Hoshigakure
Takigakure

Swords and Fog [Training] Pixel

Our button

All other rights go to Naruto© Creator: Masashi Kishimoto

You are not connected. Please login or register

Swords and Fog [Training]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Swords and Fog [Training] Empty Swords and Fog [Training] Fri May 09, 2014 9:44 pm

Expression of Will

Expression of Will
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

The day, young, damp, and full of mist as always, had begun only hours before. Not generally in the habit of waking early, Kirite surprised himself a bit, finding himself roaming without any particular aim whatsoever through the mist of the common training area of his fellow shinobi. Not that he particularly cared for training today, but very little else had presented itself and so, the day seemed like it would pass like many others: an endless slew of sword strikes, block, defenses, spinning attacks, and any other technique he could enact against the imaginary opponents of the Bloody Mists.

Then again, the day was nice, cool and damp like always, really the perfect weather for anything. Kirite reflected briefly, desperate for anything to do. In all reality, he probably could have obtained some kind of mission from the Mizukage or one of her filthy servants, the ingrates she kept in and around her tower to do the paperwork that she herself refused. A sticking, sucking sensation felt its way from the young warrior’s spine, traveling towards his chest and arms slowly, one powerful suction cup at a time.

Pop. Pop. Pop.

“You’re right you know… the world has gotten far too peaceful. Why even have us?”

2Swords and Fog [Training] Empty Re: Swords and Fog [Training] Tue May 13, 2014 7:03 am

Expression of Will

Expression of Will
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

A tiny boat, wooden, rickety, likely dangerous beyond any reasonability. A mad man sailed this boat, gliding the small hull over the gentle clear waters of the ocean that bordered his homeland. The sight, by this time, surprised no one in the tiny fishing village; the young man had been coming here at seemingly random intervals for some time now. What continued to perplex the villagers rested in the motive. He, every time he arrived, sailed a tiny, woefully crafted sailboat out into the calm and placid sea. A couple of hours later, a storm inevitably brewed, raging strongly against the shoreline and driving the poor folk into their ramshackle houses. The storm, unlike the man, arrived predictable and, also unlike the man, left unpredictably.

For the man, a hulking giant of blue hair and frozen eyes, of pale skin and simple cloths, of swords and teeth and utter silence, never, once, failed to drift back to the shore, devoid of the boat and amidst a collection of flotsam and driftwood, in the final throws of the storm. As the storm waned, it returned the giant back to the shore, safe and sound by an apparent act of god. He never spoke, never asked anything of anyone, never responded to anyone’s questions or comments or concerns, and never acknowledged the presence of any of the villagers. He was as much an enigma as the inevitable storm he brought with him.

Wind. Waves. Cold-warm wash of sea spray and rain. The storm finally came. I had begun to doubt that it would come, to waiver in faith, to fear that The Deep had finally abandoned me, but such is not the case. Such is never the case. The storm is eternal as His grasp is infinite. Nothing will stop it, will stop him, will stop me. Nothing aside from my own foolishness and laziness. I need to pay further homage to His Great Abyss, to his Unfathomable Depths. While He speaks the world is dark and silent, fully submerged, and without His voice there exists only dry land, the parched lips of death himself.

I had laid out the proper offerings already: seaweed strewn across the floor of this tiny boat, shark’s teeth to cast over the edge, a gallon of salt to spread across the light slashes of my body, and the sacrificial mixing of a lesser mollusk and my own blood, the symbolic mixture of blue and red. Finally, my eyes shift, bleeding from their magnificent octopod blue to a more simplistic and human red. With this bloodline, this heritage of unknown parents, the world become clear.

The storm raged harder, beating rain down in horizontal sheets, sending my small and rickety craft pitching and turning over the violently shifting waves beneath me. Shark teeth and seaweed flew every which way as I sat, calm and still, eyes closed and yet seeing all things, while my boat drifts out to see. Time ceases to mean anything. The clouds shift and roil meaninglessly, incapable of penetrating the powerful barrier around myself. I pray and contemplate, willing His Tentacles through me, granting utter control of the liquid of the sea. The storm means nothing, does nothing, is nothing in comparison to Him.

The storm subsided some time later, tearing me from my reverie as it went. I found myself, once again, washed up upon a familiar beach, tiny pink shells encrusting the lightly yellow-white sand of the beachhead. A small crab scuttled away from me, moving around my head on tiny blue legs. I surged forth my chakra, harnessing the power of the Great One and moving the bile of the ocean, washing away the crab with the newly crafted tide.

Exit

3Swords and Fog [Training] Empty Re: Swords and Fog [Training] Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:37 am

Expression of Will

Expression of Will
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Flashback:

And so the blue hared man returned to this place, remembered with fondness the days of simple ceremony and simpler worship of a powerful God to which no foolish mortal man could stand. Here he had learned of the glorious power of water, of the Ocean Herself, and of all the things that the divine life giving liquid could do. He had taught him that. He had shown him the ways of the water, had instructed him in the careful mastery of all things that had to do with the glory of the Ocean, with the magnitude of her most wondrous and powerful Depths, with the hunters who lurked in the deepest and darkest waters, out of sight of prying eyes as they waited and bided their time for the most perfect of moments in which to strike and consume their prey. Yes here, here in this tiny little village that found itself far hidden away from the prying eyes of the village to which it paid its dues, its respect, and its taxes, the blue haired man who returned in his memories recalled the power of the Ocean and had learned of Her most wondrous and glorious teachings.

In this visitation of his the blue haired man had an entirely new perspective and much more powerfully strong devotion to his religious thoughts and feelings. Now he had mastered an entirely new power, that of the powerfully energetic form commonly referred to by the commoner as lighting release or possibly even raiton to people who prided themselves on being language savvy. Now he had a new way of controlling the elements and a new way in which to expend his vast reserves of chakra. He flexed his metaphoric muscles, along with his real ones, as he expended a slight electrical charge of chakra, the energy catching and ending its forward and outward linear motion as it collided harmlessly with the wood of the oar which had previously found its way into the large hand of the blue haired man and was now being used to row the tiny boat in which he had found himself out into the placid waters of the day’s water.

The day was placid and the sun was shining weakly through the ever present thickness of the mist that loomed over the village on nearly every single individual day of the year in the Village Hidden in the Mist and her surrounding territories. The Land of Water truly held to its name, boarding the sea on all sides and even succumbing to Her embrace during in the air, the liquid mist rising up from the Depths and gently caressing the faces and bodies of Her citizens. He rowed outwards, away from the shore until he was no longer able to make out any individual markings on the shore. His eyes were now able to see nothing but a blur of the shore, some buildings rising up from the tan and grey line of the area in which the waves crashed repeatedly into the sand and rocks. The mist thickened as he looked, hiding in its bosom the village from which he had came and enclosing all of the surrounding area in a beautiful pearly whiteness.

Enclosed now in his own cell made entirely of water and the slightest amount of wood, that coming from the rickety old and extremely beat up craft in which the blue haired man rowed, the man would finally begin his new meditations. No one and nothing was there with him outside of himself and the Voice, his ever present companion who would never leave him alone. Never never never never. Minutes passed as he contemplated this, his body going slightly numb as the Depths took over him, moving him as one would move a sock puppet, the liquid of the Sea entering into him and taking control of his body. He moved as one with the Ocean as energy was fed into him and subsequently removed, the tremendous force of the Sea filling him with a newfound power that he had never previously known or appreciated.

Energy from his powerful electrical release oozed from his body, burning away the mist around him as it went and electrifying the environment around him. For the time being the rickety old craft in which the blue haired man had rowed out in, the ship nearly falling to pieces from the small waves, held tightly to itself. The rocking of the boat increased a bit but no structural damage had occurred as of yet. The energy of his lighting release swarmed around him in a mass like a colony of gnats buzzing and flying and flooding around his body. Then, the Ocean bid him to take control of her body, using him as a terminal through which She could liberate Herself from the greater whole, moving a glob of water up and into the face of the man. His right hand held the lighting energy, teeming with power as it moved about his arm and ricocheted off his body and his left hand held control over the large glob of water which was rising from the sea and taking a large and formless shape in front of the man with the blue hair.

The two hands began moving, closing in the distance between the two hands as they came closer and closer together, approaching each other with a fairly rapid rate of motion. As they moved so too did the energy that they pairing controlled, the water and lighting coming together in what promised to be an amazing and violent proportion of truly awe inspiring proportions. However, as the two got closer and closer, the energies remained controlled and separate, not joining together until the absolute correct moment. When that moment finally came the twin energies fused together flawlessly and came together to create a wonderful and powerful new energy, that being the storm chakra that the blue haired man had the power to unlock by the virtue of his bloodline. He recalled with perfect clarity the amazing feeling of being shown this unique and phenomenal power, truly a gift to him from the Lord of the Sea and Skies.

The energy then began to move, the ball of newly can freshly crafted storm chakra rising up into the sky, flowing upwards seamlessly as something between a proper wave and a proper bolt of lightning, the energy sailing effortlessly upward and being swiftly lost to the cover of mist and the clouds with gathered in the upper atmosphere. There it hung, clinging to clouds and bouncing around seemingly at random, sapping moisture from the clouds around it and generating a great deal of static energy as the bolt, though also a wave, flowed about and jumped around. Once it had gathered an appropriate amount of energy the blue haired man felt his body move again, the Will of the Ocean brining a powerful surge of chakra though his body as he called down the insane blitz of power, a thousand bolt of pure storm chakra raining down and destroying the imaginary structures around the man.
1190 | 2015

Exit

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum