A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] - Page 2 Pixel

Our button

All other rights go to Naruto© Creator: Masashi Kishimoto

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Day of Scouting[FlashBack]

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:29 am

Nira Sjane

Nira Sjane

Nira raised a brow slightly as he, like her, was led to believe that it was naught but fairy tales. That it had no base for belief. But....
"I don't know. The Rinnegan, according to stories, was powerful. These flowers, I suppose might be similar. I suppose though, that my clan...if they are out there, are searching for them no? So if I do find one....it would be a convenient way of gathering them back together. As for what to do with the flower....well considering I am only a ninja of the Sound, that decision would rest with you....sir." she noted with a light smile, knowing that he did not like authoritative association, she had decided to experiment, and see how he reacted to not only being given honorific, but hypothetical situations that dictated leadership.

27A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:51 am

Poncho

Poncho
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

It seemed Nira's personality was beginning to open up and she was starting to climb out of her shell. At first she seemed a bit timid, but now she seemed to have began really expressing her views and unknowingly to him, she was even testing the waters with Junpei. "You would remain loyal? . . . Not that that's the wrong choice, but I would figure with that kind of power you'd assume the role of the leader yourself or maybe go to assume leadership somewhere else." His mind was so absorbed in the fact that she said she would remain loyal, that he hadn't addressed the title he was given, that being sir. It was a bit hard for him to believe that she would, but maybe she was still a bit naive to the way things worked in the ninja world. With power people usually became corrupted, for they could theoretically gain anything they wanted. Though he wasn't corrupted negatively, even he was still tainted when he obtained the rank of Daimyo.

28A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:22 am

Nira Sjane

Nira Sjane

[color=maroon] Nira blinked a bit at that assumption, chuckling lightly before shaking her head slowly. "I don't think ruling would suit me very well. It' like chess. I never liked the idea of being a king. A knight, bishop, rook. The ones that win the game." she noted with a nod of her head. "Sure the king is safe most of the game. But.... I dunno." she murmured, looking to the Daimyo. "what kind of piece would you want to be?"

29A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:57 am

Poncho

Poncho
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Junpei liked Nira's reference to chess. He wasn't to fond of the game or that familiar with it, but the basics were understood in his mind. The analogy though simple had a great deal of depth into it. "What piece would I like to be . . . hmmm." His voice barely carried any actual sound, so it would only be as audible as the softest of breezes. "I guess I would like to be a simpler piece as well. Maybe a Bishop or Knight. The Queen has a lot of freedom, but is always hunted for her power and the King isn't much but a figure head, barely greater than a pawn. I'd like to not be an irrelevant piece, but one that just cruises in at the average ya know. But the way life works some times you're forced to be the King ya know . . ." The King in this case being himself. He himself never foresaw that he would be able to hold a position like this and he knew damn well that neither his family or Hikaru foresaw it either. Growing up he always favored the position of the right hand man rather than the leader, but sometimes life had other plans for people and that seemed to be the case here. "So tell me Nira, how old are you? It was a random question, but it could be seen as relevant. However, in Junpei's mind the only relevance it had was to break the serious air.

30A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:04 pm

Nira Sjane

Nira Sjane

Nira nodded slowly at the explanation, a light smile on her face as she heard his answer, closing her eyes and chuckling a bit as she listened, and when he finished she stopped her giggling fit, folding her arms over her chest "It that what happened to you? Had to be the king?"she asked with a tilt of her head. However at his question she paused, a bit surprised. "I'll be 18 in a few days, why do you ask?" she asked with that same slight smirk, as if catching the scent of devious activities being planned, of course it was a mock look, and clear that she knew he had no such intentions but seemed to have hooked onto this little hobbey of making him uncomfortable.

31A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:17 pm

Poncho

Poncho
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Junpei nodded, but with a questionable look a bit confused with himself at this moment. He didn't necessarily have to become the King, but in this instance it held greater benefits than denying the spot. "No . . . I wasn't forced to be the King, but with my life style an opportunity to settle down in one area and to find a place to call home doesn't come often. Also because of my lifestyle my family isn't living in the safest atmosphere as well. So if I denied the position not only would I still be wandering the world, but I'd also continue to be a burden to my folks." He nodded to his own answer as he was partially speaking to himself getting confirmation of his actions. "18? Yeesh you're old. I was asking because I was gonna ask you to be my Queen of course hehe joking aside. I was just a bit curious seeing how you look around my age." He chuckled a bit louder than usual as he noticed his mindless walking had gotten him at the villages formal training grounds. There it seemed like some Genin or maybe academy students were practicing weapon tossing. Junpei watched intently as each metal blade was tossed, his eyes seemed to narrow sharper with each *thunk* the projectiles made into the wood.

32A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:27 pm

Nira Sjane

Nira Sjane

Nira paused, a brief look of surprise on her face before she looked off to the side, once more retreating a little back into that metaphorical shell. She had never considered how old he was, she had assumed quite old to be a daimyo, but then again that was no real indicator. At the teasing mention of her being his queen she smirked, a slight blush briefly forming as she shook her head at that. "I guess I am pretty old to still be a Genin. I just have....never been too motivated I suppose. I never really considered what progression would do to help my situation, so I guess I never bothered thinking about it or trying for it." she admitted.

33A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Poncho

Poncho
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

His chuckles duration was extended as he saw Nira blush at his joke. Not poking fun at her of course, but he just liked to pick wither her. It was different when he was joking with a female than when joking with Hikaru. Junpei couldn't put his finger on it, but something about it had a unique air. But when it came to her words, he could tell she had begun to wiggle back into her shell. Truthfully from the beginning the teen was just going to use Nira as a medium to get to the villagers, but he soon found himself actually feeling a bit for her when she went to flee back into her old self. He wasn't more so referring to the fact that she was a Genin and was just poking fun at her being older, but it was a little odd for one of her age to be a Genin. Simply knowing what she was capable of he knew she could easily reach the next rank if she reached for it and applied herself. "Eh I wouldn't really sweat it though. Like yeah, keep moving so you make progress and something to show to prove to others, but all that rank mumbo jumbo isn't really all of that. Besides . . ." He began walking away from the training grounds assuming that the fact the young kids could have been titled Genin along side Nira could have been bothering her. " . . . I'm pretty sure if you put your mind to it and really start trying, you'd be Chunin in no time. Hell if I know, you may be able to make Jounin shortly after that too." He was trying to build her back up of course, but he was also speaking the truth, she had a lot of potential and Junpei knew it.

34A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Nira Sjane

Nira Sjane

Nira had actually shifted her attention to the side for a moment when she noticed the beginnings of the 'you can do it' speech. She turned and tilted her head slightly at the male. There was no smirk, no incredulity, just genuine curiosity, ad a brief squint as she ignored the word, shutting her ears off to his voice for a moment, instead focusing on his facial features to see if his body language matched up. "That's an.....interesting way to look at it." she noted with a slow smile, as if she had discovered something quite interesting about the man, folding her arms, a display of growing pleasure in whatever realization she'd made.

35A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:04 pm

Poncho

Poncho
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Junpei felt as if he successfully dragged her out of the shell that she was rolling towards, but she seemed to also have gained a secret or something of the nature. It was all very evident in the slow smile, the folding of the arms, the nod, . . . she was judging him. He didn't know if she had come to a negative or positive conclusion, but he felt a little uneasy seeing who sagely she seemed to act about it. "What's up with you?" He would look over at her with a raised brow a bit weary. "You should know it's not kind to judge people . . . at least not noticeably. Makes em uncomfortable." It was true, for as long as you didn't get caught, who was to say the act was wrong, but Junpei had very much noticed. Maybe this was just payback for him judging her earlier though, maybe she had noticed and Junpei didn't pick up on it. Or maybe she was just trying to pick on his nerves. "Hmmm" The teens eyes shifted over to her once more as their journey still continued around the village.

36A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:21 pm

Nira Sjane

Nira Sjane

Nira was quite pleased with the reaction she received, simply nodding her head lightly at that, setting her gaze forward as se took into consideration his words. They had been walking for a while now, on and off in their conversation. Looking around she took a moment to just get a look at their surroundings for moment. They hadn't gone too far, but it was a slightly different area. The place was nice, not very urban, the place had a humble feel to it. The trees growing close to the dirt and stone paths, houses not overly large in this area. It was....peaceful.
She paused, taking a moment to turn those red-orange hues to the male before speaking. "Maybe..... but I'm a bit hungry...and perhaps a bit tired. So this might be farewell for the evening, unless you plan on comig to visit me in my home." she noted with that light smile, slightly playful in nature aas if she were interested to see if he backed off or decided to join her.

37A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:35 pm

Poncho

Poncho
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

It seemed his subconscious had actually led him back to where his journey began. This being the housing area the man he was staying with and his family lived. "At least I'm not lost . . ." He spotted the home, but unlocked his gaze off of the door as his head turned to face Nira. Subtly his eyes traced from down to up, before narrowing on her own eyes as if trying to see something that was far away. He knew she had taken a liking to making him a bit uncomfortable, but for the mos part he didn't mind. It kept him with something to do and along with her it kept him entertained. "Walking you home can't hurt anything . . ." Junpei's dull crimson orbs cast a final gaze at the cottage, before turning and placing his hands in his pockets ready to follow Nira's lead to her home. It would be nice to know where his pupil stayed for one and he also didn't have plans on going to his resting quarters just yet. Then there was the new side of him that didn't want to make Nira walk home by herself as that seemed rather rude especially with him being the Daimyo. So with a reassuring nodded to himself, he then waited for her to lead the way this time.

38A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:32 pm

Nira Sjane

Nira Sjane

Nira paused at that and chuckled, giving the Daimyo a nod and a very subtle bow of her head at that, turning and smiling as she did so.
"Fair enough." She noted lightly. The journey was a bit of an...interesting one. For one, they certainly made an odd pair, as soon as one of them was recognized in passing, a look of disdain would be prepared before seeing the other, this would cause that look of contempt to turn into one of confusion. How was it that the Daimyo and the freak had come to go walking together?  Perhaps was it that the Daimyo planned to try and marry a local girl to get along better? If so he certainly had made an odd choice. Rumor and odd suspicion became the commodity, and by the time they finally reached the humble front of their home, there was quite a murmur going through the neighborhood. They had arrived at the very moment that her Aunt was pulling some weeds. Not particularly one with the times and a bit...senile. She remembered that he was the daimyo, but she seemed to miss or forget the fact that Junpei was not particularly popular. From the old woman's view, Nira had walked home with a rather handsome and very powerful and noble leader of their country. Immediately a wide, knowing smile and giggling escaped the woman before she bowed to the man, a wise and still sharp (sort of) look in those eyes, as if, perhaps, one might imagine that she wasn't senile, but just cleverly hiding her wit behind age. "An honor to meet you milord." the woman chuckled, bowing before hurrying inside to give Nira some privacy.  Nira herself simply smiled, chuckling lightly at the antics of the woman before nodding to the man. "It was a pleasure meeting you June." she explained, bowing her head before turning and slipping inside to be set upon immediately by her aunt who was indeed very curious aas to how the shy little orchid had gotten the leader of the village to walk her home.

[exit]

Last edited by Nira Sjane on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total

39A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Day of Scouting[FlashBack] Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:23 am

Poncho

Poncho
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Following Nira's lead it wasn't long before Junpei noted the eyes on not him, but the pair. Both of the village outcast coming together, it seemed like the preparation for a horror film or mass murder. That's what it was in Junpei's mind though. He was quite oblivious to the idea that people could suspect the two to be a couple. Soon enough the sun had began to set, but just in time the two had arrived at Nira's home. It wasn't spectacular or unimpressive, it seemed like your typical home in the eyes of Junpei. Giving a wave to whom Junpei expected was Nira's grandmother from her age, he knew he wouldn't be able to stop the woman from bowing and it wouldn't be in his right to tell her not to. But he dissected her smile and the look in her eyes. Junpei related it to an ancient serpent, but the snake had soon slithered away before Junpei could gaze a bit longer to find what was hiding inside her pink matter. Even though the woman was in the house, Junpei's gaze lingered on the door for a bit longer, before directing his attention to Nira. His stomach wrenched at the use of the word pleasure, it made him feel obligated to return the level of gratefulness. Not that he didn't enjoy meeting Nira, he just wasn't one to express things of that manner. Something he assumed he got from his family seeing how they all seemed like emotionless rocks when it came to giving praise or showing subtle endearment. Not even just saying "you too" felt right for Junpei, though it was still avoiding using a specific word. "Yeah . . . have a nice night." He shook his head with a playful smile upon seeing her bow, before waving to go about the remainder of his day.

This would consist of him going back to the training grounds where he had saw the Genin practicing earlier. Given the time of day with the sun setting, Junpei didn't expect there to be any children still there practicing, but to his surprise there was still one. Stopping at a safe distance before his presence was noticed Junpei hoped the kid wouldn't react in a negative manner due to Junpei approaching or that the kids parents wouldn't show up and make a scene. It was probably best not to engage the kid thinking about it, but Junpei did anyhow. Clearing his throat softly as he approached he wanted to make sure his presence was known before getting too close. "Hey it's pretty late . . . why are you still here?" Junpei inquired crouching down to the kids level. He could see the boy was pretty shocked, but it seemed like Junpei wasn't an enemy in his eyes. "I'm waiting on my mom to pick me up, but I don't know where she is . . ." His voice carried a bit of sorrow, but seeing that the kid was waiting for his mom, Junpei figured these were academy students and not Genin. "What about your father, will he come to pick you up?" The child shook his head in a negative manner before a couple of tears streamed down his face. "Shit, what I do now?" "H-hey kid whats wrong, where's your dad?" Junpei inquired looking around thankfully noticing no one in fear the kid would begin bawling out at any moment. "Th-the bad men kil-killed him during the invasion." The words made Junpei's heart sink and for the first time since his first kill ever, he resented the fact that he had killed someone. He may not have been the one who killed his father, but he could have killed someone else father down the line or maybe someones son.

The pain in his chest only lasted a instant though, for after that quick sharp pain, the wall of a killer was raised back up defending him from feeling it any further. The feelings of remorse were also drowned out with the pains absence and the ruby eyes Junpei had, reclaimed their bloody gleam. "I see, well I'll take you home then. Know where you live." It was as if he was speaking to a child that wasn't even crying or in pain as he stood and waited for the child to get a grip and begin walking, whether in tears or not. Junpei didn't fear the idea of the kids mother meeting them on the way to their house, reason being she was probably in her home crying her eyes out or drinking her pain away. Soon as the kid began walking Junpei followed at a close distance behind him, his crying quickly turned to choppy sobs though as he realized Junpei wasn't feeling sorry for him. Not that the boy wanted empathy, but seeing that Junpei remained stoic as he walked through the village made the boy follow suit with dried tears upon his face.

Arriving at the boys home he entered and thanked Junpei who nodded in return. As he was walking away the boys mother came out the house apparently seeing who guided her son home. Seeing who the escort was, the woman didn't know what to feel, but she still had to relinquish the feelings or losing her husband out of someone apparently and at the top of her lungs she shouted that she hated him. All bystanders eyes were directed on Junpei at this point and with the slam of a door, Junpei never felt more awkward, but he guessed it was the price to pay for trying to teach and old dogs new tricks. Maybe he wouldn't be able to pull off this peaceful Daimyo thing. Maybe in a span of months or years, maybe even next week his mask would crack and all hell would break loose. Those were the things he mulled over as he leisurely walked to the house he had been staying in.

Opening the front door he bowed to the normal residents of the cottage and went to sleep in his room without a word.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum