondly, why can't we train to receive one hand sealing as well? It would actually make more sense to train and receive it than to buy it. With the current system, you're forced to spend Ryo rather than learn it

Third, the ability to one hand sign doesn't vary based on the elemental style in canon. It shouldn't vary and should be a learned and done kinda thing.

Fourth, the rule doesn't specify non-elemental Jutsu such as body flicker. This leaves a broad opening. Does this mean non elemental Jutsu you can hand sign for free? Or can you not one hand seal them at all? It wouldn't be fair to people who make their own style to be unable to use their hard earned Ninjutsu mastery for. Take Katsuro's beard style or Oboro's Bungee Gomu style. What is preventing them from doing one hand seals?

V

V
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin

In regarding of the Ninjutsu mastery perks of one handed seal signing, the specifications are really vague and I feel as if they should be touched up on.

Firstly, you have to spend exactly 3k Ryo on the element to have the seal. "No more, no less." No less I would understand but if I spend 3100 Ryo on the element, I can no longer use it.
You have to spend exactly 3000 ryo to use one-handed seals for a particular element. The no more or less part was probably placed there to not only discourage people from arguing against the high price, but also just to tell them that's literally all they have to pay.

Secondly, why can't we train to receive one hand sealing as well? It would actually make more sense to train and receive it than to buy it. With the current system, you're forced to spend Ryo rather than learn it
No. One-handed seal casting is a rare ability in the series, and should exist as a perk, and therefore should cost ryo. I'd argue it makes more sense to purchase that perk to do one-handed seals, rather than have people doing training topics either doing one-handed seals for their jutsus or mastering the art of one-handed seals itself when buying the perk should cover the need for training. Do remember that this is a perk that we allow, and we can also not allow it at all. Although in-canon one would obviously have to learn and do it, in this RPG, it is much more LOGICAL to me to allow everybody the opportunity to purchase the ability, rather than allow everybody the opportunity to learn it through WC, under the general premise that WC is more easily done than moneh.

Fourth, the rule doesn't specify non-elemental Jutsu such as body flicker. This leaves a broad opening. Does this mean non elemental Jutsu you can hand sign for free? Or can you not one hand seal them at all? It wouldn't be fair to people who make their own style to be unable to use their hard earned Ninjutsu mastery for. Take Katsuro's beard style or Oboro's Bungee Gomu style. What is preventing them from doing one hand seals?
Except Body Flicker requires the Ram handseal not only on here, but also by official information from either the manga or databook.

We also allow 'Technique specific seals" on this site, meaning one-handed seals can indeed be used for canon techniques.

Although I see reason in that one-handed seals should be extended to all Ninjutsu, I disagree about your comment regarding fairness. People creating their own custom non-elemental Ninjutsu techniques may still have elements. If they choose not to do one-handed seals for those elements, then that is their choice. I think having that customized "style" of techniques creates greater versatility (since they can still use elemental jutsus to its fullest) that is balanced out by not being able to do one-handed seals. At the same time, people who don't have elements but do have their own custom Ninjutsu style should know that they will be sacrificing the ability to do one-handed seals, especially since they're getting an extra CS point from it, which in our founder, Sato's own words, are "very huge" in the first place when compared to ryo and jutsus.

And no, I don't see a clear disadvantage argument when you're comparing people who can do one-handed seals for a particular element against people who can't do them at all. One handed seals are advantageous in that they allow the use of Ninjutsu even if one hand is missing or preoccupied, as well as allowing more coveted execution of seals. But is a minor factor in determining the victor in battles and honestly, its efficacy varies from person to person.

Oboro

You have to spend exactly 3000 ryo to use one-handed seals for a particular element. The no more or less part was probably placed there to not only discourage people from arguing against the high price, but also just to tell them that's literally all they have to pay.

The way that it's written means that should you spend any more than 3k Ryo, you're unable to do one handed seals. Hence the "no more" part. I understand what you're saying but I still feel as if it can be worded much better.

No. One-handed seal casting is a rare ability in the series, and should exist as a perk, and therefore should cost ryo. I'd argue it makes more sense to purchase that perk to do one-handed seals, rather than have people doing training topics either doing one-handed seals for their jutsus or mastering the art of one-handed seals itself when buying the perk should cover the need for training. Do remember that this is a perk that we allow, and we can also not allow it at all. Although in-canon one would obviously have to learn and do it, in this RPG, it is much more LOGICAL to me to allow everybody the opportunity to purchase the ability, rather than allow everybody the opportunity to learn it through WC, under the general premise that WC is more easily done than moneh.

While its rare, anyone and everyone has the potential to learn it. Most just don't fully utilize it. With the nature of wishing to promote RP, I understand forcing us to purchase it. However, the learning of the ability doesn't apply to specific elements but on how to make the seals with one hand. Why would you be unable to perform the same hand seals with a different element, especially considering all Jutsu are comprised of the same twelve hand signs.

Except Body Flicker requires the Ram handseal not only on here, but also by official information from either the manga or databook.

We also allow 'Technique specific seals" on this site, meaning one-handed seals can indeed be used for canon techniques.

Even though its canon and requires a hand seal, what prevents you from using one hand to make that seal. Haku cycled through the majority of the twelve common hand signs while doing his one handed techs.

Although I see reason in that one-handed seals should be extended to all Ninjutsu, I disagree about your comment regarding fairness. People creating their own custom non-elemental Ninjutsu techniques may still have elements. If they choose not to do one-handed seals for those elements, then that is their choice. I think having that customized "style" of techniques creates greater versatility (since they can still use elemental jutsus to its fullest) that is balanced out by not being able to do one-handed seals. At the same time, people who don't have elements but do have their own custom Ninjutsu style should know that they will be sacrificing the ability to do one-handed seals, especially since they're getting an extra CS point from it, which in our founder, Sato's own words, are "very huge" in the first place when compared to ryo and jutsus.

From what I've seen, only Uchiha are forced to start with an element. This I understand due to perks of being Uchiha. However, this leaves other clans open to getting that CS as well as advanced elements. Because these advanced elements have the potential to be done with one hand seals, it leaves people who have to create a fighting style out to dry. We have no element creation leaving the non specified elements to go towards KKG. However, something such as Bungee Gomu and Beard style that can be learned by everyone (making it inferior to advanced techs) is further hindered by the inability to do the Jutsu with only one hand.

And no, I don't see a clear disadvantage argument when you're comparing people who can do one-handed seals for a particular element against people who can't do them at all. One handed seals are advantageous in that they allow the use of Ninjutsu even if one hand is missing or preoccupied, as well as allowing more coveted execution of seals. But is a minor factor in determining the victor in battles and honestly, its efficacy varies from person to person.

I disagree completely. The ability to create two Jutsu at once defeats creating one at a time any day.

V

V
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin

While its rare, anyone and everyone has the potential to learn it. Most just don't fully utilize it. With the nature of wishing to promote RP, I understand forcing us to purchase it. However, the learning of the ability doesn't apply to specific elements but on how to make the seals with one hand. Why would you be unable to perform the same hand seals with a different element, especially considering all Jutsu are comprised of the same twelve hand signs.
Not really. I don't think it's something that can be learned by everybody per say. Traditionally, you must weave handseals to manipulate chakra, but to do it without the proper form for handseals is something displayed only by two people - Haku and Minato, both of whom have pretty much shown to be natural geniuses. This does say something about how manipulating chakra without a proper form of hand seals is something that is indeed RARE (not... Haki rare if you watch One Piece) in the series, and does suggest that genetic predeposition has something in determining whether you get it or not, hence I don't see learning or training the art as a viable method.

We're not forcing you to RP at all just to get it... this is just a perk that is being offered. But we're saying if you want it, you pay a high price and only for certain areas. None of the current staff placed this perk. I'm just playing a bit conservative just cuz. I see reason in what you're saying (and wish more opinions would support yer)

Even though its canon and requires a hand seal, what prevents you from using one hand to make that seal. Haku cycled through the majority of the twelve common hand signs while doing his one handed techs.
I have no idea what you're asking. If it's a canonical jutsu that requires a handseal, then chances are that it'll be filled out with a proper hand seal in the Hand Seals section. On the off hand, if it's performed with a one-handed seal, then you only need to do that one-handed seal (this is usually the Seal of Confrontation).

From what I've seen, only Uchiha are forced to start with an element. This I understand due to perks of being Uchiha. However, this leaves other clans open to getting that CS as well as advanced elements. Because these advanced elements have the potential to be done with one hand seals, it leaves people who have to create a fighting style out to dry. We have no element creation leaving the non specified elements to go towards KKG. However, something such as Bungee Gomu and Beard style that can be learned by everyone (making it inferior to advanced techs) is further hindered by the inability to do the Jutsu with only one hand.
I don't see why you're being worried you can't do one-handed seals with your customized Ninjutsu, but nevertheless - get more supportz.

I disagree completely. The ability to create two Jutsu at once defeats creating one at a time any day.
Excuse me?

5Concerns of One Handed Ninjutsu Seals Empty Re: Concerns of One Handed Ninjutsu Seals Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:33 pm

Oboro

If anyone supports slight alteration of this ruling at all, please post below

6Concerns of One Handed Ninjutsu Seals Empty Re: Concerns of One Handed Ninjutsu Seals Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:25 am

Katsuro

Katsuro

I think Non-elemental Ninjutsu should get One-Handed seals.

Akira

Akira

Aki agrees with this.

Kazimir

Kazimir
Kumo Anbu
Kumo Anbu

Why? The first instance of using one-handed seals was with an advanced elemental kekkei genkai ninjutsu.

Oboro

Just because it was first seen by a Kekkei Genkai user, that doesn't mean it cannot be learned by others. The canon states its not a KKG. Haku was just the first ANBU member we saw

10Concerns of One Handed Ninjutsu Seals Empty Re: Concerns of One Handed Ninjutsu Seals Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:49 am

Kazimir

Kazimir
Kumo Anbu
Kumo Anbu

Oboro wrote:Just because it was first seen by a Kekkei Genkai user, that doesn't mean it cannot be learned by others. The canon states its not a KKG. Haku was just the first ANBU member we saw

My question was referred to Katsuro's gesture but i realized he meant that they should include non-elemental ninjutsu as well. My bad~

11Concerns of One Handed Ninjutsu Seals Empty Re: Concerns of One Handed Ninjutsu Seals Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:53 am

Oboro

Does that mean you support it?

12Concerns of One Handed Ninjutsu Seals Empty Re: Concerns of One Handed Ninjutsu Seals Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:55 am

Kazimir

Kazimir
Kumo Anbu
Kumo Anbu

Yes, of course.

13Concerns of One Handed Ninjutsu Seals Empty Re: Concerns of One Handed Ninjutsu Seals Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:57 am

Oboro

Why thank you all for the support ^^

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum