Holy Book of Seals 73m2

Name: Thirty Silver Pieces
Type: Fuinjutsu
Used For: Supplementary  
Element: N/A
Range: Touch
Duration: Until removed
Hand Seals/Charge up: Place seal on target
Description: A small, circular seal with an appearance little more than a slightly lighter, discolored area of whatever it should be place upon, this seal is meant to be placed on one that the user wishes to track. Once upon a target, the seal will multiply, dropping duplicate seals off the body of the wearer and onto any nearby surface that he or she touches. In general, the seal will create a copy every 15m or about every minute [2-3 posts]. These duplicated seals appear exactly as the original, a circle of light discoloration on a surface, and are crafted from the chakra of the wearer. Thus, the original seal drains a C rank’s worth of chakra [no reduction] every time it creates a new seal, though it draws upon the wearer over the course of the duplication, making the drain difficult to feel or pinpoint. Each instance of the seal will release a small, negligible amount of the wear’s chakra, allowing a person to with the appropriate abilities in sensory skills to track someone afflicted by the seal. While this chakra trail remains small and subtle, a person who knows this technique will find it simple to locate the "trace".
Weakness: Must be covertly placed upon a target to be effective. Adept or higher sensor ninjas can, with some concentration, locate the trail of seals. Seals do not discriminate, as in anyone with the appropriate skills can track a person who has this. Can be removed by medical shinobi [Adept or higher] with the appropriate jutsu once located.

Holy Book of Seals 73m2

Name: Burning Voice on the Mountain
Used For: Offensive
Duration: N/A
Hand Seals/Charge up: 2 seals, 1 for detonation
Description: A technique borrowing upon the concept of the exploding tag, a staple tool used by shinobi far and wide, this ability allows the user to focus and channel chakra onto a surface, mimicking the sealing formula present on these weapons and allowing the creator to create tactical explosions. Simple in practice, this ability allows the user to set up interesting traps. When detonated, the seals explode with the same force as a traditional exploding tag, releasing a concussive and destructive burst of chakra to accomplish such a feat.
Weakness: Seal must be place prior to using. Seal is visibly apparent and can be seen by anyone. The seal is destroyed once detonated.

Holy Book of Seals 73m2

Name: Muzzle the Ox, Tread the Corn
Used For: Defensive  
Range: Self (must be in contact with seal)
Duration: Until activated; instant upon activation
Hand Seals/Charge up: Physical contact with the seal
Description: An offensive variant of the generic, widespread sealing technique used to seal weaponry and items, this seal looks nearly identical to the aforementioned seal, though is generally a bit larger and incorporates a few additional formulas crafted into the sealing pattern. Intended for rapid defensive uses, this allows the user to bring a weapon, usually that of an opponent’s, into contact with the seal and instantly seal it away. When used against opponents who rely heavily upon their weaponry, this technique can prove both a nasty surprise and a useful stripping of the opponent’s main method of offense.
Weakness: Must be written prior to use. Seal contains the same capacity for sealing as medium sized scroll and any items sealed within can be withdrawn by anyone capable of using Generic Sealing. Must know Generic Sealing. Cannot seal S rank weapons.

Holy Book of Seals 73m2

Name: Knowledge of Good and Evil
Range: Self/single target
Description: A small seal, only an inch in diameter and bearing the appearance of a black, stylized apple, this formula, once applied to a victim, begins to rapidly grow, winding about the afflicted’s body in a massive tangle of vine-like lines of type, rapidly covering him or her in a body-wide collection of seals [1 post]. These seals attract to one another with a prodigious force, forcing the target into a cramped, compacted position from which little to no physical action can be taken and a great deal of pain is imparted upon the wearer. Those capable of astounding physical feats [taijutsu masters] will find resisting the seal possible, though the effort required to struggle against the attractive force between the lines of the seal is so difficult that resistance is almost always futile and will invariably slow the bearer of the seal significantly.

Particularly insidious on the part of the seal, the inclusion of a multiplicative formula presents further danger to any potential allies of anyone unfortunate enough to find him or herself bound by this knowledge. Upon physical contact with the seal, the formula will spread, sapping a B rank amount of chakra from the wearer [no deductions] and placing another same small, stylized apple upon the flesh of whoever touches the original victim. From here, the process begins again, swiftly and viciously entrapping another victim.
Weakness: Requires physical contact. Restraining effects of the seal can be fought against. Does not prevent chakra flow. Medic shinobi [Master] can remove the seal, though can still suffer from its jumping effect.

Last edited by Kokoro Gishiki on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:51 am; edited 9 times in total

2Holy Book of Seals Empty Re: Holy Book of Seals Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Sanroku

Sanroku
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Description: A small, circular seal with an appearance little more than a slightly lighter, discolored area of whatever it should be place upon, this seal is meant to be placed on one that the user wishes to track. Once upon a target, the seal will multiply, dropping duplicate seals off the body of the wearer and onto any nearby surface that he or she touches. In general, the seal will create a copy every 15m or about every minute [2-3 posts]. These duplicated seals appear exactly as the original, a circle of light discoloration on a surface, and are crafted from the chakra of the wearer. Thus, the original seal drains a C rank’s worth of chakra [no reduction] every time it creates a new seal, though it draws upon the wearer over the course of the duplication, making the drain difficult to feel or pinpoint. Each instance of the seal will release a small, negligible amount of the wear’s chakra, allowing a person to with the appropriate abilities in sensory skills to track someone afflicted by the seal. While this chakra trail remains small and subtle, a person who knows this technique will find it simple to locate the scent.
Weakness: Must be covertly placed upon a target to be effective. Adept or higher sensor ninjas can, with some concentration, locate the trail of seals. Seals do not discriminate, as in anyone with the appropriate skills can track a person who has this.

1. I dont really understand how this seal works. I mean I understand it to a certain degree but then you loose me. For example, I understand the fact that you can covertly place this tag on someone and while they are unaware of it, it can leave traces of the mark. Something like scouts do when they mark the trees in order to not get lost in their travels in the woods. This is where it got tricky for me... You can explain endlessly that this seal takes a C-rank amount chakra from the user in order to perform its ability, yet it has no reduction? If you mean that the seal takes chakra for PLOT purposes in order to make the technique 'work' efficiently and then on the next combat post it does not have any effect to the bearers chakra, then you have to be more specific and instead dont give an amount to the chakra it takes and say it takes a little. With that being said, you wont be able to use this technique in combat to drain chakra. Besides that if the seal drains a C-rank amount of chakra every so often, i'm pretty sure everyone will be able to feel their chakra being drained, although if its just like a small 'leech' with no real effect then maybe it can pass for only sensors to notice [or any other means like you put it].

2. This kind of confused me a bit but im sure it was a minor mistake. But you wrote 'scent' at the end there and throughout the description I read nothing about your seal leaving a certain smell behind of some sort.

Description: A technique borrowing upon the concept of the exploding tag, a staple tool used by shinobi far and wide, this ability allows the user to focus and channel chakra onto a surface, mimicking the sealing formula present on these weapons and allowing the creator to create tactical explosions. Simple in practice, this ability allows the user to set up interesting traps. When detonated, the seals explode with the same force as a traditional exploding tag.
Weakness: Seal must be place prior to using. Seal cannot be placed on flesh. Seal is visibly apparent and can be seen by anyone. The seal is destroyed once detonated.

Since explosion implies a fiery burst, then you should either make this a fire technique as well and if you dont have fire as an element than I can suggest describing the explosion as an explosion made of chakra. Thus blue or something in nature. *Nothing really wrong with this technique though, I just think people will see this and then anyone with Fuuinjutsu will become an Explosion Release shinobi lol

Range: Length of the seal (~5m max)
Description: An offensive variant of the generic, widespread sealing technique used to seal weaponry and items, this seal looks nearly identical to the aforementioned seal, though is generally a bit larger and incorporates a few additional formulas crafted into the sealing pattern. Intended for rapid defensive uses, this allows the user to bring a weapon, usually that of an opponent’s, into contact with the seal and instantly seal it away. When used against opponents who rely heavily upon their weaponry, this technique can prove both a nasty surprise and a useful stripping of the opponent’s main method of offense. Unlike the traditional seal used for storing objects, this seal can store only a singular weapon before becoming full.
Weakness: Must be written prior to use. Seal can only contain 1 weapon which can be withdrawn by anyone capable of using Generic Sealing.

The Sealing object has to be described, even if it is by rank. Since I doubt this Seal will seal the Adamantine Staff or any other weapon that has a unique and special power to it [or a huge summons weapon]. Maybe you can mention that it has to be a C-rank weapon or below.

Name: To Dust
Range: Varies (20m maximum diameter)
Duration: Until activated; up to 1 post once activated
Hand Seals/Charge up: Draw the seal; run chakra though seal or form 1 seal to active
Description:  A round seal of pure black, formed by an outer permitted with lines upon lines of text swirling inward to an infinitesimal point at the center, this seal functions to suck in any and every thing on the outer side of the seal once activated. As chakra awakens the seal, the lines of text connecting the outer edge and inner point spin and bleed together, turning the entire seal pitch black and making it look as though it is violently rotating. Anything resting upon the surface of the seal when activated will simply fall into it while anything in a close proximity will be powerfully sucked in. This absorption will continue until manually stopped by the user or after one post. Upon completion, the seal ‘closes,’ its spinning ceasing, and lies as a dormant, black circle before ultimately dissolving away.
Weakness: Each seal can be used only once. Affects only one side of the seal. Can potentially harm the user or his allies.

I dont know what the rules on 'Black Holes' are but either way, this also needs a description to what can be sealed in as well as how much can be sealed in. This sounds like you can throw it in the middle of a Kage Summit and have all of the Kage's sealed near instantly. lmfao

Description: A small seal, only an inch in diameter and bearing the appearance of a black, stylized apple, this formula, once applied to a victim, begins to rapidly grow, winding about the afflicted’s body in a massive tangle of vine-like lines of type, rapidly covering him or her in a body-wide collection of seals [1 post]. These seals attract to one another with a prodigious force, forcing the target into a cramped, compacted position from which little to no physical action can be taken and a great deal of pain is imparted upon the wearer. Those capable of astounding physical feats [taijutsu masters] will find resisting the seal possible, though the effort required to struggle against the attractive force between the lines of the seal is so difficult that resistance is almost always futile and will invariably slow bearer of the seal significantly.

Particularly insidious on the part of the seal, the inclusion of a multiplicative formula presents further danger to any potential allies of anyone unfortunate enough to find him or herself bound by this knowledge. Upon physical contact with the seal, the formula will spread, sapping a B rank amount of chakra from the wearing [no deductions] and placing another same small, stylized apple upon the flesh of whoever touches the original victim. From here, the process begins again, swiftly and viciously entrapping another victim.
Weakness: Requires physical contact. Restraining effects of the seal can be fought against. Does not prevent chakra flow.

1. So a 'Taijutsu Master can resist' this, yet while resisting the seal will get tighter thus 'resistance is futile.' Change this PLEASE lol Also, even if you edited this, with the way you wrote this is seems like the only way to be released from this is by knowing Taijutsu. So you will have to create more weaknesses or at least another that can make it possible for others to get freed.

2. This jutsu in itself is a Lasting jutsu, so add in the Duration area that you have to spend chakra in order to keep it active. All that aspect about the Seal being able to get another shinobi if they touch it, again I dont understand where the non-deducted B-rank is coming from, but because it is most likely going to be in combat, it has to come from somewhere. So this aspect makes it even MORE of lasting jutsu-type.

3Holy Book of Seals Empty Re: Holy Book of Seals Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:14 am

Kokoro Gishiki

Kokoro Gishiki
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

• Thirty Pieces of Silver Ok, gonna try and hit everything here. I’ll explain the jutsu and then address some misconceptions, in that order.

1. The seal is place on someone, or something I suppose it you wanted to place in on someone’s pet. The seal, basically, makes it easier to track said person or creature, as you said (I can expand on this more if need be).

For chakra cost, it costs a C rank amount for the user, being a C rank technique, and it benefits from reduction as long as someone has the appropriate skills (fuinjutsu user). That is for the placement of the seal. The seal, once placed, is active, allowing not only easier tracking but also its multiplicative powers. The seal will periodically create a copy of itself and place it on a nearby surface touched by the person wearing the seal. This creates the “trail” that a person using the jutsu can track. Essentially, the seal is, at this point, placing, or, moreover, re-placing, itself, so it has a cost. That’s where the additional costs come from, and naturally, it’s drawn from whoever wears the seal. I hope this clarifies.

I remain unclear as to what you mean by “If you mean that the seal takes chakra for PLOT purposes in order to make the technique 'work' efficiently…” so I cannot adequately address these concerns other than saying: no, the chakra drain is not intended as added “fluff” or anything like that.

Finally, yes, the seal drains a C rank amount of chakra every so often. It also drains it at a constant pace and in slow increments. So, over the course of the 2-3 posts or the 15ish meters it make take to create a new seal, it slowly drains the chakra evenly throughout this time period. So yes, people could feel it. A sensor paying close attention to their own chakra reserves would be able to notice not only the drain but the seal itself. A normal shinobi? Unlikely, though still possible, particularly at the outset. After a few duplications, anyone would notice that they feel notably weaker, sure, but how sensitive are non-sensors to their own chakra systems? And how often does someone examine their own chakra system? And how frequently does a person count their chakra pool. Again, I am not and have not ever said it cannot be noticed, just that it is difficult.

I think that, overall, there was some confusion and crossed wires over the difference between the person who places the seal and the “wearer” or the seal. While the can be the same person, they do not need to be.

2. It was not a mistake, simply a figure of speech. I used “scent” instead of “seal” or something like “chakra trail” to avoid redundancy/make it look and flow better. It’s purely superfluous and there isn’t any olfactory sensing involved. I can and will remove this if necessary.

• Burning Voice on the Mountain Edit. It’s still the same jutsu, but now it specifies that it’s a chakra explosion. I think that’s what you were getting at?

• Muzzle the Ox, Tread the Corn Ok, so do you want me to state the rank of weapons it can seal and that’s it? Or should I limit it by size? Obviously it can’t seal super massive summon weapons, but “unique” weapons, other than those that, for whatever reason, can’t be sealed, really shouldn’t matter that much. Just because something can absorb chakra or expand doesn’t mean it can’t be stored.

If you want a rank-like system of what can and cannot be sealed, what rank are standard ninja tools, like kunai and senbon? And if this is the case I’ll probably have to significantly alter the technique. If by size, that’s pretty easily included. Either way, just tell me what you think/want and I’ll try and work around it.

• To Dust To the extent of my limited knowledge, there’s no mention of ‘Black Holes’ anywhere on the forum. But… yes? I mean, if by some miracle you can manage to find out where the Kage summit is IC, booby trap the whole place, be near enough the seal to activated, and still manage to completely avoid detection both on your part and the part of the seal, I’m thinking the Kage’s probably deserve to be sealed. All that aside, the seal isn’t a black hole; the suction can be escaped. So… I hope that helps?

• Knowledge of Good and Evil

1. A tai master can resist this, yes. No, the seal does not tighten more the more a person struggles against it; the attractive force is constant. However, having to constantly struggle against your every muscle is not only amazingly difficult, it will exhaust a person quickly and will slow them down. Resistance is not immediately futile, but ultimately will be should the seal not be removed. As for the removal of the seal, no, taijutsu does not and cannot remove it. It’s removed the same way other seals are removed. Taijutsu just allows someone to effectively fight against the seal while still afflicted by it.

2. All of these are “lasting” insofar as the seals last until activated. Generally, that’s the nature of how seals work. The B rank chakra drain on creation of a second seal is the same as in Thirty Pieces of Silver, so feel free to reference that once more. Basically, when the seal “infects” someone else, it is re-placed, so there is, as you said, a cost. The chakra has to come from somewhere. It, again, comes from the wearer.

I hope that answered everything and clears up some of the gray areas. And thank you so much for your review!

4Holy Book of Seals Empty Re: Holy Book of Seals Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:31 am

Sanroku

Sanroku
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Thirty Pieces of Silver Ok, gonna try and hit everything here. I’ll explain the jutsu and then address some misconceptions, in that order.

1. The seal is place on someone, or something I suppose it you wanted to place in on someone’s pet. The seal, basically, makes it easier to track said person or creature, as you said (I can expand on this more if need be).

I understand this and you just repeated what I said. You have it clear enough on your description.

For chakra cost, it costs a C rank amount for the user, being a C rank technique, and it benefits from reduction as long as someone has the appropriate skills (fuinjutsu user). That is for the placement of the seal. The seal, once placed, is active, allowing not only easier tracking but also its multiplicative powers. The seal will periodically create a copy of itself and place it on a nearby surface touched by the person wearing the seal. This creates the “trail” that a person using the jutsu can track. Essentially, the seal is, at this point, placing, or, moreover, re-placing, itself, so it has a cost. That’s where the additional costs come from, and naturally, it’s drawn from whoever wears the seal. I hope this clarifies.

I also understand what you meant and again you are repeating what I said. My REAL question is, why are you going to write that it takes a C-rank amount of chakra when it will only take the chakra OOC. When the user of the seal [the target] gets into combat after all of this shenanigans, what is of their chakra pool? If it is normal. Then you have no reason to say that it takes away a C-rank amount of chakra.

I remain unclear as to what you mean by “If you mean that the seal takes chakra for PLOT purposes in order to make the technique 'work' efficiently…” so I cannot adequately address these concerns other than saying: no, the chakra drain is not intended as added “fluff” or anything like that.

The top reason is what I mean. If the seal is draining chakra and then the user of the seal [the target] gets into combat with no effect to his chakra pool, then your technique was only taking chakra for Storyline/Plot purposes since it had no 'real' effect.

Finally, yes, the seal drains a C rank amount of chakra every so often. It also drains it at a constant pace and in slow increments. So, over the course of the 2-3 posts or the 15ish meters it make take to create a new seal, it slowly drains the chakra evenly throughout this time period. So yes, people could feel it. A sensor paying close attention to their own chakra reserves would be able to notice not only the drain but the seal itself. A normal shinobi? Unlikely, though still possible, particularly at the outset. After a few duplications, anyone would notice that they feel notably weaker, sure, but how sensitive are non-sensors to their own chakra systems? And how often does someone examine their own chakra system? And how frequently does a person count their chakra pool. Again, I am not and have not ever said it cannot be noticed, just that it is difficult.

I think you are confused to what the concept of Chakra is. Chakra itself is spiritual energy that comes from the persons physical body. I.e Their stamina, life energy etc stems from this concept. EVERYONE has the ability to tap into their own reserves. Sensors have the ability to tap into another persons. But everyone that is a shinobi knows when they are running low on chakra as well as when they have a lot, even when they have a moderate amount. Most shinobi go as far as to even know exactly how much times they can perform a specific jutsu or a combination of jutsus with or without getting tired. In short, it is not only 'sensors who play close attention to their own chakra pool' that notice their capabilities. With that being said, I wanted you to go about creating it yourself but honestly speaking, the only shinobi I can see you putting this on without them feeling a C-rank amount of chakra coming out is A and S ranked shinobi. Because if you look at the Chakra system, if you take 25 Chakra out of a Genins 120, I am certainly positive that they will feel 1/5 of their chakra drained as soon as it happens. So YEA edit this my friend.

I think that, overall, there was some confusion and crossed wires over the difference between the person who places the seal and the “wearer” or the seal. While the can be the same person, they do not need to be.

I assure you. This is certainly not the confusion.

2. It was not a mistake, simply a figure of speech. I used “scent” instead of “seal” or something like “chakra trail” to avoid redundancy/make it look and flow better. It’s purely superfluous and there isn’t any olfactory sensing involved. I can and will remove this if necessary.

Figure of speech or not, someone [like me] can take this very literal and think you have some type of super olfactory skill where you can smell your chakra. I had to read it over to make sure this wasn't the case. Say 'trace' since it will be literal plus eliminate any redundancy.

Burning Voice on the Mountain Edit. It’s still the same jutsu, but now it specifies that it’s a chakra explosion. I think that’s what you were getting at?

Yes that's what I was saying. So this is good and I like the technique as well.

Muzzle the Ox, Tread the Corn Ok, so do you want me to state the rank of weapons it can seal and that’s it? Or should I limit it by size? Obviously it can’t seal super massive summon weapons, but “unique” weapons, other than those that, for whatever reason, can’t be sealed, really shouldn’t matter that much. Just because something can absorb chakra or expand doesn’t mean it can’t be stored.

If you want a rank-like system of what can and cannot be sealed, what rank are standard ninja tools, like kunai and senbon? And if this is the case I’ll probably have to significantly alter the technique. If by size, that’s pretty easily included. Either way, just tell me what you think/want and I’ll try and work around it.

Standard ninja tools are E-rank weapons if Im not mistaken [although with logical lethality] and for your seal, to make it more of a 'realistic' technique, you should give it both. A rank and a Size limit.

To Dust To the extent of my limited knowledge, there’s no mention of ‘Black Holes’ anywhere on the forum. But… yes? I mean, if by some miracle you can manage to find out where the Kage summit is IC, booby trap the whole place, be near enough the seal to activated, and still manage to completely avoid detection both on your part and the part of the seal, I’m thinking the Kage’s probably deserve to be sealed. All that aside, the seal isn’t a black hole; the suction can be escaped. So… I hope that helps?

The reason I mention the Black Hole is because the Black Hole is gravity prone and thus 'all mighty pushish' or whatever that Rennegan tech is that gathers everything into that 'little black dot.' So now onto the over powerdness of this technique. Why are you making it sound like you should be rewarded with an OP technique if you do what you managed to say? It doesnt matter if you sneak in there undetected or if you are a super spy, they wont 'deserve' to be sealed by a little B-rank seal when they are all actively aware and S-rank ninjas. I love how you say 'the suction can be escaped' yet in your description it says, "Anything resting upon the surface of the seal when activated will simply fall into it while anything in a close proximity will be powerfully sucked in." Seeing as it has a 20 meter range, I dont see how it will be easy to get away from its 'close proximity' and nothing about escaping or being able to escape with an X amount of Strength or chakra is mentioned. With all that being said, I am not buying the fact that this seal can seal a whole bunch of everything without any true drawback. That is some S-rank technique brother. Like you say, the suction doesnt stop until you stop it after one post. Meaning, that seal can devour a whole 20m sq. house if thrown at the base of it. You can also get multiple shinobis in this im guessing. So even if a whole army is in that seal it can still keep taking? Hope I made it clear enough to why this needs a limit, since it is farr to OP to be a mere B-rank technique if you can just take anything around in.

Knowledge of Good and Evil

1. A tai master can resist this, yes. No, the seal does not tighten more the more a person struggles against it; the attractive force is constant. However, having to constantly struggle against your every muscle is not only amazingly difficult, it will exhaust a person quickly and will slow them down. Resistance is not immediately futile, but ultimately will be should the seal not be removed. As for the removal of the seal, no, taijutsu does not and cannot remove it. It’s removed the same way other seals are removed. Taijutsu just allows someone to effectively fight against the seal while still afflicted by it.

2. All of these are “lasting” insofar as the seals last until activated. Generally, that’s the nature of how seals work. The B rank chakra drain on creation of a second seal is the same as in Thirty Pieces of Silver, so feel free to reference that once more. Basically, when the seal “infects” someone else, it is re-placed, so there is, as you said, a cost. The chakra has to come from somewhere. It, again, comes from the wearer.

1. Well then this technique is worst then I thought. DENIED until edited my friend. I refuse to have a seal in this game that is only able to be removed by other Fuuinjutsu artists. Not even that, but on an S-rank seal I can almost understand it to some degree. But even then, a weakness has to be created for shinobi without that specialty to be able to destroy it/remove it.

2. The thing about lasting jutsus and seals are, Lasting Jutsus are always having chakra seeped into it in order to make it work. Seal, have chakra already sealed into it, and thus is only used either when sealing or unsealing. So no, not all of these are lasting jutsus per say. Generally, THAT is the true nature of how seals work.

It obviously does not drain chakra the same way as your first technique. Your first technique, I was emphasizing a lot that it is a technique utilized for Plot purposes i.e storyline tracking, only because I know you are not going to use it in battle, or at least I hope you are not. This one in the other hand is purely combat related and is only going to drain chakra while in combat. Thus you can't state, and I quote, "sapping a B rank amount of chakra from the wearing [no deductions]" BECAUSE i repeat, if there is no deduction then the chakra IS coming from nowhere and that is a no no. As for the Travel Plot related technique, then that one can take a C-rank amount of chakra but as you put it w/ "no reduction" since it wont be in battle and thus have no effect when the wearer get into battle.

5Holy Book of Seals Empty Re: Holy Book of Seals Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:41 am

Kokoro Gishiki

Kokoro Gishiki
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Dang, let’s just throw civility out the window.

• Thirty Pieces of Silver

1. If your “REAL” question is ‘where does the chakra come from’ then just say that rather than saying you don’t understand how this seal works. For the purpose of the duplication, it comes from the wearer, but, for additional information as to what might be the root of the problem (I hope at least ^^), look below at Knowledge of Good and Evil!

For people’s ability to notice it, they can. Again. Yes, genin would probably find it more apparent. Yes, A and S rank ninja would likely find it more difficult, the drain being less relative to their entire chakra pool. Yes, I was aware of this when making it. And no, I don’t (and never did) honestly expect a single person to not immediately notice the chakra drain, even if it were an E rank drain. And yes, I’m aware that everyone, not just sensors, are capable of introspection in regards to their chakra reserves. That doesn’t mean everyone (anyone) actually does that. I didn’t even say sensors do this. I can go farther into this if you would like, but I don’t really think it’s necessary.

P.S. I’m so happy that the difference in “wearer” and “user” was certainly not a problem! I certainly wouldn’t want simple oversights like that to occlude our discourse. Thanks for assuring me of this.

2. Figures of speech are a no-no: check. Thanks for the heads up!

• Burning Voice on the Mountain

Sweet! And thanks! This is good then, yeah?

• Muzzle the Ox, Tread the Corn

Honestly I’ll probably just address this after the larger points of contention are sorted out, if that’s all the same? Additionally… where do we stand, site wise, on Generic Sealing Technique? And how, exactly, does the weapon ranking system work here? Is it ranked by size? Lethality? Durability? Uniqueness and rarity?

• To Dust

I would prefer that we don’t liken this to Chibaku Tensei if that’d be all right; it is not intened to be anything like that and if it comes across as similar I would be more than happy to alter the wording, or even coloration if need be, to properly differentiate the two.

As for being “rewarded with an OP technique if you do what you managed to say,” this one, singular, particular instance of use would be foolish at best. You could literally do the same thing with greater efficiency by rigging the room with explosive tags. Should explosive tags be banned?

And yes, if the seal is on the floor and you are standing on it when it activates, good luck escaping I guess. The ground will literally fall out from under you. The line that you quote is basically that: if you are standing on the seal escape is going to be preeeeeetty impossible. If you are next to it, or a few feet away from it, they yeah, it’s totally possible to escape, but you are not just going to stroll away casually at the same time.

The range is not 20m, the diameter is. And no, I didn’t incorporate exactly how “much” strength or chakra you need to escape. I don’t think I’ve seen a justsu here, cannon or otherwise, that does that. So, if you can find it in your heart, forgive me for following the precedent set by other jutsu and abilities.

For drawbacks, did you want more or…? Again, it’s a seal. I has to be place beforehand. You don’t just do three hand signs and then banish a village to oblivion. Or I could bump the rank up? I have no problem with that, just give me some suggestions man.

• Knowledge of Good and Evil

1. So, first off, when I say “no deductions,” I mean that the cost is a C rank, or a B rank, or whatever its costs to that particular ninja based on his or her class, without reductions as far as particular masteries go. So it will always cost the same, not half, not ¼, just the base. So I think this was the biggest problem as far as miscommunications goes and I truly hope that helps clear up some stuff.

For the removal aspect of it, how does one remove any seal? Aside from their being no system whatsoever here as to that, there are already seals here that cannot be removed by people who don’t understand sealing. Honestly I can’t, off the top of my head, think of any that can be removed by your average Joe Schmo.

2. As for the lasting aspect, this is only using chakra while sealing. I realize that these jutsu are not “lasting jutsu” in the eyes of this forum’s lasting jutsu system, but the seals do linger. Regardless, this particular seal gets put on someone and then immediately starts sealing. That’s what it does. I don’t know why it would continue costing chakra after being placed.  

Once again, I hope that this covers everything that you addressed in your previous post. If I missed anything, please do point it out.

Oh, and when there’s a misunderstanding, try rephrasing what you said rather than continually “repeat” something over and over again. I know that, at least for me, it helps a lot when points of contention aren’t exactly crystal clear between two parties.

6Holy Book of Seals Empty Re: Holy Book of Seals Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:13 am

Kokoro Gishiki

Kokoro Gishiki
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Just an added note for Muzzle the Ox, Tread the Corn: in order to do the aforementioned edits, I’ll need to know what can and cannot be sealed with Generic Sealing, how much can be sealed in any given seal for Generic Sealing technique and any other pertinent information regarding that jutsu, such as how much space the seal takes up or if the space it requires varies with how large the seal is. That and a bit more information on the ranking system for weaponry, if you would be so kind!

Thank you so much!

7Holy Book of Seals Empty Re: Holy Book of Seals Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:29 am

Sanroku

Sanroku
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Scroll Information

As for weapon rank, there is a reason why we dont define what rank a certain jutsu will fall under. We believe it should more or less be common sense. You've created jutsus and graded them according to logic, im sure you can do the same with weapons.

P.S.:

8Holy Book of Seals Empty Re: Holy Book of Seals Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:03 pm

Kokoro Gishiki

Kokoro Gishiki
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Oh, I never thought you were trying to give me a hard time! Thanks again though.

For Muzzle the Ox, I never intended for it to possess the capability of sealing “legendary” weaponry, like seven swordsman swords, regardless of what rank the seal is. I suppose I could just add that clause in?

Other than that, I have bumped the rank up to B and given it the same restrictions as a medium sized scroll, present as edits made to the weakness section. Also, I added in that the user must know Generic Sealing because it makes sense and I had forgotten to incorporate that before. Anyway, I hope that fixes any residual issues with this ability. Thanks!

9Holy Book of Seals Empty Re: Holy Book of Seals Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:44 am

Kokoro Gishiki

Kokoro Gishiki
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Pseudo-bump I guess. Sanroku has said that he's too busy with other site stuff (adding in cannon things, bless his heart) and won't be able to finish these. If someone else could look over these so I could finish them, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks so much!

10Holy Book of Seals Empty Re: Holy Book of Seals Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:07 am

Ryo Terumi

Ryo Terumi
Kazekage
Kazekage

Kokoro Gishiki wrote:
Holy Book of Seals 73m2

Description: A small, circular seal with an appearance little more than a slightly lighter, discolored area of whatever it should be place upon, this seal is meant to be placed on one that the user wishes to track. Once upon a target, the seal will multiply, dropping duplicate seals off the body of the wearer and onto any nearby surface that he or she touches. In general, the seal will create a copy every 15m or about every minute [2-3 posts]. These duplicated seals appear exactly as the original, a circle of light discoloration on a surface, and are crafted from the chakra of the wearer. Thus, the original seal drains a C rank’s worth of chakra [no reduction] every time it creates a new seal, though it draws upon the wearer over the course of the duplication, making the drain difficult to feel or pinpoint. Each instance of the seal will release a small, negligible amount of the wear’s chakra, allowing a person to with the appropriate abilities in sensory skills to track someone afflicted by the seal. While this chakra trail remains small and subtle, a person who knows this technique will find it simple to locate the "trace".
Weakness: Must be covertly placed upon a target to be effective. Adept or higher sensor ninjas can, with some concentration, locate the trail of seals. Seals do not discriminate, as in anyone with the appropriate skills can track a person who has this. Can be removed by medical shinobi [Adept or higher] with the appropriate jutsu once located.

Holy Book of Seals 73m2

Description: A technique borrowing upon the concept of the exploding tag, a staple tool used by shinobi far and wide, this ability allows the user to focus and channel chakra onto a surface, mimicking the sealing formula present on these weapons and allowing the creator to create tactical explosions. Simple in practice, this ability allows the user to set up interesting traps. When detonated, the seals explode with the same force as a traditional exploding tag, releasing a concussive and destructive burst of chakra to accomplish such a feat.
Weakness: Seal must be place prior to using. Seal is visibly apparent and can be seen by anyone. The seal is destroyed once detonated.

Holy Book of Seals 73m2

Range: Self (must be in contact with seal)
Description: An offensive variant of the generic, widespread sealing technique used to seal weaponry and items, this seal looks nearly identical to the aforementioned seal, though is generally a bit larger and incorporates a few additional formulas crafted into the sealing pattern. Intended for rapid defensive uses, this allows the user to bring a weapon, usually that of an opponent’s, into contact with the seal and instantly seal it away. When used against opponents who rely heavily upon their weaponry, this technique can prove both a nasty surprise and a useful stripping of the opponent’s main method of offense.
Weakness: Must be written prior to use. Seal contains the same capacity for sealing as medium sized scroll and any items sealed within can be withdrawn by anyone capable of using Generic Sealing. Must know Generic Sealing. Cannot seal S rank weapons.

Holy Book of Seals 73m2

Description: A small seal, only an inch in diameter and bearing the appearance of a black, stylized apple, this formula, once applied to a victim, begins to rapidly grow, winding about the afflicted’s body in a massive tangle of vine-like lines of type, rapidly covering him or her in a body-wide collection of seals [1 post]. These seals attract to one another with a prodigious force, forcing the target into a cramped, compacted position from which little to no physical action can be taken and a great deal of pain is imparted upon the wearer. Those capable of astounding physical feats [taijutsu masters] will find resisting the seal possible, though the effort required to struggle against the attractive force between the lines of the seal is so difficult that resistance is almost always futile and will invariably slow the bearer of the seal significantly.

Particularly insidious on the part of the seal, the inclusion of a multiplicative formula presents further danger to any potential allies of anyone unfortunate enough to find him or herself bound by this knowledge. Upon physical contact with the seal, the formula will spread, sapping a B rank amount of chakra from the wearer [no deductions] and placing another same small, stylized apple upon the flesh of whoever touches the original victim. From here, the process begins again, swiftly and viciously entrapping another victim.
Weakness: Requires physical contact. Restraining effects of the seal can be fought against. Does not prevent chakra flow. Medic shinobi [Master] can remove the seal, though can still suffer from its jumping effect.

These jutsu, in their current form are approved. Assuming that for the Knowledge of Good and Evil seal, the sapping chakra effect does not happen on a per post basis.

11Holy Book of Seals Empty Re: Holy Book of Seals Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:44 am

Sato

Sato

User is no longer active so this is now Archived.

http://www.narutonexusrp.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum