The Curse of the Shinobi{Open/Recovery Thread} Pixel

Our button

All other rights go to Naruto© Creator: Masashi Kishimoto

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Curse of the Shinobi{Open/Recovery Thread}

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Katsuro

Katsuro

Katsuro gritted his teeth as he fell to one knee. After dropping his Genin off with the medical Shinobi he attempted to leave the hospital under the excuse his wound wasn't serious and would close on its own. But one of the nurses has a different idea and grabbed his arm to stop him, reducing him to grinding teeth and a cold sweat as the bone ground against something hard and the muscles pulled further back into his shoulder. Soon he was swarmed by doctors and nurses nearly dragging him towards the surgery room. Anytime he tried to pull away he would feel pain as one of the nurses or doctors probed the outskirts of the wound. They would rather cause pain in one of their patients than let them wonder off to die.

By the time they got him to the surgery, Katsuro was shivering from the cold sweat he was in and his jaw hurt from being clenched so hard. The had to practically wrestle the Jounin to the floor before they would begin working on his arm. Before the anesthesia jutsu took hold, he noticed he was in a dark room, laying in the middle of a symbol that he simply knew in the back of his mind was a powerful medical jutsu. He guessed the wound was more serious than he originally thought as he felt himself drift into unconsciousness. The last thing he remembered before blacking out was the feeling of several fingers attempted to remove any large objects that may have been inside of his arm and the absence of any pain.

The next thing he remembered was waking up to the slow, rhythmic sounds of the heart monitor as he felt a cool breeze wash over his face. Someone must have opened a window in his room to allow fresh air to come in. Katsuro didn't mind it too terribly but he was curious as to the extent of the damages that his arm still possessed. With his eyes still closed, he attempted to raise his shoulder off the bed. A little at first but once he found that there was no pain, he raised it as far as he could. That was good. Now to test the muscles before he attempted to raise the whole arm off the bed. The second test he did was bend his arm at the elbow and bring his hand to his shoulder. No muscle pain but he tried it a few more times in the hopes that it wasn't just a fluke. It wasn't. Then it was time for the final test. With his arm laying flat on the bed he raised it until it was fully extended over his body. The medical nin were good at the job as he felt no pain at all.

With a smile he flung the covers off of his legs and turned to where they hung over the side. With a slight headache he attributed to the anesthesia jutsu, he stood on his own two legs in however many days it was that he was unconscious. He quickly made it to his clothes laying on the chair. No one had brought him a fresh pair of clothes and his shirt had been cut off of him before they began digging in his arm. He quickly began pulling his pants on before the short, rounded nurse came in and began ushering him into the bed.

"You shouldn't be standing yet. We had to do six hours of surgery to repair all the damage that was done to your arm."

Disregarding the nurse's ushering, Katsuro barely managed to his pants on before he was forced back on the bed. Sighing Katsuro wondered how long it would be until his doctor released him. To pass the time Katsuro could think of only one thing worth doing. Reliving the fight. The first thing he remembered was the the first blow that landed. It had showed an obvious weakness in his preferred fighting style. He was vulnerable to attacks that came from behind and from above. The quickest fix he could think of was to switch the weight to different legs periodically and changing his direction of looking until he could find a permanent fix. He could also rotate a step forward and backwards which would change which direction his back was. But this was not a permanent fix.

The next order of business was the mistake he made. He left himself open to attack of the genin and the only way to remedy that opening was to never allow it to happen again. He would have be to careful to not leave his side as unprotected as he had just done. Instead of leaving his hand on the spike would let go and get outside the range of his opponent. He should have known better than to let his speed go uncontrolled and to enter the range of an opponent that had a shorter reach than he did.

He should also come up with some technique that he could use with one hand in the case one of his arms is rendered useless like it was in the fight. His history lesson was interrupted by the doctor coming into the room. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at the doctor.

"How long do I have, doctor. It's okay I'm a big boy. I can handle it." The obvious joke gave the Doctor a cause to give a chuckle before he began explaining what they did. "You chipped a piece of bone off your shoulder but after six hours inside the surgery room we were able to heal to full health though you may experience some tenderness for a while. Before you ask, the Genin you brought in is doing remarkably well despite the extent of damages was done to him. You should remember to use a little restraint when you fight someone as young and inexperienced as him."

Katsuro simply dismissed the Doctor with a wave of his hand. "Sorry Doctor. In a real fight they would not get any mercy and it's my job to prepare them for this. If he was weak he wouldn't be a shinobi and he wouldn't have been able to land three hits on me. I'm actually rather impressed with him. He is one of the few Genin I've trained to ever land more hits on me than I've landed hits on them. But besides that Doc, when can I leave? I have stuff that must be done soon." The doctor flipped through the medical sheets before smiling. "You can go in the morning. Until then I recommend you to not leave the bed unless you must use the bathroom.

Katsuro nodded at the Doctor as he turned and left the room. There were few things left to do so Katsuro leans up and sat crossed legged on the uncomfortable bed. Then with closing his eyes, he imagine himself walking down a set of stairs, counting down from ten as he did. He had decided to meditate until he grew too tired to continue. By the time he reached the bottom of the stairs, he was in a deep trance. In his mind palace he began storing various files of knowledge in different places. Eventually he grew tired and ascended the steps and came back to full consciousness to see that it was in the middle of the night. Without a second thought he pulled the covers over his frame and fell asleep. By the time the sun crested the horizon, Katsuro was already awake and filling out the discharge papers. He was then gone before the sun was fully in the air.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum