Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

V

V
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

"This is your first assignment. Those packages need to be carried by all six of your big, strong arms. The guys back at adminstration's can't do it themselves. Kuroo, Takeo, Hitomi. Do drag all ten of them to there in one go. And then meet me back here". he instructed after pointing at the boxes.

"Here we are", Musashi said, stopping 20 meters from the village gates after he run, or rather pranced, over from the Hokage Mountain area.
With his team on board for the series of exercises he's going to have them do, Musashi had left the building, calling for his Genin to catch up with him as if they were playing a game of tag. Musashi had not played that in a while. The sensation of the wind blowing across his face, eyes, and hair a few seconds ago was still there.

While running over there, he juggled the idea that was in his mind. Performing mundane tasks, the Genin, even if they had experience, would know what it's like doing missions, and hopefully gather the skills of work ethic and coorperation in order to gain not only power as a collective unit but also individual competence. The Genin were not too far behind him, as he was not moving at a deliberately fast speed.

When he arrived near the gates, he could see a delivery man carrying boxes. Hope his leafies didn't expend too much energy getting all the way over here; after all, the distance is at least several hundred meters. There were whole loads of them boxes, carrying things that only Musashi knows back when he was Hokage. He pointed at them. There were TEN boxes.

Kuroo

Kuroo
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

I looked at Miyamoto sensei, as my mind was boggled by the fact we were carrying BOXES. Stupid BOXES. What kind of excuse was it where the people in the building couldn't do it? Broken wrist or something? Well, anyone would want to escape such a boring task, even myself. Me cutting down those trees were more fun, at the least I could let go anger or something. He started to run off all happily, like he was a six year old girl happy that she got a doll. This was gonna be one hell of a ride in this team, I wonder what else this sensei has in his mind, haha.

He told us to chase after him, to see if we could catch up. "Well, I'll see ya guys there." The words came out of my mouth as I jumped down the Hokage Mountain, landing on the floor. A bit of running and chasing wouldn't hurt. This was no issue, not like I would be worn out after this. My eyes were laid on Miyamoto sensei, where he was my only target... well also the village gates.

When I arrived at the destination, I wasn't panting or anything, I let out one breath of air, and that was about it. A little bit of exercise never hurts, and this definitely didn't. I just hope that my team mates wouldn't be tired by the time they got here. "So, these are the boxes we're carrying..." I stated, pointing at the several boxes. By the time the other two arrived, I already had the basic plan outlined.

"Since there's 10 boxes, we can each have 3 boxes, and then I'll take the extra one remaining. That sound good guys?" Simple mathematics to split the workload, since there was the three of us; unless Miyamoto sensei would pitch in and drag a box himself. But this was our mission, and he's suppose to supervise us on the mission, not do anything for us. Especially considering this wasn't something dangerous. Unless he chooses to aid us with dragging all these boxes to the Administration building.

Hitomi Shiruku

Hitomi Shiruku
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

She seemed to nod at any command or action told by him. She knew better to follow and become stronger with a group. She had noticed him explaining the mission they were to take and how they'd do so. She understood but as he left off like some sort of child towards the place she felt the need to roll her eyes. It was bad enough her cousin was to childish for her age, now she had to have a mentor as the same?

Either way once Kuroo set off after him in a haste she rolled her shoulders before pulling her arms up then slamming them down towards the ground causing a quick gust of wind to blow beneath herself can giving her a jump boost. She didn't care for a race or tag as a game more-so just wanted to get to the destination with as little need to walk or run since she'd have to do that on the way back. Saving energy for the later rather than now.

She reached the destination closely beside Kuroo landing on her feet with near precision. She always concentrated upon where she was and how she'd handle things in a silence. She stood up from her bent knees looking at the boxes and the number of them. She nodded to Kuroo about who should carry how much. Especially since she wasn't one to boast anything worth in actual lifting strength.

She begun to lift a box noticing the weight right away. Of course they had to be this heavy, and of course she had to carry them. She didn't want to talk much about it however, knowing the others wouldn't have a problem. She sighed quietly hoping they wouldn't notice her small struggle. After all she's suppose to be strong, just like anyone else. Just like everyone else and just like anyone could be. To be immersed within the crowd and not much sense of strain.

Flabbysaurus

Flabbysaurus
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

After having fought bandits and a giant serpent Takeo was less than happy about this mission given to him, if you you could even call it a mission. Takeo was about to complain about the mundane task but his sensei was already prancing away gleefully. Takeo wasn't sure why he was so happy. He wondered if he found joy knowing how they would most likely detest the task given to them. Takeo groaned as his two team mates began to make their way to get the packages. He wondered if they were just as glum about having to do this. He sighed and began to follow them down Hokage Mountain and towards the village gates.

Takeo was last to arrive but only by a few seconds. He'd managed to recover somewhat from his high speed run to Hokage Mountain earlier but his body was still tired from it so he had to take a few breathes before going over to see how many boxes there were. Takeo quickly counted them and let out a sigh afterwards. He hoped they weren't too heavy but he really doubted that. Takeo was no heavy lifter. He certainly wasn't weak but he felt confident that he could carry the boxes all the way back to the administration building. Although he was aware he'd be quite tired afterwards. That morning run he had to make was already beginning to bite him in the ass.

Takeo nodded in response to Kuroo's question. "If need be I can carry the fourth box for a while if you're getting too tired." Takeo offered. He wasn't sure how strong Hitomi was. Takeo didn't want to burden her with another box if it was too heavy for her but he didn't want to seem sexist in thinking that Hitomi couldn't carry four boxes. He walked over and selected 3 boxes at random to carry, unsure if they'd all weigh the same or vary.

V

V
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin

[Skip my post. It'd be Kuroo's turn now. I'm just looking over till you guys actually carry them to the building]

Kuroo

Kuroo
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

"Okay, best we get going..." I responded. A rope like material was attached to the boxes I was going to carry, possibly the heaviest? Eh, I'll know once I do it. I chose four of them, and wrapped the rope around them. As simple as that all was, now it was to drag them to the administration building... Maybe once we got through the hoard of citizens roaming the streets. This was going to be a lot of "Excuse Me" and "Sorry" stuff going on.

As I started to drag the boxes, they were a noticeably heavy weight. Specifically realizing that this was going to be a simple strength and endurance sort of training. "Well, as all of it shall be, this is already training," I started to speak to the other two, just to create some sort of small talk. "and Miyamoto sensei most likely has things planned for after this boring little mission." I let out a quiet little sigh, the rope gripping on my shoulder as I dragged it through the streets. "Excuse me... Sorry." I kept mumbling, as people were accidentally bumping into me. Luckily, no one has tripped just yet.

In the distance, you could clearly see the building, but there was still a ways to go before arriving at the place. What in the world were in these boxes that could be at this weight? Unless these were large stacks of papers of some significant matter, why would they be shipped in boxes in the first place? Quite a load of packages, I could say for myself. Well, best I'd stay on task than think of other things regarding the mission. Gotta keep a frame of mind going.

I released a silent little yawn. The rope was nearly scraping my skin while they carried, and while I dragged. The pain wasn't that bad, but, it stung a little bit when I would pull the rope too hard to tighten the grip. Almost there... I can do it.. No, we can. Hopefully they aren't struggling. I glanced at Hitomi and Takeo, to check up on how they were doing so far.

Hitomi Shiruku

Hitomi Shiruku
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

Hitomi seemed to struggle with the boxes as it was. One was liftable, two was heavy, three was just harsh. However she kept up with the group silently. Sweating under her brow yet looking at the other two with no change in emotion. She wasn't going to be the weak one out, not today. Of course however she was getting tired, being pushed by the crowds and nearly toppling over wasn't the best feeling.

Seeing some actually try to avoid her was pleasant, those who did ram through usually scoffed at them or were to much in a rush to look at them. Idiots, they all were was what she could think of. She then overheard the two comrade's conversation. "Boring is the least of the worries here, Boring is doing nothing and having nothing...This is an assignment, we are doing an action. Save the chatter for when we get there so we aren't so tired incase he does pull a move of some sort."

She said in a serious tone. All the whining and griping about how dull or boring this mission was irritated her to no end. It's not about the glory of the battle, or how awesome your moves are. It was about the actual work to help out. To do something and get it done right. But what did she expect, they have no clue how close to being on the line one can get before their last breath seeps out. She knew about this and not so much feared it but disliked it. At the end of the day it's a person vs another person who both have ideas that won't match.

Like her old friend told her once, there wasn't a good or evil. Just a different opinion on the world, and we live to serve what we justify to be the right choice. Even the enemy does the same. But to take her mind off that. She saw the destination so far off and already she felt the weight of her back gain pressure. Most she could do was hope the rest of the way was easier on herself. That and the sensei wouldn't pull a quick attack on them in such a disadvantageous place. Then again she may have been just over thinking the man's skills and he'd just be ogling at women around while he waited for them.

V

V
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin

Good team.... good team.... he thought, finishing up the beef teriyaki he brought earlier before throwing it away into the can before any of the Genin could be in sight.

Musashi had watched as the three of them were able to divvy up the workload quickly, wasting no time complaining about the boxes. Quick communication only on the mission. Musashi watched as Kuroo acted as the director of their task, and even took on the greater burden of the mission. The boxes moved and were carried towards their intended destination, the weight of them no doubt applying pressure on their young bodies and skin liquid excrement accumulating over hundreds of meters of industrious, trecherous travel. Musashi just waited till they were far gone from his sight, before he went over to the nearby food stall he had been eyeing for some time now. With the next mission in mind, Musashi just brought a dango stick and beef teriyaki. He'd be able to chow them down before the three of them even returned here. He looked at the dango, eyeing the four meat balls. Black, blue, white, green. They all one down his mouth one by one, like inserting coins into a slot machine.

Kuroo

Kuroo
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

I could hear the dissatisfaction in Hitomi's voice, but her tone of attitude in a way disgusted me. Yes, this was a mission, and there was a purpose, but it was also one of the very few missions we have since we are still Genin. Honestly, I didn't really care about her as much anymore, I wanted to get the mission done. I also don't get why she doesn't enjoy communicating, as it's an essential in missions and working together.... At least that's what I could depict from my very little experience, and common sense.

I sighed, as we were almost there. The distance between us and the Administration building was closing in, meaning we would be done with this little mission. I still had no idea on what was in these boxes, as the thought roamed my mind. Imagine it was some worthless stuff, and they just wanted us to do it as a mission... how interesting it would be the, huh? I looked up at the Hokage Mountain, as it kept the motivation going. We would finish this now.

As we were nearing the location, I put my last amount of effort and strength into dragging the relatively heavy boxes into the building. It felt as if the boxes were becoming more heavier, and annoying to say the least. But no matter, I would complete the mission either way. I wish this was a bit more exciting. Well, I assumed we were suppose to deliver it to the members part of the council or government, at the least. "Hmmm." I whispered to myself, as the the gap decreased between us and the landmark.

The very last push felt the hardest, but it was satisfying to know that we all successfully completed the mission. I let the rope fall off my shoulder, checking the grip marks on the palm of my hands. All red, as expected. I let out one big breath, as it made me relax and calm once again.

Hitomi Shiruku

Hitomi Shiruku
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

She carried on with the rest of the group pushing herself as it was to keep up with them and then the worst, just getting there with such heavy boxes. This was just a mission and she was struggling with this. She could only think that she needed to train more rather than the thought of sleeping could help her irritation and her training effectiveness. But the day that changes is the day these boxes weren't so heavy.

She had finally made it up the hill somewhat lagging behind the group but finally made it there wanting to just throw the things down. She hated this, she hated being so weak. Even if it was her own fault. However of course she knew her team wouldn't like her attitude, she didn't care however. Talking may be important but if it was gonna waist energy and time then everyone might as well be mute. She noticed the sensei just ahead and once she had finally made it to the destination she sighed out a breath of air looking over at him.

Flabbysaurus

Flabbysaurus
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

Takeo continued making his way to the administration building along with Kuroo and Hitomi. The weight of the boxes were taking it's toll on Takeo. His face was red, his hands were sore and he was beginning to sweat quite a bit. Takeo couldn't wait to be done with this mission. He was looking forward to heading to the hot springs right after,  Takeo just hoped he wouldn't fall asleep in them. No doubt he'd gladly sleep on the ground once he was finished delivering the heavy boxes. 

Once the building was in sight Takeo gave a sigh of relief and quickened his walking pace as best as he could. Despite the fatigue Takeo was experiencing he didn't falter as he made the last stretch of the journey. He hoped to maybe see what was inside the boxes that made them so heavy. Once  they had made it Takeo gently set the boxes down. He would have hated to damage whatever was inside after exerting so much energy carrying it here.

Takeo let out a deep breath and lay on the ground next to the boxes for a minute. He looked at his two squad mate who seemed to be doing okay after carrying the boxes. They both seemed tired but that was understandable. "I really hope we don't have another mission. I don't think my body will let me move from here." Takeo said as he lay on the ground, panting.

V

V
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin

Mission Complete

Musashi settled down three bottles of water, one for each. "Drink up quickly. We're going to a forest next. Old Man Harukawa needs some wood", he said, patiently waiting for them to get back up.

"Mhm hmm... looks like you're all beat", Musashi said before getting out the water bottles. Realizing that they should have been there by now, Musashu had hurried over to the Hokage's Mountain. He had enough time to eat some ramen before attending to them, but he wanted to move onto something else. Once he got there, he could see the Genin finish unloading the boxes. "Well done", he declared, a mission done. The Genin must be physically tested if they were to endure the stresses of combat. Carrying boxes was a meager task to them - not even handiwork. What's gonna happen next will directly require strenuous effort, and if they don't come to cooperate in their exhausted states, they're not getting down until night-time. Expressions of frustration, wariness, and maybe even sourness tortured his student's faces. Will they not be able to survive the next round?

Kuroo

Kuroo
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

In the end, we all managed to deliver the boxes successfully. Along side me, Takeo and Hitomi were both pretty exhausted at the moment, but I'm sure they'd recover at some point... "By the looks of it, we're going to have another mission dude. Don't get your hopes up." I gave a light sigh, we definitely weren't going to be wasting time today. Not by the looks of Miyamoto Sensei, considering he seemed like the guy who was going to give us plenty to do, and 'improve' on.

Miyamoto Sensei arrived and placed down three water bottles for us, as he told us to hurry up- we had a new mission already. Wait, wait, wait. I ALREADY DID THIS MISSION HE'S ASSIGNING US TO! I grunted and rubbed my forehead of the little remains of sweat droplets coming down. Bahhh, I was going to do the same mission again. At least I won't have to chop down like 10 trees again by myself. Hopefully less after we share the efforts as a team.

Facepalm.

"Damn, I did this mission already. Guess I have to do it again..." I murmured to myself at the side, as I went to reach for the water bottle. Ahhh, sooooo refreshing to see water, and drink it at the same time. It was cold water too... At least he had the decency to grab us a drink before heading into the next mission. I decided to drink a quarter or so of it and leave some for later, after this new-old mission.

Hitomi Shiruku

Hitomi Shiruku
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

She felt exhausted of course, not so much in breath but by the weight of the boxes carried. Once given the water she took the time to pour some of it on her hand then wipe it on her forehead and then her neck.It was pretty refreshing to be cooled down by it atleast. However knowing what'll happen on the next mission eased her more. She took the time to drink the water as well, even with it's dirty taste it was better than suffocating under those heavy weights. She felt the need to stretch a bit, lifting her arms out and twisting her back a bit in a slow fashion.

Not carrying more stuff, or atleast that heavy of things, just cutting wood. It sounded like something her father would do every day, however not really with a hatchet but with wind maneuvers. But at the very least it would also smell better than the hassle of the people and crowds. She calmly sighed out a breath before looking at the other two. "Well I guess the guy needs alot of wood or something then." She stated, not in any harsh way just as a statement to Kuroo. Before she must have felt pretty frustrated, it was like telling someone to shut up when they are under pressure. Of course she wouldn't admit that but she was feeling a bit troubled. She really didn't want to be taken advantage off by the group by neither did she want to seem like a hateful person. Oh well maybe that was just her own paranoia.

Flabbysaurus

Flabbysaurus
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

Takeo groaned once the realisation hit that this wasn't the end, only just the beginning by the looks of things. It didn't help that the next mission was also one that would require plenty of endurance. Usually Takeo wouldn't be as worn out as much if he hadn't taken such a fast run earlier in the morning. He was grateful for the bottle of water. It was like a godsend to Takeo. He downed half of the cool refreshing water in a surprising amount of time. He then splashed a small amount onto his face to cool down leaving him with about a quarter of the original amount. Not conserving as much of his water as the others had which didn't bother him too much anyway. Now feeling a lot more refreshed despite the aching feeling in his arms which could only get worse with the next mission Takeo jumped back onto his feet. Looking a bit more active after quenching his thirst. It seemed like it had given him a second wind.

Takeo stood patiently, stretching his arms as he waited for his sensei to lead them to the next mission which Takeo guessed would be outside the village. That was were most of the trees where. As he waited he wondered how many trees the three of them would have to cut down. He hoped they would only have to cut down ten between the three of him. Despite his optimistic attitude however Takeo had the sinking feeling they'd probably have to cut down 10 each at the least. At least, unlike Kuroo, he hadn't already done this mission.

V

V
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin

Spoiler:

"You see three axes on the ground. Old Man Harukawa over there needs you to cut down ten trees. Then, we'll drag the trees twenty meters to where he lives. Get this done by any means necessary".
he instructed after turning his attention to the three Genin; he sat on the stump and gave them their instructions.

Looking as the liquid splashed relief on their faces and along with it drifted rivers of fatigue, his three little Genin had received some renewal to them. "Yosh", he said, before running off over to the outskirts of the village. There is an area there, just by the river, with good trees and plenty of sun. After making his way over there, Musashi could see Old Man Harukawa waiting for them, with three axes already laid out on the grass. Musashi approached him, and the two smiled at each other, right before shaking hands warmly. They conversed a bit, like old friends who have not seen each for some time now. He turned his attention to the three Genin.

Kuroo

Kuroo
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

OOC: Guise, remember each of us has to post at least a minimum of 300 worrrrddss... <3

Picking up my water, I would follow right after Miyamoto sensei, arriving at the location of the mission. Just the same as before when I completed the mission earlier on in the month. I nodded at sir Haruwaka, as his face was still quite familiar, and he also recognized me as well. "Roger." I replied to Miyamoto sensei, as I made my way to pick up one of the three axes placed on the ground. I placed it on my shoulder, stepping in front of my first tree. Well, at the least my arms were already use to the structure of the tree, and ready to cut down ten trees.

I threw a few relatively heavy swings at the tree trunk, as you could hear the sound of the bark cracking. About a minute or so later, the tree collapsed on the ground. One tree down, nine more to go. I wanted to get this over with as fast as I could. The least this could do would build up my endurance, and my arm strength a bit more, therefore my basic taijutsu attacks would be much more improved by that point. The second tree was about to fall to it's end as well, as I yawned, striking with the last swing. Craasssshhhhhh. The sound was merely a distraction, and satisfied me so it would just make me feel like I accomplished something.

As I was racking against the third tree of the process, I analyzed the tree trunks to find the weakest points to hit. By doing so, it would reduce some heavy effort that would clearly be unnecessary for such a job like this. It took me awhile to get use to finding it's weak spots, but I did manage to find some pretty obvious ones. Using my brain once in awhile doesn't hurt, in fact it stimulates it to the point where I'm a lot more active and allows me evaluate a lot quicker and easier. Third tree drops to the floor. Sigh, seven more to go.

Hitomi Shiruku

Hitomi Shiruku
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

She gave out a long sigh then stood up. With the second wind from the water she tossed the bottle into a disposal nearby before following the group. Before herself as well as the rest of the group of genin was the one who offered the mission up, Haruwaka. She nodded her head to him kindly as if to let him know this mission would be finished quickly and effifciently. She then started to listening to her sensei's words. She took a minute to pause and thought on it. Thinking closely on it and remembering something interesting.

She saw the axes, three of them on the ground however she felt there had to be an easier way to this, especially with the first mission being so heavy on her arms as it was. She noticed Kuroo start on his trees and as she saw what kind of strain she'd have to deal with she shook her head. She then took a minute whilst in her thought before smirking. "Any means, correct?" She asked as she formed two hand seals whilst blowing into her hands to create a wind current. She then took that wind current to speed up much quicker than usual and compressed it into a thinly spinning current that howled like a tornado.

She then took the current back a bit to figure out how to toss it in the right direction. She twisted her body before letting it go like a Frisbee. "Wind Saw!" She called out her jutsu as if to warn the others. As it was released she was able to cut three trees rowed together before the jutsu stopped. At first they stood still and it seemed like nothing happened however they soon tipped over with a loud roaring thud and the crackling of the branches echoing for a minute. She then looked at the group as if to expect them to protest her method.

OOC:

Words:
CP:

Flabbysaurus

Flabbysaurus
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

Takeo picked up his water bottle and was quick to follow his sensei once he began leading them to the mission location and the one who gave them the mission, Old Man Harukawa as he was called by Miyamoto sensei. Once they arrived Takeo smiled and gave Harukawa a quick wave as if he knew him. The old guy seemed nice enough so Takeo hoped he wouldn't disappoint him, or any of his team for that matter. Even if fatigue was taking over his body he was quite determined to survive this gauntlet of missions if there even as another one.

Takeo stretched his arms a little before picking up an axe as well. He moved over to the nearest tree but made sure he wasn't in either of his team mates way. As he did he twirled the axe around in his hand a little bit. Trying to get a feel for the weight of the axe and the best way to hold it. Using two hands was obvious to him but where they were positioned was what Takeo was trying to determine. He hoped to be able to get a good grip and strike as hard and as precisely as possible for more efficiency. His proficiency in kenjutsu came in handy to a certain degree with this task.

Takeo lined the axe up with the base of the trunk after making a small chip in it. Using it as a mark to hit as he believed it to be the best spot to strike. He wasn't too sure as to where the best location to start was but he hoped he would quickly get the hang of it. Once aimed correctly Takeo swung at the base of the tree as hard as possible while still trying to keep his hit precise and on target with the mark. Takeo pulled the axe out from the now partially cut tree and took a few seconds to see how much damage he managed to do in one strike while the others continued on to their second or third tree. He wasn't surprised to see he hadn't hit his mark exactly. A bit below and to the left a little and he would've been dead on. He sighed as he continued the process until the tree finally fell to the ground. Although he was going at a slower pace unlike the others who were close to the halfway mark. Mainly due to Takeo trying his best not to overexert himself. He paused for a few seconds to recuperate and catch his breath before continuing on. By the time he was onto his fourth tree Takeo had gotten better with the axe. Now understanding the weapon better he was able to strike deep into the trunk of the tree and waste less time and energy on each tree. And although the slow pace was still going it had picked up slightly. Takeo took a sip of his water before continuing on.

Kuroo

Kuroo
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

As I took twisted the cap on my water bottle, I took a sip, noticing that Hitomi had decided to use her Fuuton techniques to her advantage. I had nothing to say, as for sensei did say "by any means necessary." I sighed to myself, as I thought about what I would do. There was nothing much, so might as well just go old school and improve my endurance and arm strength with this work, in the end, it'll be much more satisfying to my own tastes, preferably better over using any techniques on these trees. I picked the axe up again, and continued to hack on the next few in front of my view.

Slowly, the trees one by one would make it's way to the ground, collapsing to it's sad ending. One by one, the tree's all fell in the end, as I was finally nearing the end of the ten trees that we had to cut down. Although I'm already a bit sweaty and tired, this was work that would improve my abilities overall, so might as well make the best of it, rather than taking the shortcut way out. The harder I worked, the better my physical capabilities became, at least what I could figure out for the time being.

Large and small swings both made their differences on the tree trunks, noticing the large dents from the axes in the wood. I thought about how Hitomi was dealing with her side, realizing it wasn't something valuable to learn from. Yes, we are ninja, and we have powers that a lot of regular citizens do not, but taking short ways out, or relieving the amount of effort that others put in is sort of immature in my own beliefs. We're still human, and we still have to suffer the pain and work, so why try to avoid it? Isn't it much more valuable to learn than avoid? I contemplated back and forth, as well focusing on the last two trees that stood in front of me. However, the logic that was in my mind wouldn't be hers, as we all had our own opinions and ways of dealing with situations... Better stick to my own rules, and beliefs.

The second last tree had made contact with the grassy fields, as you hear the loud thud commence. I yawned as I usually did and moved finally to the last tree. With the remaining strength that I temporarily had for this work, I slayed it as best as I could, and with only a mere two hits, the tree trunk had split into two, whereas I didn't have to hack into it an approximate six to ten times. I took another sip of water from the bottle, leaving about 2/4 of it still filled.

I returned back to where the axes were placed and put them back down, and took my time to head back to the ten trees I had cut down. Grabbing the wood, I started to drag it back for the old man.

Hitomi Shiruku

Hitomi Shiruku
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

She seemed to nod at the reactions she saw upon her tired teammate's faces. One kept on his work and the other seemed to want to say something but kept to his own. She herself took the time to count out the trees that fell and then count out and line up around four more. She seemed to hold her hand out to one of the trees as if lining it up before backing up and preforming her Wind Saw once more. As the blade went through the trunks like a knife through butter she noticed whilst counting she was three shy of the full amount. With that she made a pulling motion as it to control the Wind Saw she created to circle back around and take out a line of three trees.

She sighed out for a moment, taking a breath of air and slamming her hands down to her side. She listened to the cracks and falling of the trees then wiped her forehead. She then went to the trees and barely lifted one at a time up. It was apparent and infact obvious she wasn't just tired, she wasn't physically strong. If she did take the time to axe the trees down she'd possibly be more tired and even collapse of exhaustion rather than be able to carry them. It was apparent she was good for jutsu but when it came to anything physical she faltered.

She took another tree and carried it on, counting each up until she had all ten of her cut logs carried finally. She seemed to just want the jobs done and over with, frustration building up within with each log. If it were her old team she may had been calmer and happier, even at ease from it but these, these teammates just had her feeling like she had no room to trust them. Let alone feel safe or at the comfort at knowing who they were any more than mere faces and names. Of course this was just for her to learn to deal with those she didn't care for much but even then she felt she was just out of place.

Word Count:
Cp:

Flabbysaurus

Flabbysaurus
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

Takeo continued the same process he had been using from the start to take down the trees. By the time the other two were done and ready to move the fallen trees he was now starting on his 8th tree. Despite the fatigue he felt, the fact that Takeo knew how close he was to finishing the first part of the mission was what kept him going. Soon enough the sound of another tree cracking and then a resounding thud echoed out into the woods. Takeo walked over to the next tree but dropped his axe there. His hands were sore from handling the axe, it was definitely not the most comfortable tool to use for a long period of time. Takeo took a few deep breaths, drank the last few droplets of water in his bottle and continued on with his work. Eventually Takeo had finished cutting down the last two trees he needed to and now began the process of moving them.

Takeo went back to the original location where the retrieved their axes and placed his down next to the other two. He then made his way back to the tree's he'd cut down and began to perform the tedious task of rolling them back one by one. It wasn't very efficient since he'd have to do so one at a time but Takeo found that rolling the logs would be easier. Luckily for him there were no obstacles in the way. Just some tufts of grass and bark that had flown off from the trees when they had been struck from the axes or the wind saw Hitomi had made. They were soon flattened as they were easily crushed by the heavy logs. One by one the logs were rolled back to Old Man Harukawa, each time was made a little easier as each log flattened the path towards the old guy. However, the constant heavy strain on his arms were making them feel dead. Takeo's back was also beginning to ache a little from constantly being hunched over to push the log to it's destination. Eventually Takeo was reduced to moving the logs along with his feet. He gave a half hearted kick every so often, pushing the log forwards a few centimetres at best. Takeo only kept up this way of moving them for a short while before going back to his original method, despite his body pleading to do anything but that. He suffered through it and eventually got the last log back. He threw himself to the ground, not caring about the small amount of pain that followed from such an action. Takeo was glad to be done with this mission, which he hoped would be his last for today. He'd done well to hold up this far but he wasn't sure if he couldn't go through with another physically straining mission.

V

V
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin

Old Man Harukawa smiled and greatly, profoundly thanked the Genin team for their hard work, showing sincerity from all his heart. Musashi waved goodbye to the old man and could see that it was getting dark. That would be all for today. We'll get started tomorrow morning". Musashi declared, as they made their way to Ichiraku Ramen. "Treat you all to ramen, huh!"

While they were working, Musashi had taken a sip of juice before lying down on the stump, and taking out his katana. From there, he would practice a series of swordplay exercises by himself. Like this.... like that.... he had thought to himself. A horizontal swing was followed by a diagonal slash, before it came back up as a vertical "swallow cut". a few leaves from the trees flew towards Musashi, which he cut up with extreme smoothness and fluidity, attacking almost as if he had no arms. The strain on his body was null, and as a swordsman, his art produced fine cuts. He would shift his body angle and feet around, but never leave his position as he practiced while in sync with nature. Feeling the grass and the air, Musashi used his senses to tell him when was the best time to strike. Patience and timing was key above accuracy. Some of his movements were steady with intervals, while other times his sword slashes were rapid, but that was all due to Musashi listening to nature even if it meant striking as soon as possible. Musashi ended his little demonstration with a powerful slash from right to left, where a heavy sound of air built from the swing of his sword. He sheathed his blade, just in time to see the three Genin complete with their assignment. Hmm.... as individuals they are unique...

Musashi was watching how they would think through the problem presented to them before engineering their resolutions, getting down minute details of their coorperative ability unfolding. Takeo and Kuroo had picked up arms, deciding to do it the old fashioned way. Musashi watched them intently as he could tell that they were not only working, but they were also reading the tree before them. Finding points of weakness, the young men exerted their bodily strength into straight-up handiwork. Takeo in particular seemed to have the fluidity of a swordsman, from the way he's trying to preserve his strength while making efficient strikes. Kuroo was no different, as he hammered his way into the thing.

But it was Hitomi who had done the best - maximizing productivity while minimizing time. She had accomplished what she needed to do the most efficiently. Musashi hoped that the two boys either did not have any jutsu useful for cutting down trees, or had reasoned with themselves beforehand. As shinobi, when presented a scenario where one would have to resort to normative intuition, it's always best to weigh the options beforehand and choose the best one to carry out. One cannot be sucked in into doing what is expected of them, when a better solution is at hand. This is where creativity and skill lies and to do what one can do.

Musashi and his team would make their way to Ichiraku Ramen after getting done two assignments. No doubt they had been sweating because of their physical workout, and the muscular strain they'd receive. But at least they survived, or at least, Musashi knows that they can survive his own standards. The work wasn't hard in his opinion. Ah well, Musashi has enough ryo to treat to whatever big bowl of whatever they want to go down their mouths. He'd sit himself in the well-light stall as if it were a glamorious mini-restaurant. He saw the chef. "Biwa, please" Musashi ordered. Ramen broth with pork was an excellent choice tonight. "And how about the rest of you?"

Hitomi Shiruku

Hitomi Shiruku
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

[ooc: WHOOPS o-o not my turn]

Last edited by Hitomi Shiruku on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Kuroo

Kuroo
Konoha Chunin
Konoha Chunin

As the others and I all finished up the rest of the mission, it was practically night time. The dawn had passed, but the breezes got much more cooler, along with the time of day. After the mission was done, I drank the remainders of my water from the bottle, leaving no more. Miyamoto-sensei had announced that we were going to be treated to some ramen, which I had no objections. I was hungry after that bit of work. Hm, I only liked a certain style of ramen, so I guess I'll be ordering that tonight.

"Hakodate style ramen, please and thank you." Requesting for the tasty food that the others and I awaited. Hakodate contained chicken broth, making the soup tasty and golden... Including the chicken balls, which is usually always included. I never really had ramen that often, for rarely did I eat a lot during the day. A lot of the time I'd be doing missions, or relaxing of some sort. "So um, I assume you have feed back, Miyamoto-sensei?" I questioned the wise, sort of-old-man. I also turned my head to look at him, wondering what he'd say. I don't know if he'll lecture us on anything, but I hope not, because I dread lectures. Boring crap.

As we waited for the answer from him, the others would order, and then our bowl of 'fabulousness' would finally be in front of us. Anyways, I still sort of resented Hitomi in some way, I don't even understand why myself. It's just some stupid feeling inside of me, but whatever it is, I wanted it to go away.

I didn't want to dislike her or anything, it was just the way she acted. I didn't care about the way she handled the mission, whether it was efficient for her or not. The way she talked with her attitude distracts me, as if she could care less about being here. Takeo on the other hand seemed to be pretty chill, I don't see myself ever starting up drama with him. At least hopefully no fighting, or arguments whatsoever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum