All other rights go to Naruto© Creator: Masashi Kishimoto

You are not connected. Please login or register

One's Will to Continue[Rest/Recovery Topic, Open]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kid Koopa

Kid Koopa
Kumo Genin
Kumo Genin

Still in an unconscious state, soon the deep and rhythmic thump of his own heart reminded him what it was to live. Along with this constant drowning thump there was a beep of some sort, obviously electronically produced, but with the patients fully uneducated brain, he had no idea this beeping was coming from a heart monitor. But he could care less what the noise was coming from, for as soon as he realized, that he truly was alive and conscious the first thought in his mind was "thrust". Shocking the resting simian on his lap and the nurse who was pouring water in a pitcher, the boy shot up out of his slumber tossing his left hand forward as if stabbing something or someone.

Breathing heavily, Kobachi looked around the room to see both sets of eyes on him and a pitcher of water tipped over pouring onto the floor. His chest rising and deflating he could feel the sweat on his forehead and he soon noticed he had startled the nurse. His right then moved to shift the blankets over him to assist the nurse, but a sharp pain struck him causing him to grunt in pain. "Ahg!" Looking at his arm he saw it was bandaged tight, but soon red coloration began to taint the wrapping. Grabbing underneath the wound in pain, he twisted to the side, but then ultimately pressed himself back down against the pillow he had rested on. The whole scene seemed to replay and he remembered how he got the wound and he also remembered the other and not soon after, the beeping that was in synchronization with his own heart beep began to speed up. Not long after the whole right side of the bed was being colored red and the nurse immediately ran for a doctor. Mochi on the other ran back and forth to the water on the floor to Kobachi to drop all the water he could gather on his forehead, which wasn't much.

The doctor soon arrived in the room, but in the typical calm doctor type way as f anything serious wasn't going on. "Hmmm, just seems to be going into a bit of shock, his wounds can easily be stitched back up." The nurse looked at the doctor a bit confused and wondered why the doctor did not just apply a healing jutsu to Kobachi. "Why don't you use the Mystical Palm Technique doctor?" The man looked over his shoulder then back to Kobachi and the monkey who had began smearing the water drops on Kobachi's forehead. "His medical information doesn't allow us to use Ninjutsu to heal his body. With the tribe he is from, they prefer more natural methods, so until his tribesman medic arrives, the most we can do is clean and stitch the wound. Once the other man gets here he can give the boy more in depth medical attention." The nurse didn't seem to like the idea one bit as neither did the doctor as he stood by Kobachi's bed side with a slight expression of concern. Death surely wouldn't be the case, but from the wounds he had suffered, it could permanently put a damper on his shinobi career. Destroyed muscle tissue and damaged bone in his shoulder, slightly ruptured organs from an entry wound in his side, then the damage to the cartilage in the knee was also enough to make one question how the boy was alive. The reason being because the doctor illegally gave the boy minor treatment to stop his damaged organs from hemorrhaging inside the body.

In all the commotion Kobachi had again fallen asleep, but unknown to him, he was moved to a different room and put in different clothes as the old ones were way beyond soiled from blood and sweat.

Kid Koopa

Kid Koopa
Kumo Genin
Kumo Genin

Waking from a dreamless slumber, Kobachi found his vision blurred, but it soon cleared back up and he found himself in a dark room only dimly lit by a lamp in the corner. Mochi was on his lap like before curled up resting and there wasn't much to really do or see. The beep from the strange machine had continued its normal pace and Kobachi deduced that it was in synch with his own heart beat, which he played around with a bit slowing it down then speeding it up with breathing patterns alone. Soon enough the nurse came in looking a bit worried which had surprised Kobachi. "Are you alright? She hadn't fully stepped inside of the room yet and was more so just peeking in. Kobachi smiled to her and nodded. "Yes I am doing well, just a bit bored." The nurse peeked her head outside of the room, then stepped in closing the door. "Yeah it can be pretty boring for you patients in here." She walked near Kobachi's bedside and brushed the sleeping Mochi who didn't show any signs of waking. "The little fella hasn't slept sense you got here, it's been about three days now. You got yourself one faithful companion." The words made Kobachi's heart warm up, a feeling not recognized or noticed by the monitor as it kept its same pace. Smiling at the primate, Kobachi also gave Mochi a friendly rub on his back then his under belly which made him roll over in delight while still sleep. "So . . . how long am I going to be inside of here. Will I be ok to leave soon?" The woman looked worried and almost didn't want to tell him, but figured it'd be best if he knew. "So far you have no release date. One of your tribesmen is coming down to operate on you, due to your special medical terms, but your body was damaged pretty bad. If you don't get healed well, you may never reach your previous one hundred percent again." The words made the Genin's heart freeze or at least that's what it felt like, but the beeping continued normally.

"Ne-never be one hundred percent?" He was sitting forward in the bed and he earned a sharp pain from all of his wounds. Luckily no stitched were damaged, but the pain was still enough to make him thin twice about his movements. "You should stay seated back, but yes. The muscle damage is pretty bad as well as the cartilage damage. Unless the man sent is a miracle worker, you'll never reach the potential you could have . . . I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you." The genin remained silent and his eyes weren't directed fully down, but were angled maybe at a fifty degree angle going down, simply staring into space. "It's ok . . . it's not your fault. Thank you for taking care of me though . . ." The only one he could think of who was responsible was his sensei. The image of a blade through the mans shoulder kept flashing in the Genin's mind and he wondered how he was healing up.

"What about my sensei, how is he doing?" Kobachi was pissed at the man, but he stilled referred to him as his sensei to be respectful. He wondered what punched the man to go to such lengths to actually cause this much damage to one of his students. It made the Genin regret not inflicting more pain to the man while he could. Though it was wrong and was not the way he was raised to civilized it just felt . . . it felt natural to Kobachi. "He's recovering quickly. With his genes and with our medical treatments he may even have recovered by now." The boy nodded slowly and then looked at and smiled to the nurse. "That is great! I am glad he's recovering haha. But it is late so you should go rest. I would like to use some time to meditate." The nurse would think it was odd for one of his age to meditate, but he was a ninja after all and hearing about his tribe she figured it was normal. "Out, touch this button here if you need me though ok?" She showed Kobachi a button on the side of his bed and he nodded in appreciation. "Ok, thank you kindly ma'am." With a giggle she closed the door behind herself and the teens eyes sealed themselves shut for the next three hours.

Replaying the logs of the spar within his mind he thought of possible changes in the fight he could have made. What he really regretted was not sealing the victory once he struck his sensei the first time. If he went for a submissive position in that instance surely all of this could have been avoided, but there was no use in hating oneself for not making other decisions, for in hindsight one would always be smarter. After the logs flaws in his match were recorded and stored mentally, he began to address the main thought that troubled him. His relationship with his sensei. Even if he didn't, the man could have ruined Kobachi's future as a ninja and at this point it seemed like he truly could have his growth skill wise stunted. Surely it wasn't the mans intentions though and he was just in the heat of the moment, but Kobachi found it still rather far fetched to skewer ones pupil to such a level. Being raised to not hate beings or to hold grudges and wish for their demise or for karma to strike them, Kobachi found it hard to stick to his roots in this instance. Surely karma would come around to him, but why was it not ok for the Genin to wish it upon him, he guessed it was considered holding a grudge, but it seemed impossible to not hold one.

Soon one thought lead to another and he found himself asking the deities of his religion for strength to not succumb to hate. Rather he would try to put it behind him, but he would learn from the event and he felt a new sensei might be necessary. Just as he came to the conclusion the door squeaked open. The sound made the Genin's eyes snap open and stare down the intruder who's appearance instantly brought a grand smile to Kobachi's face.

"Mako!" Kobachi was almost about to leap out of the bed, but his brethren's hand signal halted him from doing so, also reminding him of his injuries. "It is nice to see you Kobachi, I would say i hope you are doing well, but I can see you aren't.  haha" Kobachi returned the laugh and scratched the back of his head with his hand a bit embarrassed at the state Mako got to see him in. One thing that was nice along with Mako's presence was the refreshing sound of his natural dialect and tongue at which he could speak in much better than English. "HahaYeah I got myself into quite the bit of trouble, but I'm going to guess it's safe to assume you are here to carry out my surgery? I'm hoping that you can prevent the stunt in my growth like the nurse says I might suffer from. I trust you can do it, though so why am I even blabbing huh?"  Mako chuckled and nodded his head before petting the waking Mochi. "Wow, Mochi hasn't grow the slightest bit huh? Hey there little fella remember your uncle Mako?" " he rubbed the underside of Mochi's chin and the simian woke up in a more than great mood seeing another tribesmen. "Yeah, I think he's a late bloomer. Or maybe he was the runt of his litter, who knows, but anyhow, I'm ready when you are! " mako looked over to his brother and nodded setting his burlap sack on the ground then unwrapping Kobachi's wounds. "Geez this is the first time I've seen you so eager to get examined or treated for an injury. You sure you didn't take a blow to the head too?"  All the while this conversation went on the doctor and nurse just stood back listening to the foreign tongue a bit surprised, for it was rare that you heard one in the Shinobi World.

With a large row of stitches on his arm where his shoulder was, Kobachi winced in pain as Mako grazed his finger over them. "Ahg, be careful with the stitches they are still fresh adn the wound underneath still hurts. You got me thinking you took a blow to the head sheesh, you sure you can still pull off this medical stuff? " He kidded with Mako through the pain of the examination and finally that process was over. "Well the doctor seems right and the damage does look like it could really have some everlasting effects . . . " The words sadden Kobachi, but Mako wasn't the type to give up easily. ""But you know I'll take good care of you Kobachi, you're blood after all, so don't even worry about it and I''ll have you back to one hundred percent . . . no I'll have you at one hundred and twenty percent!"  The reassuring words put a smile on the Genin's face and shortly after he was wheeled off into an operating room where Mako operated on him, but with herbs and other all natural procedures instead. The doctor and nurse stood by, not to assist, but more so to observe how the foreigner would pull it off. With the way times had moved on, completing a surgery like this without the application of modern day technology seemed futile, but somehow Mako pulled it together for a win in Kobachi's favor and got his muscles not healed of course, but in a suitable condition for them to begin repairing themselves. Using some animal cartilage as a supplement for Kobachi's damaged amounts, the boy would also be able to heal his lower body as well. Then the organ damage was as simple as applying some organic stitches that would be absorbed into the body as protein once their job was done. Though technology was helpful today Mako showed the doctor that mother Nature still had her skills and even had a numbing agent that allowed Kobachi stay awake the whole time and not feel a thing.

Closing up all the wounds and bandaging his brother back up, Mako called the surgery a success and as long as Kobachi took it easy and didn't go and do anything crazy to further damage himself which he was notorious for doing, he would recover just fine. "Now just because the surgery was a success doesn't mean you can go around and act like a dumbass. It will put you right back to square one, maybe even worse. So when I say take it easy, I mean take it easy. I know you won't listen to me and will still be walking around and stuff and probably doing minimal training, so I applied some extra patches and stitches, but for the most part nothing overexerting. Do you understand me . . . I'm serious."  Without Mako even saying he was serious, Kobachi knew the situation was very grave. " I understand Mako and I really appreciate this. You have no idea how grateful I am for this. Please be sure to tell everyone I miss them and that I will visit as soon as I recover ok? I will be sure to take it easy on the damages, truthfully."  Kobachi raised his left forearm and Mako met it with his right, forming and "x" and signifying a sacred promise that was not to be broken unless dire circumstances presented themselves.

" OH, and before I leave, Lorelei wanted me to give these to you. She said don't use these for revenge though, the timing of the gift may seem like that's what it is hinting, but it's not, it's just a gift. I'll drop them off at your house for you actually, give you something to look forward to."  Kobachi's eyes widened as Mako had nearly revealed the present, but with his mind changing the Genin couldn't even get a peek. "Ah, come on Mako you know I can't take suspense, just let be get a peek. " His brother denied the peek with a ruffle of the boys hair which made him squint a bit. "Bah, you suck haha, but anyhow see you when I get better, thanks again, love you and everyone else! " Mako simply nodded and shook his head with a blush on his face. He was never the type to say the two words "love" and "you" next to each other, though Kobachi knew he meant them.

"That was quite the interesting sight, but wow your brother surely does have talent in the medical field, even only with herbs. I'd like to study under him one day." Having to switch back to English so quickly Kobachi had missed half of what the doctor said, but he figured it was giving praise to Mako for he caught the last phrase. "Yes, he is our tribe's shaman. He is very smart with herbs and things . . . so, when c-" The doctor raised a hand like how Mako had did earlier and Kobachi stopped. "Tomorrow, you'll be able to leave. I know that's what you were going to ask. But yes, tomorrow after I run some test to make sure it's ok for you to leave ok?" At that moment tomorrow seemed like it would take an eternity to come, but Kobachi simply smiled and nodded. "Thank you doctor." The doctor nodded and waved a hand to Kobachi and Mochi who was on his head as he exited the room with a wave of the hand.

[End Thread]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum