Takigakure

The First Test [Team Musashi] Pixel

Our button

All other rights go to Naruto© Creator: Masashi Kishimoto

You are not connected. Please login or register

The First Test [Team Musashi]

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The First Test [Team Musashi] Empty The First Test [Team Musashi] Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:54 am

Chikara

Chikara
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin

A room that was what you had been in with other Genin teams before being shoved into a hallway, the door closed behind you. Small the hallway was, not being enough space for those within to walk side by side, forcing them to walk behind one another, but that doesn’t matter much for you see a door a couple feet away. With the door behind you being locked, you and your group decide to head towards the door a couple feet in front of you. Upon opening the door, you walk into a room a little larger than the one you had left. Once all have stepped into the room, the door closes behind you of its own accord, preventing you from going back.

Hidden within this badly lit, grey walled room are two plaques that have a riddle written on it. Near one of these plaques is a lever, which must be turned the right way in order for you to advance to the next test, and the riddles will assist you in making the right choice. Written upon the plaque closes to the lever is the following:

I am a button
That cannot be pushed or pulled
But when moved in the right way
I will show you your dream
But if moved wrongly
You will crash and burn

On the other plaque, the following is written:

I am a wall
Yet I am a Door
If you can find me
You can pass
But if you can't
You will fall

Armed with these two riddles and a lever that is your gateway to the next test, you and your team must now figure it out.

[Each member of the squad has 3 posts to figure out the riddle and how the lever factors into things. If you and your squad cannot figure it out in 3 posts, your team won’t be advancing to the next stage. Utilize the lever improperly, well that shall remain a surprise.]

2The First Test [Team Musashi] Empty Re: The First Test [Team Musashi] Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:03 pm

Hitomi Shiruku

Hitomi Shiruku
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

The first of the team to arrive for the exams was the small Hitomi of Team Musashi. She seemed confident on the outside, giving off an vibe of senseless careless eyes before going on to follow flab into the first part of the test. She she saw the doors close behind herself shut it was more of a sense of fear crawling up her spine. She still however seemed quiet as she scanned the area for a while, noticing the plaques immediately and going up to them. "Takeo! Come take a look at this...it seems to have a riddle on it about the test." She stated reading it over in her mind before whispering it under her breath and folding her arms over her chest to think on it. Going on and on over and over saying it until it was viable to hearing. "Button, Door...Button and a Door...."

She soon stopped her thinking as she looked at the walls and the lever nearby only to look back to Takeo. "Don't touch anything here, I've got to make sure we're safe here and if there's an exit." She said taking a minute to think through her jutsu before closing her eyes for a moment. Opening them causing them to turn into a light less human-like color of sky blue as she scanned the area using her sensory perception for any trails of chakra left behind by possibly the maker of this room or anyone who had come by. Looking towards the walls, the lever, and the plaques for any information, let alone the ceiling and the floor for anything at all.

WC: 270

Jutsu Used:

((Please tell me if she sees a trail mods))

3The First Test [Team Musashi] Empty Re: The First Test [Team Musashi] Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:02 pm

Flabbysaurus

Flabbysaurus
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

Takeo was obviously excited to start the Chunin Exams. He was sad that all three of team Musashi weren't participating in it but since Kuroo had already reached the rank of Chunin it was just Takeo and Hitomi. Takeo led the way to the first part of the test. Walking into the small grey room. Takeo glanced back as the door shut behind them. Not too surprised  that they were locked into the room. "And so the first test begins!" He cheered, seemingly unfazed that they were locked in the room. Takeo read the plaque as hitomi did as well. He stared at it for a few more seconds before coming to his conclusion on the answer to the riddle. "I have no idea what any of that means." He grumbled, annoyed at his stupidity.

Takeo nodded in response to Hitomi as she told him not to touch anything before performing one of her sensing jutsus. Takeo continued to stand in place, feeling quite useless. He began to read the riddle again and again as Hitomi looked for any traps or extra clues with her sensing. I am a wall. Yet I am a Door? I guess that means the door is in the wall? Maybe if the lever is moved the right way the wall will move and reveal the path to the next test?" Takeo said to Hitomi. Unsure if his input had much usefulness. Takeo let out a sigh, stumped as to what the answer was to the riddles. Wondering if he was missing the obvious, and if he would already fail on the first test. Takeo gently knocked on each wall, curious if any of them were hollow since, from what he had guessed from the riddle, one of the walls was a door that could possibly lead to the next test. Takeo wasn't one hundred percent sure on that but it was still worth a shot. He carefully knocked on each one, listening to see if any were hollow, or just ordinary concrete walls.

Word Count: 339

4The First Test [Team Musashi] Empty Re: The First Test [Team Musashi] Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:57 pm

NN NPC

NN NPC

The young female Konoha genin closed her eyes and when she opened them again they had changed colors to a brighter sky-blue in color.  What she saw was !fun!.  Thin lines of chakra connected the lever to the floor and to a section of the wall.  The the chakra then spider-webbed through the floor.  The Chakra on the wall made a rectangle large enough for easily be three meters tall and two meters wide.

The thick walls sounded solid and not hollow.

Thankfully the small amount of actions seemed little to interfere with the oxygen supply in the room.  Is it getting a little warm in here?

5The First Test [Team Musashi] Empty Re: The First Test [Team Musashi] Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:43 pm

Flabbysaurus

Flabbysaurus
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

Takeo let out a disappointed sigh as nothing good turned up in his search for the possible hollow wall. It was obvious to him now that the walls were very thick. If he was still correct in thinking the door was in the wall it seemed they'd have to move the lever the right way. Takeo doubted they could blast through the wall and the door. He didn't even know where said door was. "Unfortunately it looks like the walls are thick and not hollow." Takeo pointed out, walking back to where he originally stood. He paused for a moment, he could've sworn it felt a bit warmer in here than it did to begin with.

"Is it just me or is it getting warmer in here? Takeo asked, glancing around the room, curious as to why the temperature was suddenly beginning to rise. Takeo moved towards the door, wondering if the reason why the room was getting  stuffier was because of it. "There are no openings in here. This door is sealed tight so uh...pretty sure the longer we stay and if we exert ourselves too much we'll lose more and more oxygen. So we don't have a lot of time" Takeo said to Hitomi, moving back to the lever and the plaques but still not touching them.

Word Count: 218

6The First Test [Team Musashi] Empty Re: The First Test [Team Musashi] Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:14 am

Hitomi Shiruku

Hitomi Shiruku
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

She nodded to Takeo and his findings, however as she looked around she saw the wall surrounded by the chakra lines and the lever. "There's a rectangular formation of chakra there, perhaps that's our way out. But if what you said is true then the wall might be too thick for any attack to break it." She sighed for a moment but as she looked down she began walking back until backing up to the wall, a bit of fear passing through. "A...trap, it's webbing through the floors, it's a pit fall." She then recalled back to the quoted riddle and in shock spoke about it. "If you can't...you will fall, if we choose the wrong thing we'll fall through! We'd better think on the lever then...that seems to be the only thing connecting to the door and the floor. But the wrong move could send us out."

She then closed her eyes to shut off her sensory, then looked back to Takeo who was panicking a bit from something about the room being stuffy. Albeit the room was a bit hard to breathe in but even as she looked around it was true, there wasn't any wind or air or anything going in or out. This was a whole new concern, they didn't have time to sit and think for hours upon hours. Only mere moments. She pointed out towards the lever as she looked at her teammate. "This thing is our only way out it seems, and we don't have much time...take to long and we faint from lack of oxygen, choose wrong and we fall down. Which way is it, and how do we make it move?" She asked the new question, now in a sense of panic however trying to be rational. She quoted off once more of the riddle thinking on it. "I am a button...can't be pushed or pulled...moved in the right way. So then which way is the answer?"

WC: 326
Total: 596 wc

7The First Test [Team Musashi] Empty Re: The First Test [Team Musashi] Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:11 am

Flabbysaurus

Flabbysaurus
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

Takeo let out a frustrated sigh. He wanted to hit the walls to relieve some stress but he knew he'd just be wasting precious oxygen and hurting himself in the process. I don't know. I'm no good at riddles. I don't know how else you're meant to move it. Levers can only be pulled..." Takeo paused for a moment. "Maybe this riddle is just a red herring? Maybe you just pull it since, I don't know how else you move a lever? Maybe you move it towards the door? It says if we find it, we pass. We found it and we haven't passed yet so maybe we move it towards the door to show we found it and then..." Takeo trailed off as he rambled on about theories on how to move the lever despite not believing he was right in the slightest.

"Any ideas Hitomi? I think we're screwed already. The best we can do is move it whatever way you decide to and hope we don't fall and die. I have wind release stream which could stop me from falling if I'm lucky. Maybe direct myself to any doors that open or just ease my descent downwards." He said, preparing perform said jutsu if the ground caved in beneath them. Now, Takeo was simply putting all his hopes on Hitomi.

Word Count: 222

8The First Test [Team Musashi] Empty Re: The First Test [Team Musashi] Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:41 am

Hitomi Shiruku

Hitomi Shiruku
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

She nodded to his debate carrying on with her own. However she thought on about it and decided perhaps what he was saying was true but put in another sense. "Pull...to position, yeah it can be positioned to the door to show we've found it. It's all the lead we have..." She said, not believing it entirely however she had no other clues or possibilities to go on. She then looked at him for a moment with concern. "Yeah, but depending on how deep this thing is we might lose all our chakra before we get to the bottom...we'll just have to hope it's the right choice, and besides it's getting harder to breathe...and we need air to make wind." She mentioned as she grasped the lever shakily. She was scared, there was so much pressure not only mentally but physically as it was just getting harder and harder to breathe.

It was almost becoming delusional from how little oxygen they were breathing in. She then pushed it's direction to the left, towards the wall she had seen in her vision. She then slumped to the floor breathing as little air left as possible and becoming light headed, waiting for something to happen.

WC: 210
Total: 806 wc

9The First Test [Team Musashi] Empty Re: The First Test [Team Musashi] Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:08 am

NN NPC

NN NPC

The lever grinding against the sides until it was locked into place on the left. Then the entire room began shaking violently. It was as if the room was collapsing in on itself. Something they should be afraid of. And as quickly as it had started, it stopped. Then with an audible hiss and a gust of fresh, cool wind rushed into the room. Ahead of them was the sound of crickets. Strange.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum